$1.5 million jewelry robbery may have...

$1.5 million jewelry robbery may have been work of Colombian ga...

There are 7 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 12, 2008, titled $1.5 million jewelry robbery may have been work of Colombian ga.... In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

A brazen daylight robbery of $1.5 million in jewelry may have been committed by a vicious Colombian gang that travels the country committing similar crimes, Schiller Park police said Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Darkfox

Wayne, IL

#2 Sep 13, 2008
This is why we need to secure our borders. It seems like we welcome all foreign criminals into our backyard. We already have enough thugs running around in our city, we don't need more thugs from other countries!
TOM SLICK

Chicago, IL

#3 Sep 13, 2008
See bangers of chicago. The mob is professional. Person injured, NOT KILLED. Please clean up your act. Times are hard on everyone, so the least you could do is let them live.
Darkfox

Wayne, IL

#4 Sep 13, 2008
TOM SLICK wrote:
See bangers of chicago. The mob is professional. Person injured, NOT KILLED. Please clean up your act. Times are hard on everyone, so the least you could do is let them live.
Ah, Hello? They have cut the man's vein and artery! I may not be a doctor, but that is one way to slowly kill someone! There is no excuse whatsoever! And yes, they are Professional killers!
argh

Bolingbrook, IL

#5 Sep 13, 2008
i'll bet they [the gang] all live in barrington.
rusty nail

United States

#6 Sep 13, 2008
Militarization of the southern border is the only answer to stop these types of thugs including the illegals from coming into our country but it won't happen because our spineless politicians would rather not upset our southern neighbor instead of protecting its citizens, PATHETIC!
gilmore

United States

#8 Sep 13, 2008
I'll bet that it was because of our broken immigration laws that these gang-bangers had to conduct this robbery and assualt. Chances are these guys are resting in a LaRaza safe house or seeking sancuary in a Catholic church right now.

Better yet they should go to San Fran and get the city to pay for a plane ride home. Pretty sweet...free travel home and 1.5 million to spend in Columbia. What a country!
Jeweler

United States

#10 Sep 16, 2008
These gangs use bad ID to fly in and out of the country and prey on jewelry salesmen. They are not " across the border" immegrants, come to pick produce.

The FBI has a squad set up just to stop this type of theft... and yes, these are organized criminal gangs more like the Mafia, than the Latin Kings

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schiller Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 2 min Teaman 1,581,174
Trump Is the greatest president of All time!! 2 hr Captain Dunghorse 1
News 2 dead, 6 others wounded during city shootings (Aug '16) 2 hr Truth1 3
Trump Just Sux 2 hr Stevie Wonder 129
News Chicago won't see eclipse spectacle of Carbonda... 2 hr Real Faxt 1
News Midwest travel: Chicago Children's Museum gets ... 2 hr Real Faxt 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Lincoln Square 2 hr Meso 4

Schiller Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance