Ex-soldier accused in Iraq scheme - News

Ex-soldier accused in Iraq scheme - News

There are 54 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from May 13, 2009, titled Ex-soldier accused in Iraq scheme - News. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

A former Schofield Barracks senior enlisted soldier is facing federal charges that he took thousands of dollars in kickbacks from a civilian contractor when he handled Army purchasing and supply functions in Iraq.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ryansistah74

San Antonio, TX

#44 May 17, 2009
American wrote:
One of the real problem with todays society is the freedom of free speech. Most should NOT speek at all because they have no clue and they think their opinions matter hiding behind a monitor saying what ever they can pulling it out of their backside. everyone thinks they know something but in reality you know nothing.
second problem is IF you can speak fluent english then go back where you came from. Hop the green card express out. VM will get what is coming to her hopefully a little deportation, hung and quartered. She is the villian here Mr. Radcliffe is the Victim.
So only you can have the freedom of speech? Are you Ron?
ryansistah74

San Antonio, TX

#45 May 17, 2009
Family wrote:
I know Ron as well, and all you low life individuals and your uneducated comments should try getting all the facts before you start stereotyping and judging this individual. He never stole any money and never had any thoughts of laundering money. He was a hard working individual trying to get on with his marriage with a piece of ****. He wasn't sending stolen money to that b*tch, except his pay checks. She has now been arrested in Texas and will be the one facing these charges and the hard-working, family-first, Ron Radcliffe will soon regain his position at KBR and put all this bs behind him.
Well it seems YOU are not the only one who knew this hard working crook.
DonkeyDoo

Oak Park, MI

#46 May 18, 2009
to ryansitah74: i hope Ron isn't reading this trash because 90% of these posts don't know what they are talking about...He is and always will be a good person...are you that "VM" person?
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#47 May 18, 2009
DonkeyDoo wrote:
to ryansitah74: i hope Ron isn't reading this trash because 90% of these posts don't know what they are talking about...He is and always will be a good person...are you that "VM" person?
So, you are stating that he did NOT "take thousands of dollars in kickbacks from a civilian when he handled Army purchasing and supply functions in iraq," as charged. How do you know this, and are you testifying for him in order to clear his name? If not, why not? You obviously know what is really going on and we are all being duped by an out of control prosecuter. With your testimony he should be cleared within five minutes.
lotsa

Honolulu, HI

#48 May 19, 2009
I would suggest waiting til the facts come out on this case, as I've seen plenty of black market activity by Army personnel in years past.
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#49 May 19, 2009
lotsa wrote:
I would suggest waiting til the facts come out on this case, as I've seen plenty of black market activity by Army personnel in years past.
It's been around since there have been armies. I've seen heroin brought in on Phantom jets, cases of meat sold to Kaneohe businesses, washers&dryers sold right off the docks, even M60 machine guns and M14 rifles sold to criminals. BUT, that doesn't mean everyone is involved and when caught, the people involved were usually higher level NCO's and one officer. Officers are usually the ones involved in the contract scandals, mostly retiring and then going to work for the contractor they had helped. Happens all the time.
DonkeyDoo

Oak Park, MI

#50 May 22, 2009
Stumpy wrote:
<quoted text>
With your testimony he should be cleared within five minutes.
well, that "VM" persons testimony put all this garbage into play didn't it?? so someones correct testimony in 5 minutes should clear everything up. too bad the government is involved and it will take years to ever go to trial. gotta love politics! so is he really an "out of control" prosector? Maybe he should run for governor.
LV-F

UK

#53 Jun 10, 2009
Please stop with B.S
wusul

Upton, UK

#54 Jun 10, 2009
Stumpy why do you keep changing your name on here and start having conversations with yourself

WEIRDO
Casual Observer

San Diego, CA

#55 Jun 10, 2009
"One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest II" coming to a theater near you this summer...
wusul

Upton, UK

#56 Jun 10, 2009
Casual Observer wrote:
"One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest II" coming to a theater near you this summer...
what?
Stumpy

Honolulu, HI

#57 Jun 10, 2009
wusul wrote:
Stumpy why do you keep changing your name on here and start having conversations with yourself
WEIRDO
Huh? What chu talkin bout, Willis?
guilty

Nashville, TN

#58 Nov 17, 2009
First off how would these charges have stemmed from the fiance? Seeing as how she was a student what would she have to extort? Since this article Mr. Radcliffe has pleaded out, so he is not nearly as innocent as you proclaim. Reading on people who have been underneath his supervision they all have the same thing to say. He was arrogant, lied, and better than everyone. Well it looks like he gets what he deserves. 15 yrs for bribery and 20yrs for money laundering.
alice

United States

#59 Nov 17, 2009
Iraq war was illegal and a horrible, expensive mistake for Bush. We are all paying for it now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schofield Barracks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. President, Donald Trump (Aug '15) 30 min alice 3,070
Hawaii is #1 2 hr Francine 44
Preacher Jim (Feb '11) 3 hr USA 644
Adult Dating Honolulu (Jun '16) 4 hr Francine 15
Add A Word, Drop, Drop A Word (May '11) 11 hr Princess Hey 987
add a word/drop a word and 'stuff' (Nov '16) 11 hr Princess Hey 1,075
Last Post Wins (Apr '11) 13 hr Princess Hey 4,792

Schofield Barracks Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance