Appeal filed against Wal-Mart plan

Appeal filed against Wal-Mart plan

There are 31 comments on the The Morning Call story from Sep 19, 2008, titled Appeal filed against Wal-Mart plan. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

North Whitehall for Sustainable Development, a citizens group opposed to a proposed Wal-Mart shopping center, has filed an appeal of a conditional use approval that township supervisors granted the retailer ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Glock 10 MM

Wayne, PA

#1 Sep 19, 2008
Well , I guess the BOS of NW should fill out the applications at Walmart because when this is said and done it is the ONLY place there are going to be able to work. Ha Ah the old saying still goes""" I told you so""".Walmart with there fancy pants lawyers were trying to RAM this thru and got caught with there fancy pants down and the BOS in front of them with theres down also. HA Ha we have not even made it to the Planning commision were this thing can be STOPPED COLD in its tracks when there are LEGAL ordinances placed on the store for there hours of operation up to and including when and how many deliveries it can except. Ask the Weis Store they will tell you how it works. Jay King found out REALLY quick how it works. Oh yes for you narrow minds I am NOT a Weis employee or a NW resident. I just cannot stand things like this being SHOVED down peoples throats when they are mislead by lawyers. I have brother-in law who is one and I dislike him just as MUCH.
Glock 10 MM

Wayne, PA

#2 Sep 19, 2008
The BOS at MW should go home today and start to practice saying ""Welcome to Walmart and have a nice day"" in spanish thou. Maybe you might understand it because you dont understand ENGLISH.
Sign of the Times

Easton, PA

#3 Sep 19, 2008
File a lawsuit when you don't get your way. I really hope all of these activists in the Township have deep pockets. Do they really think that NWT will, by itself, defend this in court? Walmart will send a legion of lawyers to defend this. Then, these smarty pants activists will see what really happens and will not have a chance to speak in court. Only the experts speak when questioned by the Attorneys. Then, when the courts sift through this, the Township's approval will be upheld, or at worst, the Courts will send it back to the Township for further consideration. But I do know one thing, when the Township wins this and Walmart too, they will come looking for their legal fees from the group and the people that make up the group as individuals. Also, Walmart will be looking for damages too. I really hope these activists have a plan to financially survive in this tought economic period when the Township and Walmart counter sue!
TRIPLE K

United States

#4 Sep 19, 2008
WD and TT a new thread!!!! till the end of today what 200 comments???
Walmart rules!!!Well they are not up yet at 0730 hours!! BRING IT ON!!!! cheap prices rule!!! Weiss's get your crap together, I was there last Friday and the seafood dept was CLOSED at 7 PM already. that sux. and i told the partimer that Weiss in Kutztown stays open till 9, you know what he said, any complaints go up front, I just work here!! what an @$$. even Stupid Fresh seafood stays open til 9..I did complain and the last thing I said "cant wait till Walmart opens, bet someone will be there at 9 pm to serve you" I got a dirty look imagine that!!!
TRIPLE K

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2008
WD Tiger TOM NEW WALMART THREAD WAKE UP WHERE ARE YOU???

Since: Oct 07

Schnecksville PA

#6 Sep 19, 2008
Glock 10 MM wrote:
Well , I guess the BOS of NW should fill out the applications at Walmart because when this is said and done it is the ONLY place there are going to be able to work. Ha Ah the old saying still goes""" I told you so""".Walmart with there fancy pants lawyers were trying to RAM this thru and got caught with there fancy pants down and the BOS in front of them with theres down also. HA Ha we have not even made it to the Planning commision were this thing can be STOPPED COLD in its tracks when there are LEGAL ordinances placed on the store for there hours of operation up to and including when and how many deliveries it can except. Ask the Weis Store they will tell you how it works. Jay King found out REALLY quick how it works. Oh yes for you narrow minds I am NOT a Weis employee or a NW resident. I just cannot stand things like this being SHOVED down peoples throats when they are mislead by lawyers. I have brother-in law who is one and I dislike him just as MUCH.
Except they have not pushed it through this store was slated to open this Fall, the BOS has given this very small group of people (50 Residents out 14000+ as of the last Census more like 16000+ now) their speaking time and forced back all Wal-Marts plans. NWSD wanted to discuss the process out off order.

Did the township limit the discussions? Yes, becuse it was not the time or place for NWSD's concerns to be addressed per industry standards.

As long as Wal-mart Follows the State/Federal Regulations there is nothing the BOS or NWSD/Weis can do about it. They own the Land already, they have the Money to back it and any Legal issues, and if faults are found they will spend the money to fix it. Period there is no stopping it all the NWSD/Weis is doing is wasting their money and the Townships money, which is the rest of our Residents Taxes
Terminator

Allentown, PA

#7 Sep 19, 2008
Whine Whine what flavor cheese would you like with that whine.
You people moved in with your big homes and destroyed the land scape.
The area was farm land no one whined when you whiners move in so suck it up. In did not heaer any of you whiners compain when Weis opened a store up there or liberty bell beverage.
TRIPLE K

United States

#8 Sep 19, 2008
Terminator wrote:
Whine Whine what flavor cheese would you like with that whine.
You people moved in with your big homes and destroyed the land scape.
The area was farm land no one whined when you whiners move in so **** it up. In did not heaer any of you whiners compain when Weis opened a store up there or liberty bell beverage.
Or all those PIZZA joints!!! God they need a KFC up there, everywhere you look, Pizza this and Pizza that, they all taste the freakin same!!! Roma supplies them all!!! WE NEED CHANGE
yeah

Allentown, PA

#9 Sep 19, 2008
I personally never shop at Walmart or Sams or any other 'Walmart' owned/ operated store. I support locally owned and operated stores for most of my goods and what I can't find there I can order on-line from other small buisnesses that are struggling. If you support local buisness in mass; prices do come down. You have the power.........it's in your walet!
TRIPLE K

United States

#10 Sep 19, 2008
yeah wrote:
I personally never shop at Walmart or Sams or any other 'Walmart' owned/ operated store. I support locally owned and operated stores for most of my goods and what I can't find there I can order on-line from other small buisnesses that are struggling. If you support local buisness in mass; prices do come down. You have the power.........it's in your walet!
my wallet is empty most of the time cause of gas, so how about yours , you must be upper class with a bottomless credit card EH??? My LCD tv was bought at Walmart 625 bucks SAME exact tv at Best buy 725 bucks do the math!!! local tv store in SALTINGTON, not even close to either
Yes I Am a Schmarty Pants

Schnecksville, PA

#11 Sep 19, 2008
Sign of the Times wrote:
File a lawsuit when you don't get your way. I really hope all of these activists in the Township have deep pockets. Do they really think that NWT will, by itself, defend this in court? Walmart will send a legion of lawyers to defend this. Then, these smarty pants activists will see what really happens and will not have a chance to speak in court. Only the experts speak when questioned by the Attorneys. Then, when the courts sift through this, the Township's approval will be upheld, or at worst, the Courts will send it back to the Township for further consideration. But I do know one thing, when the Township wins this and Walmart too, they will come looking for their legal fees from the group and the people that make up the group as individuals. Also, Walmart will be looking for damages too. I really hope these activists have a plan to financially survive in this tought economic period when the Township and Walmart counter sue!
We do. We will. Not afraid. MallWart can't collect damages anyway. You don't much about the legal system, do you?

That MallWart will not be built without more trouble. Stahley can kiss his seat on the BOS and his job goodbye. Stoudt too. There will be change in this township. AT LONG LAST the reign of terror of the old boys (Stahley, Simock, Johnson, and the others and their minions) will be OVER.

The stupid thing is if the BOS had selected a few boutique restaurants, some upscale shopping, and a theater, they'd have been heroes. What MallWart shows is just exactly how out of touch they are with the twonship that grew up around them. And, I've been here my entire life so don't start with the newcomer/auslander crap!

Schnecksville PA

#12 Sep 19, 2008
Yes I Am a Schmarty Pants wrote:
<quoted text>
We do. We will. Not afraid. MallWart can't collect damages anyway. You don't much about the legal system, do you?
That MallWart will not be built without more trouble. Stahley can kiss his seat on the BOS and his job goodbye. Stoudt too. There will be change in this township. AT LONG LAST the reign of terror of the old boys (Stahley, Simock, Johnson, and the others and their minions) will be OVER.
The stupid thing is if the BOS had selected a few boutique restaurants, some upscale shopping, and a theater, they'd have been heroes. What MallWart shows is just exactly how out of touch they are with the twonship that grew up around them. And, I've been here my entire life so don't start with the newcomer/auslander crap!
You are an idiot if you think the BOS choose Wal-mart to go in there.

Did you know when Giant wanted to build in Schnecksville and King's blocked them from building on the land they wanted (King's owned a important strip seperating it from 873/309 and refused ROW or to sell) the BOS showed them the area walmart now owns and offered to get them in contact with the owners. Giant refused. If the BOS was in Wal-marts pockets all along as you Conspiracy Theorists think they would not have done that.

This BOS is doing the only thing they or anyone else can do, make sure its done to spec.
HARLEY

Henderson, NV

#13 Sep 19, 2008
I guess I do not understand what the problem is with people not wanting a Wal-Mart Store. That is the best store to shop at. The same thing happend here when they tried to build. The grocery stores here tried to block it and so did the neighbors but eventually they lost and we got our Wal-Mart plus a few more. That is the only store I will shop at and I save 1/2 of my grocery bill by shopping there. What about all the jobs it will create in the area. All I read about is people complaining about not finding jobs in the Lehigh Valley. Look at the hundreds of jobs it will create.
Spoke

Nazareth, PA

#14 Sep 19, 2008
HARLEY wrote:
I guess I do not understand what the problem is with people not wanting a Wal-Mart Store.
I shop at Wal-Mart and I don't want the store in my backyard. I'd rather drive through someone else's neighborhood instead of people driving through my neighborhood. I'd rather read about the armed robberies and retail theft in someone else's neighborhood instead of mine.

Someone mentioned 50 people out of 16000 are against this. Unfortunately this is Terry Stoudt math. Terry forgets about the 800+ signatures on a petition given to him opposing the Wal-Mart.
walking distance

Allentown, PA

#15 Sep 19, 2008
So the WEIS employees POSING as
NW Township residents persist.

Appeal to WHOM ?

They were told already by a State Rep and a State Senator that NW Township business was not there concern.

Can't blame the WEIS lawyers they need to eat too and if THEY weren't on WEIS payroll fighting the WALMART Schnecksville grocery store, another bunch of lawyers would take the money.

Appeal how ?
You go and say I was here selling groceries FIRST so it's MY territory?

I live 2 miles from WEIS yet I drive the 7 miles to Walmart Trexler to buy my groceries.

Just got back from
Walmart / Hometown, Pa. It's beautiful.

Appeal to WHOM, how? TO DO what ?
Deny a taxpayer the right to free commerce?

What kind of idiotic thinking is this?

Desparate move.
walking distance

Allentown, PA

#16 Sep 19, 2008
Spoke wrote:
<quoted text>
I shop at Wal-Mart and I don't want the store in my backyard. I'd rather drive through someone else's neighborhood instead of people driving through my neighborhood. I'd rather read about the armed robberies and retail theft in someone else's neighborhood instead of mine.
Someone mentioned 50 people out of 16000 are against this. Unfortunately this is Terry Stoudt math. Terry forgets about the 800+ signatures on a petition given to him opposing the Wal-Mart.
Petitions are worth less than your toilet paper.

NOBODY chose to put ANYTHING on that parcel BUT Walmart.

They bought the land and filed applications legally proper.

I think the BOS would PREFER a golf course with naked dancin' Ladies in the clubhouse but alas, you snooze you lose.

Nobodys gonna handcuff you and hold a gun to your head and drag you to Walmart Schnecksville to shop.

You don't like it , stay away , the lines are long enough without you.

Go to WEIS and watch them demolish the store to make way for a Sam's Club.
walking distance

Allentown, PA

#17 Sep 19, 2008
HARLEY wrote:
I guess I do not understand what the problem is with people not wanting a Wal-Mart Store. That is the best store to shop at. The same thing happend here when they tried to build. The grocery stores here tried to block it and so did the neighbors but eventually they lost and we got our Wal-Mart plus a few more. That is the only store I will shop at and I save 1/2 of my grocery bill by shopping there. What about all the jobs it will create in the area. All I read about is people complaining about not finding jobs in the Lehigh Valley. Look at the hundreds of jobs it will create.
This is an interesting post.
Thank You for sharing , Harley.

You don't underdtand the
' opposition ' to this Walmart , READ the posts here then search for more
Schnecksville, Pa posts and read up.

Nice meeting you.
----------
I'm reading Tiger Toms posts.
Here's a guy who knows what the score is.

Schnecksville PA

#18 Sep 19, 2008
Spoke wrote:
<quoted text>
A petition of 800 people that did not include addresses or printed names meaning it is inadmissable in any legal hearings because there is no way to verify the authenticity, which I question because because someone I trust told who viewed this petition said it had my and my wifes names on it and we never signed any such document.
walking distance

Allentown, PA

#19 Sep 19, 2008
Sign of the Times wrote:
The resident "group" consists of the
Schnecksville 5-0 who are employed by Weis markets (ticker WMK on the NYSE) to 'pose' as a concerned citizens group.

"sign of the times"tell me.
Exactly WHO will Walamrt strick out against? WEIS and or each "individual" ?
tax payers paying

United States

#20 Sep 19, 2008
this group and its appeal will cause the township to spend tens of thousands of dollars of tax payer money to defend itself of its decision, the group is causing economic harm to the township that will result in a tax increase eventually

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schnecksville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
strong arm robbery in slatington behind turkey ... (Aug '15) Mon Regina local artist 2
Opening art gallery Mon Regina local artist 1
News Woman couldn't avoid hitting former Parkland co... (Jun '08) May 31 My sister 130
News Macungie martial arts instructor charged with i... (Sep '11) May '16 Law guy 5
News Report: KidsPeace teens had sex (Feb '09) May '16 Goodmom01 60
News Is it Leather Corners, or Leather Corner Post? (Jan '06) Apr '16 Denno329 12
News Hiking trails (Jun '13) Mar '16 double aught buck... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schnecksville Mortgages