Scheller's history
Sebastian

Argentina

#1 Feb 9, 2007
I'm looking for my descent, and I found this town named Scheller like my surname. So, I would like to know a little more about it, town fundation date, fundators...
Do you know where I can find that information ?..
Maybe somebody can told me something, thank you!

I will appreciate your help!!

“HE's watching YOU!”

Since: Jan 07

Out in the woods in S. Ill

#2 Feb 10, 2007
Scheller is in Jefferson Co Illinois and was named for one of the first families that settled there. The history can be found in a book thats was made up from newsletters that the local historical society made during the 70's . The book is called "The Praire Historian. Scheller is a German name, the Scheller family and many residents of the area immigrated from Germany. Give me a couple days and i will try to get you more info.
Sebastian

Argentina

#3 Feb 19, 2007
Thank you very much for your help!..
I knew the German source of the name, are you sure the year of society was in '70 ?...
I know the migration from Germany of Scheller family was in 1914-1920... so, may be thats another Scheller's family!..

Thank you again for your information...!!!
Kelley Joe

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#4 Feb 22, 2007
The historical society was active in the 70's The Scheller Family probably came over late 1800's to early 1900's Give me some more time and I'll see what I can dig up for you. There are a lot of Shellers living in Giessen area of the State of Hessen in Germany. I do believe that there were a lot of Germans in the Bellville/ St Louis area that came from Giessen area. There was a lot of Germans that came over around 1848, because of the Revolution in Germany at the time. Bismark cracked down on the Catholics also prior to the turn of the century, also causing a wave of german immigrants.
kylie s

Long Beach, MS

#5 Jun 24, 2007
I dont know much about my family and its history, but i found out theres a town called scheller. if you have any info, i'd really appriciate your help!!!
schellerite

Wayne City, IL

#6 Feb 7, 2010
kylie s wrote:
I dont know much about my family and its history, but i found out theres a town called scheller. if you have any info, i'd really appriciate your help!!!
http://jefferson.ilgenweb.net/prairiehistoria... check this out
Mikeal_Scheller

Buckhannon, WV

#7 Nov 25, 2015
schellerite wrote:
Unfortunately the link is not active however i do believe the family this town is named after maybe related to me in some way my uncle just recently digitized an audio tape of my great grandparents telling their life story and i got to digging and would love to know more Feel free to contact me on facebook with more information
Tiffany

Hoyleton, IL

#9 Dec 2, 2015
Mikeal_Scheller wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately the link is not active however i do believe the family this town is named after maybe related to me in some way my uncle just recently digitized an audio tape of my great grandparents telling their life story and i got to digging and would love to know more Feel free to contact me on facebook with more information
I do know that there is a headstone for John scheller under the tree, on the hill at the corner of Bonnie rd and scheller lane. I used to be fascinated with it when I was a kid.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scheller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason Confer (Aug '16) 6 hr Erica 24
8-0 Red Devils at 8-0 Fairfield Fri Indian 2
Who believes former mayor Ned Mitchell is scum ... Thu Use right name 5
Matthew Ragland Oct 17 just a guy 3
Jessica Farthing Oct 15 anonymous 4
nick terry Oct 14 Sharing truth 11
News Marion man files suit against sheriff, employee... (Dec '07) Oct 12 DWalkerPotatoStalker 64

Scheller Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scheller Mortgages