Flea

Carbondale, IL

#1 Feb 21, 2013
What does it take for sesser school district to cancell school? This is unbelievable !!!
Mice

Carmi, IL

#2 Feb 21, 2013
It's unbelievable that SVS isn't falling for the sensationalism and panic that The Weather Channel is trying to create by naming every winter "storm" now? Sure it was shitty weather, no doubt. But I'd hardly say it was worthy of shutting down everything.
After all, the DG still had milk, bread and dog food. So obviously the general masses felt the same way: it was way too blown up.
wsj

Galatia, IL

#3 Feb 21, 2013
Mice, I pretty much agree with you. I think people usually always overreact.
really

Murphysboro, IL

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Anytime you have ice on the roads and half of your kids either are rural and/or ride the bus it is dangerous. If you are off the main roads fine but get off them and onto side or rural roads they are BAD. Safety first is what we teach our children right? Then follow through with that and dismiss school.
Wow

United States

#5 Feb 22, 2013
Mice and wsj,I agree as well! The roads weren't that bad during school hours! People were being way too dramatic yesterday.
CandleMan

Galatia, IL

#6 Feb 22, 2013
And today, it can hardly be called ice. I was disappointed when I learned they did cancel school today. And call it what you want, but I personally wouldn't call this "BAD", I'd say it's slush!. It could be a lot worse, anyway.
Classic Rock

Norris City, IL

#7 Feb 22, 2013
I read one of the teacher's post on facebook and they said they couldn't account for all the small children having someone to care for them if they let out early. But parents were free to pick up their kids if they were afraid of the storm. So I'm not sure what the problem was?
iknow

Murphysboro, IL

#8 Feb 22, 2013
I'd say a lot of the parents don't want to loose their bar time if the kids are out of school. Sesser bars are always busy day or night. Oh wait a minute a lot of you take them with you so they learn early on things the don't need to hear or see. Passes down from generation to generation the bar life and welfare. If people don't see it they are in denial. Il answer this bfore it is asked. I don't go to bars period. But I hear and I see very well. I'm no better than anyone else but I do know bars are no place for children and parents need to spend more quality and quantity time with their children.
Mice

Carmi, IL

#9 Feb 22, 2013
Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
Wolf

Norris City, IL

#10 Feb 22, 2013
Mice wrote:
Three intransitive verbs walk into a bar. They sit. They drink. They leave.
Lol. How many topix readers do you think know what an intransitive verb is? Know your audience.

“HE's watching YOU!”

Since: Jan 07

Out in the woods in S. Ill

#12 Feb 22, 2013
Hell I don't know what it is either. Nothing about that mentioned in all 4 of my college English classes. (OK I took the same class 4 times, but still) But unless you are an English Lit major, it won't help a bit taking those fries out of the fryer.
Mice

Carmi, IL

#13 Feb 22, 2013
Fine. Here is one more relate-able.

Two guys are sitting at a bar. One guy says, "I slept with my wife before we were married, did you?". The other guy says, "I don't know; what was her maiden name?".
Candleman

Sesser, IL

#14 Feb 23, 2013
Good thing is didn't snow much as Marion is too lazy to do much work anyway. He's about the lazy oust worker the city has ever had and Ned protects him for who knows why, maybe he has somthing on Ned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scheller Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hannah Zyk Sun Countrygirlgospar... 1
mike goessman Jul 22 seen it 2
News Illinois UFO sighting resembled Star Wars ship,... (Aug '14) Jul 17 forcryingoutloud 2
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul 10 The Graduate 70
PhD dies in car Jul 7 Coalminer 1
Chris Russell Jul 5 BCX 8
Pill dealers Jun 30 sick of it 2

Scheller Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Scheller Mortgages