Schiller Park soldier, 22, killed by ...

Schiller Park soldier, 22, killed by explosion in Iraq

There are 8 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Sep 8, 2007, titled Schiller Park soldier, 22, killed by explosion in Iraq. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Army Pvt. Randol S. 'Randy' Shelton was planning to go to a Bears game and be the guest of honor at several family parties after arriving home this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

TNJ

Elk Grove Village, IL

#1 Sep 8, 2007
Randy Sounded Like A Great Person.
zulma

Naperville, IL

#2 Sep 10, 2007
TNJ wrote:
Randy Sounded Like A Great Person.
i was a good friend of his. he was funny clumsy and a great looking guy. we are going to miss him termendously and he will NEVER be forgotten in my heart. WE LOVE YOU RANDY!!!!!!!!!
Jamie

Oak Park, IL

#4 Sep 13, 2007
rip Randy and may god be with your family to help heal there harts.
Chris Anderson

United States

#5 Sep 13, 2007
To Randol and his family. Peace to you. My son is serving with Randol and considered him a friend. Two others were killed along with Randol, David Lane and Sgt Joel Murry. Two others survied who were in the Humvee with Randol. PFC Joseph Mixson and PFC Crookston. Both are alive and in San Antonio at BAMC.
Sean Harth

Chicago, IL

#6 Sep 24, 2007
I Knew Randy for as long as i can remember. i looked up to him and all of his freinds. we all will miss him so much. May his family and friends be stong and never forget the good that he did.

R.I.P. Randy Shelton
"Life Goes ON"

Since: Sep 07

Schiler Park

#9 Sep 26, 2007
this is to Droog...........First Of all i didn't say the war was a good idea or i supported it. but we got to support our troops. and he was a good friend of mine for a long time. So shut up and go worry about something else
Janice

La Grange Park, IL

#10 Sep 28, 2007
This is to Droog....Your an idiot.
He didn't ask to be there just like all the others. He was just following orders.
The Gearys

United States

#11 Oct 13, 2007
Randy was the soldier my family adopted at the adoptaussoldier.org website. Although we never got a chance to meet him, he always took the time to write to my kids, and seemed like a really nice young man. Our condolences to his family and closer friends. RIP Randy. You will be missed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schiller Park Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Barack Obama, our next President (Nov '08) 4 min USAsince1680 1,564,078
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min huntcoyotes 242,239
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 11,013
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 hr Belleforche 52,055
Maxwell street ghosts 13 hr Anonymous 3
I'm Johnny towing 13 hr Anonymous 1
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... 13 hr Anonymous 67

Schiller Park Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Schiller Park Mortgages