Soldier from Schiller Park dies in Iraq

Full story: Chicago Tribune

U.S. Army Infantry Pvt. Randol S. "Randy" Shelton was planning to go to a Bears game and be the guest of honor at several family parties next week after his arrival from Iraq on Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Tom Gaffney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

R.I.P Randy
usmc mom

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

God bless your Son and Family.
Malik Brown

Dolton, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

I feel horrible for your loss. Believe that his death was in the plans of the creator. I fully support the young men and women who have sacrificed so much. I can't say I agree with our president but I do believe in the soldiers. Please remain strong and god bless you and you family.

From one soldier to another.
Dya

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

How sad.......... Randy we love you. Will always miss you!
Patti L Chicago Ill

South Holland, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

Randy is a true American Hero..God Bless you & Your Family.
I am so sorry this had & has to happen to such fine young men and women serving and protecting OUR U.S.of A.
Such a sad sad day when we all heard the shocking news.
R.I.P. Randy.
Be safe on your Journey home to the Heavens.
Thank You RANDY for doing your job & helping to make a difference in this world.
Your Spirit will live on in all of the hearts that you have touched.
You Will Be Missed more than words can say.
**==
Luis

Sycamore, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2007

I went to high school with Randy. He lived just a few houses down from me. RIP
Colleen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 9, 2007

RIP buddie...we love and miss u down here!!
Nancy St Gerts CCD Staff

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

Our prayers are with Randy's family.....'No greater love...'
We are forever greatfull!!
Anna

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

RIP Randy
Jennifer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

I went to High School with him and he was a great and very brave person...he will always be remembered as our hero! RIP Randy
zulma

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

i went to high school with Randy and he was a great guy. made me laugh in class and i will never forget him!!!!!! i hope to see you again one day buddie. you will always be remembered on this earth as a hero!!!!!! i will never forget the funny moments in class!!!!! RIP Randy we love you and miss you!!!!!!!
Crusty

Woodstock, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

tristan ruark

Satellite Provider

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

Randy its really really hard to believe that you and SGT Murray and Lane are gone. You are a true hero and such a strong man. We love you so much you are the legend of Charlie Company. I'm so sorry that this happend. Know that we did everything we could. We love you and miss you. Rest in peace brother. My heart goes out to your family and we are praying for them and wish we could be there with them to tell them in person what a brave hero you are to us, and how much we love you and we are going to miss you. Your family raised an outstanding young man and you will never be forgotten.

“Man of the Streets”

Since: Sep 07

Schiller Park, Illinois

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

God bless you Tristan and all the soldiers protecting us and our freedom.
mike plank

Athens, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 11, 2007

this hero and my brother were friends im also friends with his little sister and this message is dedicated to him and his family and every family that this war has effected.

please dont let the happenings of 9-11-01 slip your mind

dont forget the men and women who serve our country

dont forget the men and women who have fallen for our country

dont forget the families of fallen and serving soldiers and what they have to go through on a daily basis

without them our lives would never be the same

without their sacrifices our country would fall

please say a prayer for the serving, the fallen, the heros, the families, and the loved ones who this war has effected

we love and miss you all

repost if this war has effected you or a loved one
- m. plank
Allison

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

I happened to be out in Schiller Park this afternoon (9/13/07) and was stopped at Irving Park Rd & River Road to allow the funeral procession to pass. Very moving.

My deepest sympathies to the family of this brave soul.
No one

Quenemo, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 13, 2007

David lane was my beloved uncle
Janice

Addison, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 14, 2007

My heart goes out to you and your family, may god bless you all. My heart breaks every time I hear such sad news. My son is also in the service and two of his good friends, I worry all the time, but it hits home every time a young life is lost.
Your son is a true hero. May he rest in peace and you find some comfort with how many that care.
I just wish I can help take your pain away.
I am truley sorry for you loss.
My tears are many, I am so sorry...
Jorge Moraton

Elmwood Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 15, 2007

Yo Randy u were like a brother to me and u know it playa. im takin to u if ur still here cuz u r bro u will alwayz be wit me gangsta. i still cant belive ur loud ass will b gone haha. u know what im takin about,yeah. Its ur Best Friend JORGE MORATON AKA FROGGER U KNOW WHAT IM TAKIN ABOUT. R.I.P 2 MY BOY RANDY it hurt 2 write that rip that hurts dam bro. LOVE U BRO SAY WHAT U TO 2PAC & BIGGIE & YUK.

Since: Sep 07

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 18, 2007

tristan ruark wrote:
Randy its really really hard to believe that you and SGT Murray and Lane are gone. You are a true hero and such a strong man. We love you so much you are the legend of Charlie Company. I'm so sorry that this happend. Know that we did everything we could. We love you and miss you. Rest in peace brother. My heart goes out to your family and we are praying for them and wish we could be there with them to tell them in person what a brave hero you are to us, and how much we love you and we are going to miss you. Your family raised an outstanding young man and you will never be forgotten.
were you serving with Randy too??? did you get to see him before it all happened???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of23
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Schiller Park Discussions

Search the Schiller Park Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min loose cannon 167,633
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 16 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,139
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min DonPanic 43,017
VOTE NO to the proposed tax. 1 hr whowantstoknow 16
Run Zurek out of town (Apr '13) 1 hr whowantstoknow 6
Zurek still costing taxpayers big $$$ (May '13) 1 hr whowantstoknow 27
who is Ken Zurrik (Mar '12) 1 hr whowantstoknow 249
•••
•••
•••
Schiller Park Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Schiller Park Jobs