Problem Solver helps woman get full refund from spa

By the time Pam Parer made it home from the spa one August evening, she already had second thoughts about the contract she had just signed. Full Story
megan

Harrisonburg, VA

#73 May 9, 2008
Robin Porter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that the Washington state AG? Even if you purchased your package in California?
If you purchased in California, file a complaint with the California Attorney General's office. And also, if you are trying to get ahold of Theresa Geibel still, you should email her.
Nootbaar Plumbing

Silverado, CA

#74 May 14, 2008
We were contracted to do plumbing work at their Temecula, CA location in 2006. We went out to their location on three different occassions. We have not been paid yet. Dozens of phone calls have been made to what is supposed to be the main office in Santa Clara.....all we have gotten is the run around. First they couldn't find copies of the invoices (four times), then they would have to call us back (that is if we were able to get past their voice mail system. They did not return calls. Finally, we were told the invoices had already been paid....never received their payment. Requests for cancelled checks have fallen on deaf ears. Now, we are back to talking to the voice mail system. I think two years is plenty of time to get paid.
Brandy

United States

#75 May 19, 2008
I used to manage a Washington location. Pure Med Spa could be a great place. Emphasis on the word could. I personally received many effective treatments there, but we were fortunate to have a wonderful, educated, caring staff at that time. Since then the turnover has been complete. The pressure to sell is enormous. My store consistently fell short of its numbers goals. It seems the stupider and more shady you are, the further you go in that company. Management is not allowed to give refunds. Any refunds had to go directly through upper management and corporate, and good luck getting in touch with them. As a manager I was told several things. NO refunds. Period. Then it was any refunds have to be approved by corporate. Then again with NO refunds. I was told I should take care of it at the store level. Then when a refund is given, it comes right off your monthly totals. You don't hit your goal, you don't get a bonus. Worse, your job was constantly on the line. It is common practice for someone to come in and clean house, firing half the staff and leaving a store short handed. It is common for days or even weeks of appointments to be called to cancel due to being short staffed, or equipment malfunction. The maintenence on the machines is pushed out as far as possible, to the point of machines breaking down or being ineffective.

To be fair, I have to admit printed in bold on the contract, that there are no refunds on treatments or treatments paid for in advance. Still, I personally would go over the contract and answer any questions with clients or prospective clients. I know for a fact that this wasn't the case in other stores. We were often told to do "whatever it takes," to get the sale. Pretty shady, right? Our staff tried to make our location different, especially in terms of our customer service. But if you arent hitting goal, firings will continue until morale improves! It is really sad, because it could be a wonderful place.
There are exciting and effective treatments available for many skin conditions and beauty concerns. It is too bad that Pure only cares about the customer until they have their money in the till.
Teena

Renton, WA

#76 May 20, 2008
I've had both good and bad experiences with the South Center Pure Med Spa. When I first went there for Botox, it was great. By the third treatment, I was either not being given the injection correctly, or it was diluted too much. They also talked me into Restylane (sp?) injections to fill the hollow under my eyes - instead it gave me bags under my eyes. I'm glad it only lasted six months, but still.

Now I've read that some of the Washington State Pure Meds have filed bankruptcy. I'm due to have an IPL treatment on Friday (the two treatments I've had have done little). Since I read that today, I called to see if I could move up my appointment. They say they are closed tomorrow and the next day for training. I'm worried that when I go for my last IPL, they will just be packed up and gone.

Does anyone know which ones filed bankruptcy, and was it a Chapter 11 or are they just going out of business? BTW, I'm glad I paid cash and didn't go for their "let's see if we can get you financed" scam!
Monica in Portland Oregon

Traverse City, MI

#77 May 21, 2008
Can anyone update me on the action suit against PureMed? I would be interested in joining. I am currently in the process of hiring an attorney for my case against them.
I'm sick to my stomach reading through these same scams that I have been battling with the company. I went to the Washington Square Mall PureMed location and was talked into having 8 mesotherapy treatments performed. The saleswoman had me sign and intial my paperwork before even receiving a test spot to see if I was allergic to what they would inject me with. The only copies of documentation they sent home with me was what I was approved for through Care Credit. They also don't have any price sheets listed or can give you that information because everything is a "special deal".
Once they had me signed up for the treatment they couldn't get me in for months and when I would show up I would wait a good 30 minutes.
I only received one treatment from a "doctor" whom injected my legs incorrectly (into the muscle) and now I have permanent bruises, nodules, swelling and pain to this day. I received one treatment and was told from Jill the Store Manager that I needed to have Botox done or another service because she can't approve a refund. But Colette the mesotherapy therapist told me I would get a full refund and she would write a letter. Colette was genuinely concerned about the condition of my legs and I had to go back several times for her to monitor and check if they were healing.
After months of going round and round with Jill she finally got "approval" from corporate to refund all my money and it would all be taken care of the following week (January). The next week came and went and nothing happened. I have sent certified letters asking for my paperwork and medical records of what they injected me with for my doctor to review and they continue to ignore all requests.
I called Care Credit and they knew nothing about the dispute. I filled out paperwork with them and took photos of my legs and they are three months into the dispute with PureMed.
I can no longer get a hold of anyone at PureMed and CareCredit says my file is in their disputes department and nobody can give me answers.
This has been a hard lesson to learn. These people are crooked and need to be stopped! It's not that I am not happy with a service. My body is now permanently damaged. I tried to work this out with them but am forced now to take legal action.
Please e-mail me if you have information on lawsuit.
pinklady9403@yahoo.com
megan

Harrisonburg, VA

#78 May 21, 2008
Teena wrote:
I've had both good and bad experiences with the South Center Pure Med Spa. When I first went there for Botox, it was great. By the third treatment, I was either not being given the injection correctly, or it was diluted too much. They also talked me into Restylane (sp?) injections to fill the hollow under my eyes - instead it gave me bags under my eyes. I'm glad it only lasted six months, but still.
Now I've read that some of the Washington State Pure Meds have filed bankruptcy. I'm due to have an IPL treatment on Friday (the two treatments I've had have done little). Since I read that today, I called to see if I could move up my appointment. They say they are closed tomorrow and the next day for training. I'm worried that when I go for my last IPL, they will just be packed up and gone.
Does anyone know which ones filed bankruptcy, and was it a Chapter 11 or are they just going out of business? BTW, I'm glad I paid cash and didn't go for their "let's see if we can get you financed" scam!
Yea, if i were you i'd be worried about the whole "closed for training" thing because the Tukwila location is one of the 4 locations from Western Washington that is in bankruptcy right now. I'm guessing you saw the komo 4 problem solvers story?
Kindra

Bakersfield, CA

#79 May 27, 2008
Unfortunately I purchased an extended bikini package with this company. Long story shortened - the first location I went to was shut down without notice. Then I went to the Beverly Center where the receptionist was disgusted that I could "wrinkle" my forehead with a "surprised" expression and insisted that I needed botox because "that is just disgusting". The customer service on the phone with this clinic was also appalling so I decided to switch to the Sherman Oaks clinic.

I live 2 hours north in Bakersfield, so I have to have weekend appointments. My first appointment was great, I spoke with the manager and she proclaimed she was trying very hard to give her location a very professional image since she understood so many other locations were giving the company a bad reputation. When it came time for my next appointment I was called a few days prior and asked if I could reschedule for the following saturday instead. Okay, fine I switched my weekend plans around a bit. The next friday I was called and told that they were cancelling all appointments for that date (April 12, 2008) due to their nurse being in a car accident. Okay, I completely understand!

What I don't understand is why now, over a month later I still have not been rescheduled, I've called numerous times and asked to speak to a manager, and have tried to contact corporate to no avail.

The receptionist is friendly and helpful on the phone, but I'm under the impression she is just talk on the phone, a professional situation diffuser and nothing gets done. I then called all the surrounding clinics to see if I could get into one of them. What I've been told is that all the clinics are booked, they have a shortage of nurses, are trying to get nurses trained and that I will be called because I'm on the cancellation list, when they can finally begin booking appointments again.

I'm sorry, this is totally unacceptable customer service. Now that my town has a local laser hair removal center I have paid another $750 to have my final 3 treatments finished there, at least I know they have wonderful customer service and I've had many other areas already zapped by them.

Don't use Pure Med Spa unless your life depends on it.
Jonathan

Seattle, WA

#80 Jun 23, 2008
Have anyone of you actually done research yourself? If you look at the SEC filings for the Pure Medspa, You'll notice that they don't exist... That is becuase it is not under the name Pure Medspa, it is a Canadian company name. They are not in bankruptcy, they have actually turned a profit for the last 3 quarters, the previous owners of the company were bankrupt. I know this becuase I work for the law firm that is suing Komo for defamation of character.

As far as the Brandy from above... I would use caution when speaking with any of the former managers, as many of them have been fired due to the clients you have seen on the news report. These managers were ringing up clients for thousands of dollars EVEN WHEN THE CLIENTS WERE NOT PURCHASING TREATMENTS. Yes it could have been a better medspa, and now without the old managers, they ARE better.
Jack Ligman

Van Nuys, CA

#81 Aug 5, 2008
Who exactly is their holding company? I know they are partnered with Genuity Capital Management, but as far as I can tell they do not have a public holding company. If not "Pure Med Spa," what is their Canadian incorporated name?
Jonathan wrote:
Have anyone of you actually done research yourself? If you look at the SEC filings for the Pure Medspa, You'll notice that they don't exist... That is becuase it is not under the name Pure Medspa, it is a Canadian company name. They are not in bankruptcy, they have actually turned a profit for the last 3 quarters, the previous owners of the company were bankrupt. I know this becuase I work for the law firm that is suing Komo for defamation of character.
As far as the Brandy from above... I would use caution when speaking with any of the former managers, as many of them have been fired due to the clients you have seen on the news report. These managers were ringing up clients for thousands of dollars EVEN WHEN THE CLIENTS WERE NOT PURCHASING TREATMENTS. Yes it could have been a better medspa, and now without the old managers, they ARE better.
Ripped off in CA

United States

#82 Aug 19, 2008
Carol wrote:
Pur Med Spa Head Office
87 Avenue Road, Suite 273
Hazelton Lanes
Toronto, Ontario
Canada M5R 1B8
PRESIDENT: PAT GIBBONS
you, my dear, are a LIFESAVER!
Ripped off in CA

United States

#83 Aug 19, 2008
Heather wrote:
Pure Med released a comment that Pat Gibbons is no longer with Pure. Does anyone know who took his place? You still hear his personal message when you phone the company but his email bounces back stating he is no longer with Pure
<quoted text>
William C (Bill) Korner, Jeff Nourse was the Pres but he got kicked down to VP. I don't have extensions for them, but you might try sending a certified mail letter?
Ripped off in CA

United States

#84 Aug 19, 2008
I was rooting around on the web and found this on Manta:
Pure Laser Hair Removal & Treatment Clinic (Canada) Inc (Pure Med Spa)

116 Spadina Ave, Toronto, ON, Canada

Phone: same as what Carole Posted in the four sixteen area code

Also Does Business As:Pure Med Spa

SIC:Physical Fitness Facilities

Line of Business:Physical Fitness Facilities

And William Korner is still the Pres, Jeff Nourse is the Vice Chairman of the Board.
Debbie

San Diego, CA

#85 Aug 27, 2008
pure med spa is a complete fraud! i had to fight for months to get my money back, and ended up getting it from the credit card company, not the spa. they can fight with the spa. but in the mean time, they lowered my credit rating by taking me to collections while i was disputing the amount i owed. i did not receive my services due to the fact that Pure never had the correct personnel in the spa to provide the services i paid for. This was the San Diego spa. Don't ever go to Pure Med Spa. And don't ever apply for GE Care Credit! They have a bunch of two bit losers working there who don't understand you when you call to explain your dispute.
Short Term Employee

Moreno Valley, CA

#86 Sep 8, 2008
I am interested in helping provide information. I worked for the company only a few months before resigning due to unethical situations for employees and clients.

The corp. headquarters is now in Alpharetta, Georgia. William Korner is CEO. Jeff Nourse is no long with the company. There is plenty more but I need to know if there is a formal legal organization I may correspond with.
Karen

Chilliwack, Canada

#87 Sep 18, 2008
Does anyone know how to get a phone number to the Pure Med Spa head office in Washington? Or anywhere for that matter.....
Karen

Chilliwack, Canada

#88 Sep 20, 2008
Do you know how I can get a phone number to their head office. No one seems to give it out.
Ellen

San Diego, CA

#89 Oct 1, 2008
Has anyone sued them successfully in the States (CA specifically)? I'm looking to take direct actions to get my money back and would love some advice/stories regarding the legal route. Small Claims seems ideal to me for something of this size...
DeeDer Bell

Kihei, HI

#90 Oct 2, 2008
Hello Seattle,WA
Unfortunately i'm going through the exact same thing with Pure Med Spa. It started at the Soutbay Galleria Pure Med Spa. I also, spoke with Jody Evans and she sound very promising that something would happen. But i continue to leave her messages and she is no longer responding. I also spoke with Glenn Dellimore, District Manager of Southbay Galleria in Redondo Bch, Ca and he alsop is very evasive. Let's contact each other to se what can be done. They took $1000.00 dollars of my money and told me i was eligible for treatment. After months of rescheduling my treatments, because they did not have the VelaShape in. In June when the Vela Shape arrived a their doctor had me come in for another evaluation and told me that my skin keloids so i not a candidate for this treatment. Long story short. Pure Med Spa is the biggest Scammers around. HELP! Please contact me dbellp@yahoo.com. HELP!
Pure Med Spa Problem wrote:
YEs Pure Med Spa is a Problem. In my case my daughter was promised treatments when she returned to the Southcenter Pure Med Spa when she signed up in Feburary 07 and was told she could use it anytime. When returning from the Kuwait after serving in the United States Airfore, she tried to contact the Southcenter Office to have a Spa treatment in October 07 in September 07 when she knew she would be in the Seattle area. They had no record, and the manager would not return her calls. I contacted the BBB and Pure Med did not respond. I contacted the Toronto head office and they will not refund her money since she signed a contract. It is fraud on Pure Med Spa for not delivering but charging her creditcard last Feb 07. Pure Med Spa is a company that does not back up there product or admit when they are wrong. I wish I knew who the CEO and President, Board of Directors was so I could contact them. It is a unservice to the Miltary by taking they hard earn money and not giving service or refund. Jody Evans of Pure Med in Toronto was the last person I e-mail. I will continue on till I get a refund. Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
DeeDer Bell

Kihei, HI

#91 Oct 2, 2008
i'm so disguised with Pure Med Spa we must flood the message box of Jody Evans at Pure Med Spa home Office. I have a number. Let's contact each other and get our refunds back. This is a straight Rip-Off. Contact me dbellp@yahoo.com and spread the phone number.
Karen wrote:
Does anyone know how to get a phone number to the Pure Med Spa head office in Washington? Or anywhere for that matter.....
First degree Upper LIp

Sunnyvale, CA

#92 Oct 9, 2008
I am living in California. I purchased 2 times their hair laser removal package.Facial and Bikini. I am a fool person went there. They supposed to give me the higher amount so it will kill the hair roots. But I saw the Nurse wrote 15 on the chart and she told me 25? This place has nothing to with medical profession. You can't never change the medical record on the paper and never give a false information to patient. Also they burn my lip line as well. HOW CAN I GET ALL MY MONEY? PLEASE GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION.
animator_3dx@hotmail.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schaumburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kitchen renovation adds space, improves traffic... (Apr '14) 18 hr trevordd12 7
March 2 police reports 22 hr Citizen 2
Anybody remember noel deleon? he was a gang-mem... (Jan '09) Tue lucky 5
New Technology Brings Concrete Repair to a New ... Jan '15 Jamestheduke21 3
Review: Catalano Concrete (Jun '11) Jan '15 Go Blue Forever 12
Seeking long term ANR/ABF Jan '15 Majorgoldstein 1
Martial arts for you or your children? Dec '14 gbschaumburg 1
Schaumburg Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web