DWI charged in fatal 1-car accident

Full story: Newsday 229
A Sayville man was killed in a one-car accident in Hauppauge early yesterday, and the driver was charged with driving while intoxicated, Suffolk County police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
mom Susan from Sayville

Milford, CT

#1 Feb 18, 2007
Please pray for our children in Sayville and for the grieving parents, families and friends of the young men tragically lost in the past year.
concerned

Teaneck, NJ

#2 Feb 18, 2007
Here we go again....
friend

Milford, CT

#3 Feb 18, 2007
its not fair.
3 friends, same group

why?
long island

AOL

#4 Feb 18, 2007
Oh my goodness...this is just terrible. I am so sorry for the families.
Sayville is being hit har

White Plains, NY

#6 Feb 19, 2007
Rest in peace Leib...we will all miss you There has been way to many deaths in sayville in the past to years something has to be done
sayville friend

White Plains, NY

#7 Feb 19, 2007
this is getting out of hand
Drinkin Dude

Paterson, NJ

#8 Feb 19, 2007
Could it have been ice and not alcohol that caused the accident?

No tests have been done yet.
anon

Melbourne Beach, FL

#9 Feb 19, 2007
Drinkin Dude wrote:
your an idiot if you think that. Dwi still stands for driving while intoxicated NOT driving while icy
PeteF

AOL

#10 Feb 19, 2007
This case reminds me of the boating accident where they had 'evidence' of drinking.

What is the rush to making an arrest when you don't have all the facts?

Was this kid drunk or wasn't he? Did booze actually contribute to the accident? Was it the weather? One can be stone drunk an get hit in the rear waiting for a red light to change and you will get the blame.

If the kid did something wrong then prosecute.

Wouldn't want to miss an opportunity to get some free press. Or shoot first and ask questions later kind of thing.
Sayville MOM

New York, NY

#11 Feb 19, 2007
Three from the same group of friends? All three named Chris? I was surprised to hear that the last one was an automobile accident. RIP you three boys.
Jen Port Jeff Station

Sag Harbor, NY

#12 Feb 19, 2007
This is getting out of hand already. These kids need to learn that they cannot drink & drive. Their right to drive should be taken away from them, but we don't want to hurt anyone's feelings, come on already, people are dying and something has to be done. If people are not going to learn that drinking & driving kills (the innocent people, never the drunk one), then they should not be able to drive any longer. Someone needs to be an example and it needs to happen ASAP. I feel horrible for those families who lost their loved ones.
Jen Port Jeff Station

Sag Harbor, NY

#13 Feb 19, 2007
Drinkin Dude wrote:
Are you serious with that question?
another sayville teen

West Haven, CT

#15 Feb 19, 2007
sayville teen wrote:
not surprised...these kids in highschool were the type who smoked weed 24/7, drank all day...it is a real loss no one deserves to die at such a young age but not that they deserved it but who is dumb enough to drink and drive and speed...kids in this grade think they are invincible and they can do anything...hopefully that group of friends will learn and change their ways....rest in peace and stay strong sayville
no kid ever deserves to die at this age and in this manor...it doesnt matter what they did in highschool..they are still so young and their friends now have it even tougher having lost 3 friends in about a year and a half span..
Peter

Land O Lakes, FL

#16 Feb 19, 2007
Seems to be a reoccuring story on LI !!!
Could of been my brother

Weehawken, NJ

#17 Feb 19, 2007
I thought that after I read the article I would have read comments that went out to the families, not negative thoughts. How can you sit and write about the things we can not change? Sayville has lost another Chris that will be missed and never forgotten. Brittany and Jefry will have to relive this night for the rest of their lives. Isn't the death of one of your childhood friends punishment enough? My thoughts and prays are with all three families.
Sayville Senior

Riverdale, NJ

#18 Feb 19, 2007
People are never going to learn!!! How many lives are going to be lost before everyone stops to think before they make horrible choices?! My heart goes out to Chris' family.
Best Friend -stitch

Milford, CT

#19 Feb 19, 2007
Lost 3 of my close friends growing up with R.I.P boys we will love you forever, my heart goes out to the Leibs. never foregotten.
Sayville Alumni

Binghamton, NY

#20 Feb 19, 2007
Chang shouldn't be able to drive for 10 years. I've known all three of these people for at least decade. They were all mean (I'm putting it nicely.) And partiers. I saw the list of names, I wasn't surprised. Leib is the victim, Micello might be, but they chose to get in the car with a driver who was drinking. It's tragic, no one doubts that, but the grander tragedy is that kids are going to do this again and again, and it seems like Sayville is the breeding ground.
In memory of Chris

Oneonta, NY

#21 Feb 19, 2007
Just wanted to post how much Leib aka Seabiscuit will be missed. Ive known chris since i was 7 when we played youth football together. We played football and basketball together throughout high school. Chris was a great athlete and an even better person. He was a kid living his life to the fullest and its so sad that it had to end. I will never forget chris and the awesome times we had together on and off the athletic fields
KirkHere

Bronx, NY

#22 Feb 19, 2007
When people continue to do the same act over and over again expecting different results that is the definition of INSANITY.

This society is accepting INSANITY! Where are our government officials, our police and ESPECIALLY OUR DISTRICT ATTORNEY.

WE MUST STOP THIS MADNESS! Every day we are reading how others are killing others becuase the insist on DRINKING AND DRIVING.

IT HAS TO STOP! Time for long term mandatory sentences for first offense DWI. DWI should be a FELONY! DWI KILLS!

FIRST OFFENSE THE SENTENCE SHOULD BE 1 YEAR IN STATE PRISON.

Not 5 days. Not 1 month. Not 6 months.

1 YEAR ALONG WITH THE OTHER PREDATORY VIOLENT OFFENDERS.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Slime Bags (May '12) 28 min Busted 13
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr Ratloder 119,284
monday night slashing on atlantic ave north bel... 9 hr Where are the Pol... 1
Race War Wed White Kid 1
How cold is it Nov 23 ExLIer 4
Islip Tax Hike Nov 20 EJP 1
Adopting older kids: heavenly (Dec '06) Nov 19 edlacinski 4

Sayville News Video

Sayville Dating
Find my Match