Problem Solver helps woman get full refund from spa

Full story: Chicago Tribune

By the time Pam Parer made it home from the spa one August evening, she already had second thoughts about the contract she had just signed.
Comments
81 - 100 of 396 Comments Last updated Jan 23, 2014
First degree Upper LIp

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2008

Ripped off in CA wrote:
<quoted text>
you, my dear, are a LIFESAVER!
Please help me get my money back from this people.

Lack of my English they treated me like a dumb all the time in there. Thank you
megan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2008

does anyone know if GE money really did sever their relationship with pure med spa? The attorney general's office and GE money are who helped me get my money back from pure med spa, and supposedly GE was severing their relationship with pure med spa so i'd be curious to find out if they really did.
Lois

Sausalito, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2008

Judged:

does anyone know how to actually get a refund from this crooked organization? I spent $513.00 for laser hair removal but never went in for the treatment. The reason was because I had been told that I had to delay treatment until I had stopped using an antibiotic ointment which my doctor had prescribed for a stubborn rash.(photosensitivity issue.) I postponed treatment because the rash wouldn't go away, and the Corte Madera, CA, Pure Med Spa manager told me that the nurse was "mistaken," and there was no reason to delay because of antibiotic. I said I had a form from them upon which the recept., under nurse's advisement, had written, "stop cream 1 week before treatment!!!" And it turned out I was taking 3 other photosensitive drugs, too. I wrote long email and attached the form to the Regional Manager. She supposedly passed it on to Corporate; I heard back from her saying it was still under review, and now she has vanished. I'd appreciate any advice.
RUNWAYMODEL5

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

Judged:

MY COMPLAINT
I've paid $3,050 worth of treatments; Velashape and Chemical peels. I paid with gift cards 10/10/08. My scheduled day of Velashape treatment was on 11/13/08. I received a phone call/voicemail on 11/12/08 (day before my apt.) from a representative at another location that the location I was attending is permantly closed.
Why didn't they notify me of this a month ago, that they were closing stores, BEFORE I PAID THEM? I had a feeling something seem fishy when the Manager was no longer working there, and my estethestian transferred to a different location. Also they stated they didn't give receipts. I demanded a receipt!
I was told to the representative that because the office was permantly closed, I needed to transfer to another spa location. I learned that the closed all the spas close to me (Sacramento was my original). They closed the Sacramento, Roseville and San Francisco areas.
They woman then told me to transfer to the Walnut Creek area. Why? So I can waste gas, travel and hour EVERY 2WEEKS for treatments and so that can later close this spa as well?
I've called they're so-called corporate offices : area code six seven eight, nine five four,five three zero zero and I faxed them copies of my receipts. I'm looking for my refund... Or they'll be looking for a SERIOUS lawsuit and we ALL will join and close down ALL their locations!
IF WE CLOSE ALL THE LOCATIONS, EVERYONE WILL HAVE THEIR REFUNDS THEY DESERVE!
You reap what you sow! Karma is a b****! I'm a woman of God. God's child! So I know (believe) their whole demons mansion/whole corp. business will soon come to an end. All the spas will be closed. Then they'll be broke as a joke! Amen!
RUNWAYMODEL5

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2008

(I apologize for my hard to read blog, I was typing from my phone and was very restless last night)

MY COMPLAINT
I've paid $3,050 worth of treatments; Velashape and Chemical peels. I paid with gift cards 10/10/08. My scheduled day of Velashape treatment was on 11/13/08. I received a phone call/voicemail on 11/12/08 (day before my apt.) from a representative at another location that the location I was attending is permantly closed.

Why didn't they notify me of this a month ago, that they were closing stores... BEFORE I PAID THEM? I had a feeling something seemed fishy when the Manager was no longer working there, and my estethestian transferred to a different location. Also they stated they didn't give receipts. I demanded a receipt! I need a receipt for my records. Im not some rich person who just has thousands to throw out and not care of their proof of purchases.

I was told by the representative that because the office was permantly closed, I needed to transfer to another spa location. I learned that the closed all the spas close to me (Sacramento was my original). They closed the Sacramento, Roseville and San Francisco areas.

The woman then told me to transfer to the Walnut Creek area. Why? So I can waste gas, travel unwillingly for an hour EVERY 2 WEEKS for treatments and then later discover this spa is closing to?

I've called their so-called corporate offices (six seven eight) nine five four-five three zero zero and I faxed them copies of my receipts. I'm looking for my refund. Or they'll be looking for a serious lawsuit and we ALL will join and close down ALL their locations!
SANDY BORCHART

Saginaw, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 23, 2008

Beryl wrote:
If asnyone has had the kind of problems Megan and I have had with the scamms at PURE MED SPA, then please contact Kathleen Baker, PA Director, WA State Attorney General's office. Give them our Names - Megan in Everett and Beryl in Everett --- two separate people who dnt even know each other...
iS THIS SPA PART OF DERMA MED SPA OF MI. AND CAL.?
Sam Kinder

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2008

Judged:

Talk about fradulent and unethical -that would be Pure Med Spa. The store here in WA at the Kitsap Mall continued to take money from people and take on new clients when they KNEW they were closing their doors. How does a company that has a corporate office, staff, etc. allow one of their stores to rip people off right up til the 'Closed for good' sign goes up?? I gave these people $900.00 dollars up front for services I had not yet recieved. The following week -right before my appointment- I received a phone call from their Corporate office cancelling my appointment. They wer telling me the store had closed that very minute and that I could receive services at an alternate location. Unfortunately, the other location was a 100 miles away. I called back to Corporate office and got nothing but the run around for three days. Finally on day four I contacted Lori Karas who is Pure Med spa's company Bullshitter, assured me that my money would be refunded and to give it a couple of weeks.. saying things like 'okay, I just put your refund in our computer data base and give it a couple of weeks'. Three weeks went by and still no refund. I called back to speak to Lori and got yet another B.S. story about how they need to have the files sent over from the 'closed' store so she could review my account to make sure that I was telling the truth!! Huh?? what happened to 'wait a couple of weeks and you'll have your refund?" I never received ANY services for the 900.00 dollars that I paid and now I can't get my money back. These horror stories you hear about Pure Med Spa are true! These people are complete con-artists! Anyway, I've made clear to Lori Karas that I will in fact be turning all this over to my Attorney and I am in fact starting a law suit. Businesses like this should simply NOT exist!
pure med spa problem

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 28, 2008

Judged:

CONTACT PAM ZEKMAN
http://cbs2chicago.com/investigations/cosmeti...

http://spavelous.com/spa-professional/2008/09...

Below is what I wrote in response to Pam Zekman, Journalist:

I just read your Pure Med Spa article. Thank you. I purchased a package for multiple services, including mesotherapy. I would be astounded if there is any truth at all to Pure Med Spas claims of happy patients. I have only spoken to numerous patients like myself who experienced the horrific after -effects of mesotherapy, cancelled or overbooked appointments by spa personnel and unbelievably poor customer service after receiving payment. According to Pure Managers I spoke to, they are trained and coached mainly to sell a lofty quota and then the bar is raised when they meet their goals. In other words, it seems the only thing important to Pure Med Spa executives is "sell sell sell". Has anyone checked the executives salaries? I visited 8 spas while traveling, trying to find a spa that could provide the services I paid for, to no avail. I was surprised how much information the representatives at the service level were willing to share with me, and the concerns expressed regarding the distraction of the 24/7 sales pitch.
pure med spa problem

San Marcos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 29, 2008

WKK ---- of Oregon wrote:
I suggest you contact your Attorney General's Office, BBB, as the Pesident of this company has his managers well indocrinated through his regional managers...This may take a couople years to gather the evidence necessary for a class action lawsuit but hang in there....meanwhile
write a total summary with dates and everything as there's a tendency to forget if you don't do it now...facts, names, dates, times, witneses, etc.
WKK --- go to the new blog (put up yesterday) at www.puremedspafeedback.blogspot.com as it is collecting Pure Med Spa complaints ---- once we get 50 or more, we are going to start a class action suit. There are several hungry attorney's standing by to take this on ----
<quoted text>
The blog is down, so I can't add my name, but please contact me at
filmwest@gmail.com

Thanks
Someone who cares

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 1, 2008

Jonathan,

If you did more research you would know that all 3 of these companies are one in the same! I work on the inside and I know. I am sick of people being ripped off and lied to by these scammers. Why else in God's name would a company who claims they are not Lumity or Nuvo hire the old CEO as the Director of Sales and Marketing for the Northwest region?? This guy was sued for Fraud...taking over 11 million from investors and using it for himself and two others! It is the company's MO to file bankruptcy and start over again. FYI there are a few ppl who care about the lies they are telling customers and employees... Expect Pure Medspa to be changing their name again here in the future... After all Pure Medspa has what they call a "Hangover" associated with the name. My advice to everyone is to STOP buying from them or any other spa who takes over that space!
Sandi

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2008

Judged:

Can you give me the fax # to the corporate office. I was also informed that I would need to drive to Walnut Creek after they closed the Sacramento location and am having problems getting Lori to call me back.
SGN

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

How do I contact Problem solvers ?
I signed up with Pure Med Spa at the Great Mall Milpitas in California 2 years back. Ever since they have cancelled a lot of my appointments just one hour before the appt time when I had already shaved and applied the numbing cream. The appointment that they give after that would not be by my choice of time because of which I either had to take a half day off or leave my important meetings to get the treatment done. They also promised to give me free numbing cream when I signed up for the treatment and when I would go there 40 minutes earlier the assistant there would refuse it and because of which I had to buy.. but later they stoped selling it and I wanted to cancel the treatment since I couldnt bear with the pain which they did not offer. BUT after 3 months of not taking the treatment I was in a shock to see my skin with lot more hair that I ever had before the treatment. It probably could have been because of constant shaving and not following by treatment due to cancellation by them. I complained about this to the Manager on site and they convinced me to sign up for more treatments saying that my hormones are to be blamed and they showed me articles from webmd.com to proove that shaving does not increase the hair growth. But the ridiculous part was that when i signed up the same manager told me that the treatment is only effective if I do it withhing 4-6 weeks especially for face and due to their constant cancellation i would not get treamtment for almost 9-12 weeks. When I questioned them about this they would beat around the bush saying its ok the hair thats killed is gone anyways so there is no need to worry. So they keep moulding their rules as per their convinience. The manager also once told me that their policies and research results keep changing so they used to promoting 4-8 weeks treatment and that now they dont be adamant about it anymore. I am not if this cpompany is credible anymore since they keep wavering what they say. Now they have closed their location that I have been going to past 2 years even without informing me. I have an appontment next week and I just called today to confirm and i get a msg of phone number does not exists. So I go to the store to find it CLOSED. This is so frustrating that I actually want my whole money back !!$3800. Its been a thorough displeasure dealing with them and not to mention the ineffectiveness of their treatment. Do you think problem solver can get my money back ?
Carey Ball

Bremerton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2008

If you can provide any assistance to me in regards to trying to get a refund from Pure Med Spa I would greatly appreciate it...my name is Carey Ball and my email address is Careyball@hotmail.com- Thank You
Short Term Employee wrote:
I am interested in helping provide information. I worked for the company only a few months before resigning due to unethical situations for employees and clients.
The corp. headquarters is now in Alpharetta, Georgia. William Korner is CEO. Jeff Nourse is no long with the company. There is plenty more but I need to know if there is a formal legal organization I may correspond with.
Sandi

Davis, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2008

has anyone considered contacting the news stations for help?
LCorrea

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

The Northern California Pure Med Spa's have closed and have not told anyone. Folks that had appointments showed up on the scheduled day to closed doors with a notice in the windowo to call 1-866-753-7873.

We called and were given two choices. Continue treatmentat another location. Which is currently the bay area, 2 hours from Sacramento or get a refund we've opted to travel. They've given us a few locations to call and make appts. We have yet to contact a live person from these medspa's or get a return call. Again we called the 866 number to ask for a refund on services not rendered. It's been since October 15 2008 that we have not been able to close this matter with Medspa.

Here is the phone numbers to Medspa and Associates
Lori Cares 1-866-753-7873. option 4, Which goes on to say "If your waiting for a check call ext 1016 Molly Hackerson in the Accounting dept, to get a status on your check."

Which we've left message after message to no avail.

We've emailed inquires@puremedspa.com

Any Clue what we should do next??
oreo_ll@sbcglobal.net
LCorrea

Rocklin, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

Sandi wrote:
Can you give me the fax # to the corporate office. I was also informed that I would need to drive to Walnut Creek after they closed the Sacramento location and am having problems getting Lori to call me back.
Were in the same situation as yourself. We're here in Sacramento and my husband and I have had troubled getting in touch with these folks. We were going to do the Walnut Creek office but were having issues getting even them to schedule us an appointment, My next recourse is calling Care Credit and Emailing the Attorney General here in CA. Keep in touch and let me know if you get a hold of Lori Cares which number are you using to call her?
oreo_ll@sbcglobal.net
Marianela _Campos

Brisbane, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2008

I got a treatment from Pure Med Spa at S 3251 20th Ave, San Francisco, CA Stonestown Mall in April 2008 for lipodisolve. I boght 7 treatments. I paid up front $3915. I still have several treatments left for my adominal and love handles.But the Spa closed last month. They told me that the Spa can not refund me my money back even though they closed down. They referred me to other Spas; I went to the one at Corta Madera, California. I went there, and they wanted to do a Vela Shape, and I told them that I paid for the lipodisolve. They said that they would train a nurse do this. I am still waiting for them to call back. I am really disappointed about this. I have invested a lot money in this treatment What should I do? My e-mail address is marianelacam@msn.com
Sandi

Sacramento, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 18, 2008

I send daily emails to the below addresses and cannot get anyone to respond. Lori deletes the emails without reading them. I aslo tried to file a dispute thru Care Credit but they won't help me since I paid off my account. Hopefully there is power in numbers and we can work together to get results.(sandiscott@sbcglobal. net)

Lori.Karras@puremedspa.com, Bill.Korner@puremedspa.com; Chris.Bakkemo@puremedspa.com; Tyra.Lowman@puremedspa.com
leslie

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 23, 2008

I am doing an investigative news piece about bad botox experiences/practices. Would like to talk to you about yours. leslieamarcus@yahoo.com
Short Term Employee wrote:
I am interested in helping provide information. I worked for the company only a few months before resigning due to unethical situations for employees and clients.
The corp. headquarters is now in Alpharetta, Georgia. William Korner is CEO. Jeff Nourse is no long with the company. There is plenty more but I need to know if there is a formal legal organization I may correspond with.
RUNWAYMODEL5

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2009

Sorry for the duplicate post. Im using my sidekick phone and NOT a computer. The website didn't notify me that my messgaes were posted, so I continued to keep posting (duplicates). I kept recieving highlighted in red messages to edit post. How can I edit/delete post with no account?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schaumburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr newpoly 49,427
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 4 hr newpoly 1,901
AP Exclusive: Union members appointed after $10... (Mar '08) Tue Open investigation 7,559
Review: Paleteria Rosy (Apr '13) Aug 25 Terry Sheahan 4
Debate: Marijuana - Schaumburg, IL (Aug '10) Aug 24 naf 23
Red-light cameras: Carol Stream police officer ... (Jul '09) Aug 22 Redlex busted 179
U-46 minority parent leadership program under f... Aug 21 Fitz 3
•••
•••

Schaumburg Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Schaumburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Schaumburg News, Events & Info