Soldier charged in attack on wife

Soldier charged in attack on wife

There are 122 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Sep 9, 2008, titled Soldier charged in attack on wife. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A 35-year-old Schofield Barracks soldier was charged in the attempted murder of his wife early Wednesday morning, and a possible weapon - a bloody hammer - was found at their Ewa Beach townhouse.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
married

Wahiawa, HI

#1 Sep 9, 2008
He should have dumped his old lady than try to knock her on the head. It would have been cheaper and wiser. Now he has to face the consequences.

So sad.

I guess a lot of (50%)married couples would like to slam their other half, but realize in order to minimize the losses they just divorce and replace them. As the saying goes " buyer beware".

Don't get into the trap.
WHATdaHell

Kapolei, HI

#2 Sep 9, 2008
What is the reason we don't have a death penalty in Hawaii? Seems to me that people like this should automatically get the death sentence period! How many violent murders alone this year? Yet the killer goes to jail, gets everything for free like 3 meals, haircuts, medical, cable, phone time and WE pay the tab! How F'D up it that?
Free at last

Wahiawa, HI

#3 Sep 9, 2008
When people get married, they don't realize what reality is. They are blind to it all (tunnel vision). After being married... the nite mare begins.... cheating ... lying... infidelity...which is a part of married life. The infidelity will happen, sooner or later.

Then they become your worst nite mare trying to take your retirement.

Been there done that
WestSide

Kailua, HI

#4 Sep 9, 2008
'going for liquor at 3 am'?? that lie should have been clue #1! where do you buy booze at 3 am (yeah, some clubs in town maybe)

Liar Liar Liar!!

Fry him.

Kick him out of the military and strip him of any connection. Our great troops don't need to be associated with this lying p.o.s.

“Phil 4:13”

Since: Apr 08

Wahiawa, HI

#5 Sep 9, 2008
I knew the original story just didn't make sense.

He beat her up, probably left because he freaked out, then freaked out even more when he came back home to find out how SEVERE he actually hurt her.

Arguments does not give the right for anyone to place their hands on someone else, male or female.

I pray that Tara Phillips pulls through.
LauLau

AOL

#6 Sep 9, 2008
Death!!!!!!!!

“Live Love Laugh.. and Surf! :)”

Since: Aug 08

Kaimuki,Hilo,Ka'u, Kaupo

#7 Sep 9, 2008
Obviously violence against women is still prevalent in Hawai'i. Too bad we don't have the death penalty.
Anonymous

Kilauea, HI

#8 Sep 9, 2008
Why be with someone if it goes to that? She couldn't tell he was going to be like that....and he had to be like that. Look what happened...and all for what.

To many marriages in that situation for me....especially when a lot of woman are thinking in terms of how much child support they are going to get walking down the aisle.....and the dumbo men playing the same game thinking that they are getting a house slave in the holy process of uniting a "man and WOman" in the sacred ties of matrimony.

Somebody should have said something before "I do" in this case....eh?
Anonymous2

Fairfax, VA

#9 Sep 9, 2008
You assume you know the particulars of the relationship, that he abused her. There is no excuse to take a life, however a lot of things run can happen in the heat of the moment. Since, I know them both, this was not about money or child support since all children are with former spouses. People find themselves in intense situations and simply snap after being goaded or pushed beyond reason- it's not right, it's just fact. He didn't think about the consequences or the damage he was doing to her or to their families. No one will ever be the same for this. It's not just about him, but those children don't have their mother. And that is the worst consequence of all.
docsmith of f AINA in PA

New Castle, PA

#10 Sep 9, 2008
the reason we dont have a death penalty is I cant rember the year but A officers wife accuses some local men of raping her which was doubtfull I beleve the were incriminated by association I beleve the were playing cards and were picked up by the old HPD a rush to Judgement was made theye were tried and hung at the old OP some how it came out that she was just having an affair with one of the local men and to cover her own *** she made up the story when it was discovered that innoent men were put to death the death penalty was abollished this story was in papers of ANNE KANAHELE A old HAWIIAN school teacher who was a patient of mine in the 1980s in HON. well thats the jist of it woud make a good book aloha docsmith off AINA in PA.
Chang

Honolulu, HI

#11 Sep 9, 2008
I will reserve judgment until all the facts are known. While some evidence would point to him there is still a chance it was as he said. While he was out someone may have tried to break in to his house. Oh wait. He lives on Schofield Barracks? That doesn't make sense for someone to break in to steal anything. Only thing I can think of is if she was having an affair and the other guy came and ended it or the other guys wife. Random violence wouldn't make sense on a base. Not saying that she did have an affair but that's the only thing I can think of. Or I guess he could have been having an affair and other woman ended her out of jealousy.
A Fish Out of H2O

AOL

#12 Sep 9, 2008
What a low life!!!!!!!! Send him to the gallows.
Jim Leahy

Kailua Kona, HI

#13 Sep 9, 2008
-Lana- wrote:
Obviously violence against women is still prevalent in Hawai'i. Too bad we don't have the death penalty.
Souns like Lana is a sexest...like vor sure valley girl type..individual ....its more like VIOLENCE against each other is still RELEVANT in HI. Too bad ppl like Lana is as ignorant with her opinion like an old white lady from Alabama.
waikiki wayne

Honolulu, HI

#14 Sep 9, 2008
You were probably too small for her.
Free at last wrote:
When people get married, they don't realize what reality is. They are blind to it all (tunnel vision). After being married... the nite mare begins.... cheating ... lying... infidelity...which is a part of married life. The infidelity will happen, sooner or later.
Been there done that
alice

Honolulu, HI

#15 Sep 9, 2008
Chang is spot-on right. We do know many soldiers are under enormous stress due to the failed wars of Bush. But, we must await the facts.
KAS in Dallas

United States

#16 Sep 9, 2008
Coward! Hit a woman with a hammer. Tara, would have given him a run for his money. Stupid A- Hole. Bring that Male-Itch back to Texas, let someone put a hammer to him.

No excuse of his behavior. I hope that his punishment is harsh.
SugaLou

Honolulu, HI

#17 Sep 9, 2008
Free at last wrote:
Been there done that

Dang U really got screw'd in the marriage dept. Its not like that for ALL. Some of us do repect the the bonds marriage. What U wrote says it all. U have "Trust" issues. Get some help. U seem to assume the worst.
Kai

Kihei, HI

#18 Sep 9, 2008
This is the result of Pres.bush Iraq war. Military suicide highest in history. Violence at home against wives and childrens skyrocketing. The military is putting a small bandage on it. Cover ups on stats being spoonfed to congress. The War Machine must Move On. If the men and families must suffer, SO BE IT. This Great Military Power must NOT FAULTER. It is tradition, it is History. If our men die, call then Heros and give the family a Medal and pension. This should pacify them. HOOO RAHH.
docsmith of f AINA in PA

New Castle, PA

#19 Sep 9, 2008
chang you will find if you check with millitary police the will tell you that the % of crime on a millitary base is about the same of the civilian population in goverment housing people have valuable items tvs dvd players jewelery as a x army physsians asst. in the er ive seen many cases of domestic violence so your arguement does not hod watter but i do agree that we should wait for the investigation to be completed and all the facts gathered to reach a conclushion even under the ucmj unniformed code of millitay justace you are innocent until proven gilty I need to read the article again to figure out if the assult occured in civillian or millitary housing if it was millitary housing it would be a federal case aloha docsmith off AINA in PA.
alice

Honolulu, HI

#20 Sep 9, 2008
Kai is spot-on right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Homicidal driver gets 10 years (Apr '08) 1 hr Waikiki Vermin 55
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 3 hr texas pete 377
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' 3 hr texas pete 438
Robert The Ruse From Kona has Been Reduced To A... 3 hr District 1 2
Imua Rail?? (May '12) 3 hr Waikiki Vermin 630
Waianae's Fake Joe Balls Claims TENURE__ha ha 4 hr Libertards got no... 5
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 22 hr Leeward Outlier 1,636

Schofield Barracks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance