Colleagues, family pay tribute to Pigott in Islip

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Oct 7, 2008, titled Colleagues, family pay tribute to Pigott in Islip. In it, Newsday reports that:

The rows of police officers stretched 300 yards along Main Street in Islip yesterday, and five officers deep.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

NIGHTHAWK

Uniondale, NY

#1 Oct 7, 2008
Two men are dead in a senseless act that happened in minutes. In Lt. Pigotts case, did the NYPD offer counseling to the officer when the death occured, or did they cover their a$$es by reprimanding him? My condolences to the Morales family, they did the right thing calling the police; but no sooner than their loved one was given a burial did the media and political activists make this case into bloodthirsty frenzy. Lt. Pigott made a heartfelt apology for his actions. I guess that doesn't count anymore in todays society.
PADT DELEGATE

Sunnyside, NY

#2 Oct 8, 2008
NIGHTHAWK wrote:
Two men are dead in a senseless act that happened in minutes. In Lt. Pigotts case, did the NYPD offer counseling to the officer when the death occured, or did they cover their **** es by reprimanding him? My condolences to the Morales family, they did the right thing calling the police; but no sooner than their loved one was given a burial did the media and political activists make this case into bloodthirsty frenzy. Lt. Pigott made a heartfelt apology for his actions. I guess that doesn't count anymore in todays society.
well said and thank you for seeing this for waht it really is.
Left Behind

New Rochelle, NY

#3 Oct 11, 2008
Bravo for your post!!! It is unfortunate that the media and others have put the department under such pressure, that their first inclination is to cover themselves.
I too want to know if he was offered counseling, or did they think totally humiliating him after 21 years of outstanding service would have no affect on him?
From what I understand, more police officers die by their own hand than by anything else. Ya think maybe this needs to be addressed??? And when they had him hand in his gun....what's the policy?...they obviously didn't take all his guns.
Ray Kelly should take a long hard look at this and hopefully will learn something that might save another officers life. My very deepest condolences to his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 hr Gas Woman 121,711
J&B Discount Tire Fraud (Jan '09) Apr 30 Teamplaya7 43
Review: 3d Super Nails Inc Apr 29 alexx174 1
News Suffolk considers bus cams for illegal passing Apr 29 Tra 3
News Residents loudly complain about noise ordinance - (Sep '07) Apr 28 Anonymous 158
News Loitering bill in trouble (Mar '07) Apr 27 Rated X 5
News Amanda Malloy remembered as 'Renaissance woman' (Nov '08) Apr 26 Bruce Isselbaecher 35
More from around the web

Sayville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]