Why do smart people do and say stupid things?

Posted in the Sayville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of84
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
concerned citizen

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2010

Judged:

I find everyday somebody has something stupid to say followed by a stupid action . yesterday case in point Yesterday I was in a elavatoer and I passed gas simple act of nature beyond my control this woman three hundred pounds if she was a pound say i quote I never" Never farted please I apologized but that didnt matter she got rabbid I feared she would bite !To make matters worse we ende up on the same floor at the same office she explaine to the receptionist how sick i was .Well long story short she left first i got the scoop from the receptionist she is a sweat heart she explain this womans history she is a teacher!she always say stupid things and even says stupid things so my question is for any body is Why do smart people say and do stupid things?????

Since: Oct 09

Hart County, KY.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2010

Judged:

Ignore idiots like her! She farts too- but like many women, she probably doesn't make any noise when she does it, and thus, innoccent bystanders have no warning, and walk right into it! At least you made noise, so she could be warned and hold her nose.
If someone can't crack a smile or a laugh when you cut the cheese, then I wouldn't be concerned with their opinion at all.
I hope she gets someone like me in her class! I used to sit on those hard plastic chairs (which amplify the sound) and really blast them out, when I was a kid!
She'll get hers! Meanwhile, don't let it bother you, and continue to entertain strangers and put smiles on their faces by farting loudly and proudly whenever and where ever you can!
concerned citizen

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Judged:

Original T Jefferson wrote:
Ignore idiots like her! She farts too- but like many women, she probably doesn't make any noise when she does it, and thus, innoccent bystanders have no warning, and walk right into it! At least you made noise, so she could be warned and hold her nose.
If someone can't crack a smile or a laugh when you cut the cheese, then I wouldn't be concerned with their opinion at all.
I hope she gets someone like me in her class! I used to sit on those hard plastic chairs (which amplify the sound) and really blast them out, when I was a kid!
She'll get hers! Meanwhile, don't let it bother you, and continue to entertain strangers and put smiles on their faces by farting loudly and proudly whenever and where ever you can!
Thank you Mr Original that was insightful and funny it made my night .but it only scratched the surface of this topic .Jefferson please post again if you spot someone with a degree of intelligence wether it be a elected official or some average joe with a batherlors degree. i want this forum to try to understand if possible Why supposedly Smart people say and do incedidible stupid Things .So if you seen something or heard something please share with use anybody Thanks for the the post bro !
Venegence is my

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Judged:

My brother-in-law was in a mental institution for going nuts when he took my 357 mag and went down to the near-by 7/11 and had the Pakinstians doing the moon dance. He left and was arrested shortly and when I came home from florida i found my 357 gone and so was my brother-law.

Now what would a smart person do with a stupid a-hole brother?
Mr Stissi

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Venegence is my wrote:
My brother-in-law was in a mental institution for going nuts when he took my 357 mag and went down to the near-by 7/11 and had the Pakinstians doing the moon dance. He left and was arrested shortly and when I came home from florida i found my 357 gone and so was my brother-law.
Now what would a smart person do with a stupid a-hole brother?
I dont think this guy seems to be very smart ! but my advice to you is let the police handle it . Looks like your brother might have to go to prison for awhile if you know what I mean !People dont take the law into there own hands Bernard getts did it and if I recall he went to prison so good luck with that dude.

Hart County, KY.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you Mr Original that was insightful and funny it made my night .but it only scratched the surface of this topic .Jefferson please post again if you spot someone with a degree of intelligence wether it be a elected official or some average joe with a batherlors degree. i want this forum to try to understand if possible Why supposedly Smart people say and do incedidible stupid Things .So if you seen something or heard something please share with use anybody Thanks for the the post bro !
You're very welcome!

You know? Maybe the trouble is: The people whom you think are smart, aren't so smart. A lot of people tend to put on an image of intelligence- but, as we can see by their actions and choices, are in fact, not so smart. Usually the smarter someone tries to appear, the more intellectually-handicapped they truly are. It seems that among many of the people I have known, it is the ones who posess the credentials and vocabulary of the learned, who are in fact least capable of actually thinking, and who in fact are actually mirroring what they perceive to be the accepted definitions of the erudite.

We live in a world full of people who have credentials "proving" that they are smart; a world full of experts and authorities; a world where virtually everyone is educated and literate- and yet look around: Most people's lives are dysfunctional and miserable, and the Western world is crumbling.

Truly, all these people are not so smart, as we can see by their fruits- buit rather, they were told what they must do to appear smart and be accepted as competent, and they were not smart enough to see through what they were told, so they went along with it, and think that they have attained knowledge, when in fact, they aren't even capable of managing their own finances or relationships; or fixing the devices which they use on a daily basis; or knowing when they are being lied to by a politician.

You want to see smart? Read the journal kept by Jesse James (who had a fourth-grade education) or of some of the Founding Fathers (most of whom had little or no formal education). But don't look to the Ph.D's and MBA's of this day, who try and act the part, but who are doomed to mediocrity.

Hart County, KY.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Judged:

Mr Stissi wrote:
<People dont take the law into there own hands Bernard getts did it and if I recall he went to prison so good luck with that dude.
Defending one's self on the street against random crime is NOT "taking the law into one's own hands"- it is the basic human right of self preservation and self-protection.
Mr Stissi

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

<quoted text>
Defending one's self on the street against random crime is NOT "taking the law into one's own hands"- it is the basic human right of self preservation and self-protection.
May Berard was a bad example I agree we as Americans have a right to defend ourselves and bernard did get a bum rap those african american kids were looking for a casket bernard got prison not for murder as i recall only for having a gun with out a licence And stupid politian say stupid things all the time to take our rights !
Bobby Whitney

Patchogue, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>
=

How right u are. I had a uncle Bernie who was a Ivy League Graduate and my dad wasnt, and in the fifty's my dad was making 3000 thousand a week my uncle 200 hundred!

My uncle Bernie had to get a job though my father and my pop didn't finish elementary school..As far a my-brother-law is concern, he never said he was sorry or tried or replace the 357 mag. Do u think my brother-in-law is a suppository and a scum depository?
concerned citizen

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

<quoted text>
You're very welcome!
You know? Maybe the trouble is: The people whom you think are smart, aren't so smart. A lot of people tend to put on an image of intelligence- but, as we can see by their actions and choices, are in fact, not so smart. Usually the smarter someone tries to appear, the more intellectually-handicapped they truly are. It seems that among many of the people I have known, it is the ones who posess the credentials and vocabulary of the learned, who are in fact least capable of actually thinking, and who in fact are actually mirroring what they perceive to be the accepted definitions of the erudite.
We live in a world full of people who have credentials "proving" that they are smart; a world full of experts and authorities; a world where virtually everyone is educated and literate- and yet look around: Most people's lives are dysfunctional and miserable, and the Western world is crumbling.
Truly, all these people are not so smart, as we can see by their fruits- buit rather, they were told what they must do to appear smart and be accepted as competent, and they were not smart enough to see through what they were told, so they went along with it, and think that they have attained knowledge, when in fact, they aren't even capable of managing their own finances or relationships; or fixing the devices which they use on a daily basis; or knowing when they are being lied to by a politician.
You want to see smart? Read the journal kept by Jesse James (who had a fourth-grade education) or of some of the Founding Fathers (most of whom had little or no formal education). But don't look to the Ph.D's and MBA's of this day, who try and act the part, but who are doomed to mediocrity.
Thank you once again you have put the world more in focus i will follow up on jess james as a kid I admired him there was no BS in him he was real in all the books I read as I rememember thats why I was a avid fan of all his non Fiction books.I will continue to use this forum to address morons polititians all the idiots out there who contue to say moronic and do the dummbestest things possible to make the rest of us suffer maybe a few can make a diffrence .Untill next time.

Hart County, KY.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Judged:

concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you once again you have put the world more in focus i will follow up on jess james as a kid I admired him there was no BS in him he was real in all the books I read as I rememember thats why I was a avid fan of all his non Fiction books.I will continue to use this forum to address morons polititians all the idiots out there who contue to say moronic and do the dummbestest things possible to make the rest of us suffer maybe a few can make a diffrence .Untill next time.
Well, you are living proof that there are some worthwhile and intelligent people on this forum!

If I may expanf upon your post, touching the subject of Jesse James: We are taught in school that he weas a "bank robber"- but in actually, he robbed banks for a political cause; to fight the attrocities that the North was commiting in the the Civil War.

You (and anyone else who may be interested) may find this series of audio messages (by a Christian pastor) on the subject very enlightening and enjoyable:

Part 1:
http://www.sermonaudio.com/playpopup.asp...

Pt. 2:

Pt. 3:

Some great history here, without the political-correctness and revisionism.

Hart County, KY.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Judged:

Sorry for the typos above- it is late, and I just came in from a 3.6 mile walk.

Just a PS to say: If nothing else, listen to part 3 of the above!(then you'll want to listen to the rest)
concerned citizen

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

Sorry for the typos above- it is late, and I just came in from a 3.6 mile walk.
Just a PS to say: If nothing else, listen to part 3 of the above!(then you'll want to listen to the rest)
Thank you for the truth that what that alleged smart people are good at concealing the truth our real history this is history they dont teach this in school and the should !Jesse was a hero but in school he is potrayed a bankrobber when when the true criminals were the pinkertons and the bankers and the true coward who murderered a hero Thanks for posting these three true history fact i hope many people will read and realize the lies they have been duped!!!!10000$contract on Jesse life by the governor paid to non law men to kill Jesse Whoes the criminal?Robert ford the coward the movie was a lie .got work tommorro will listen to one ane two tommorro great history .Thank you you for the truth !!!
concerned citizen

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2010

<quoted text>
Well, you are living proof that there are some worthwhile and intelligent people on this forum!
If I may expanf upon your post, touching the subject of Jesse James: We are taught in school that he weas a "bank robber"- but in actually, he robbed banks for a political cause; to fight the attrocities that the North was commiting in the the Civil War.
You (and anyone else who may be interested) may find this series of audio messages (by a Christian pastor) on the subject very enlightening and enjoyable:
Part 1:
Pt. 2:
Pt. 3:
Some great history here, without the political-correctness and revisionism.
Any one who wants to know the truth about Jesse James I Implore you to listen to just part two youve been lyed too!!!!!!!!!

Hart County, KY.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Judged:

concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>Any one who wants to know the truth about Jesse James I Implore you to listen to just part two youve been lyed too!!!!!!!!!
It's amazing how even 150 years later, the lies (not just about Jesse James, but the entire Civil War) are still propagated and accepted as truth. Same with World War II (Don't even get me started on that!).

Lincoln is always portrayed as a hero....but he was a criminal. And we think revisionism is a modern thing? LOL!

Back to the theme of "smart people", though: What we are discussing here is a perfect example of what I am trying to illustrate. The people who get good grades in school and who pursue higher education, are usually the ones who just unquestioningly believe what they are told, and who give "the right answers" when asked a question. People who dig deeper and search out the turth or who question what they are told or who see the contradictions, are not able to operate within the system.(It wasn't always like this- up until about the early 1960's, one could still aquire a real education through the traditional means- and up till then, real dialogue and questioning were encouraged- whereas today, those things are discouraged.)

I have a friend (a conservative black lady) who, after having spent her life in academia- both working in the system and having aquired 4 degrees- including an Ed.D. is now realizing that her lifelong pursuit has been a waste- and she can no longer stand to work in that field- and the stories she tells me of how they brainwash the students at her university, and how they discourage real learning and instead just propagate ridiculous ideas and actually prevent the students from learning anything of value, would curl your teeth!)

I was one of the lucky ones- as I saw the dysfunctionality of the system at an early age- and although I always loved learning, I dropped out of school in the tenth grade, and pursued a real education by spending a lot of time in libraries- which ensured that I learned things which are relevant to my life, and that I was free to ferret out the truth, rather than just repeating back what some teacher wanted to hear as the "right" answer[some teacher who doesn't know the truth him/herself- but who is just parroting what they in turn learned in school]. If only the internet had have existed in my younger days!

I have to find another link for you- it is the test that 8th grade students had to pass in 1898, to graduate. You'll be amazed! Most Ph.D.s today could not pass this test! Kids today graduating from high-school can barely read...and certainly can't think- and hearing this test makes one realize how low we have sunk. I'll look for the link when I have some time...it will probably be a few days.(This test just "blew me away"- and I have an IQ of 162- or so they say. It really makes one realize how terribly lacking our education truly is in this day when they claim to have "universal education". Thank goodness for homeschoolers and the Amish- as thier kids seem to be the only ones really learning anything!(and not engaging in destructive social practises!)
The Big Man

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

Judged:

<quoted text>
It's amazing how even 150 years later, the lies (not just about Jesse James, but the entire Civil War) are still propagated and accepted as truth. Same with World War II (Don't even get me started on that!).
Lincoln is always portrayed as a hero....but he was a criminal. And we think revisionism is a modern thing? LOL!
Back to the theme of "smart people", though: What we are discussing here is a perfect example of what I am trying to illustrate. The people who get good grades in school and who pursue higher education, are usually the ones who just unquestioningly believe what they are told, and who give "the right answers" when asked a question. People who dig deeper and search out the turth or who question what they are told or who see the contradictions, are not able to operate within the system.(It wasn't always like this- up until about the early 1960's, one could still aquire a real education through the traditional means- and up till then, real dialogue and questioning were encouraged- whereas today, those things are discouraged.)
I have a friend (a conservative black lady) who, after having spent her life in academia- both working in the system and having aquired 4 degrees- including an Ed.D. is now realizing that her lifelong pursuit has been a waste- and she can no longer stand to work in that field- and the stories she tells me of how they brainwash the students at her university, and how they discourage real learning and instead just propagate ridiculous ideas and actually prevent the students from learning anything of value, would curl your teeth!)
I was one of the lucky ones- as I saw the dysfunctionality of the system at an early age- and although I always loved learning, I dropped out of school in the tenth grade, and pursued a real education by spending a lot of time in libraries- which ensured that I learned things which are relevant to my life, and that I was free to ferret out the truth, rather than just repeating back what some teacher wanted to hear as the "right" answer[some teacher who doesn't know the truth him/herself- but who is just parroting what they in turn learned in school]. If only the internet had have existed in my younger days!
I have to find another link for you- it is the test that 8th grade students had to pass in 1898, to graduate. You'll be amazed! Most Ph.D.s today could not pass this test! Kids today graduating from high-school can barely read...and certainly can't think- and hearing this test makes one realize how low we have sunk. I'll look for the link when I have some time...it will probably be a few days.(This test just "blew me away"- and I have an IQ of 162- or so they say. It really makes one realize how terribly lacking our education truly is in this day when they claim to have "universal education". Thank goodness for homeschoolers and the Amish- as thier kids seem to be the only ones really learning anything!(and not engaging in destructive social practises!)
I couldnt agree more school today is a joke they learn lies or what they do learn is not applicable in the real world .schools are just there to store the children until they get old enough to release the apun society .Then they become the polititain s and the decsian makers after learnig lies for 24 years of storage I mean school!Then the begin to say and do stupid things!What ever happened to common sense ?What is this country up to are we go back to the stone ages?were so use to propaganda we accept it .If a polititain says somthing stupid we cheer him on bush said there were wmds in no questined it !When I turn on the tv it seems like thers a contest who can say the dumdest thing !Oh ww11 I agree thuasands of good men soldiers died lied too because of the propaganda machine!I think we agree on alot of issue friend.
concerned citizen

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2010

<quoted text>
Still raining after five days.Only if the rain could wash away ignorance .Once again were on the same page college is about the money pay your tution and we will teach you what we want . which is BS.lies. and when you get out you can be a lawyer be goverrnor senator and you can send youg kids to war to die for a cause But what cause!!Im going to listen to part one of Jesse James now.Oh by the way How was our day?
Frank is a Moron

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2010

THere is a guy out there named frank he cant take a joke so i fcuked with him last night I would say he i simple adult maladjusted in short theres quite a few screws loose the guy went ballastic when i made a joke about his wifes weight What ever happen to a sence of humor ?I said does your wife eat at the table or does she eat from the trough because shes a little heavy well thats a hyperbole !shes a whale!then he start sayng some stupid sh-t i dont think we should be friends know more after 25 years . cant take a joke stupid !

Hart County, KY.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2010

Sorry for my absence! Been busy! Every day is a nice day, since I left Lawn Guyland 8 years ago!

O-K, here is that test from 1895, which the kids needed to pass to graduate from 8th grade.(Find me a Ph.D. today who can pass this test without cheating and I'd be amazed!):

http://people.moreheadstate.edu/fs/w.willis/e...
concerned citizen

Haledon, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2010

Sorry for my absence! Been busy! Every day is a nice day, since I left Lawn Guyland 8 years ago!
O-K, here is that test from 1895, which the kids needed to pass to graduate from 8th grade.(Find me a Ph.D. today who can pass this test without cheating and I'd be amazed!):
http://people.moreheadstate.edu/fs/w.willis/e...
Great stuff!I printed it now im going to see if my niece can pass the test I love her , but she owes about 50000 in student loans and now she wants her masters maybe when she cant pass this test i can talk her out of more crazy student loans!One comment I would like to note I dont think 99% of the people running this country could pass that test either.I got a question for you friend do you think Hillary Clinton could pass that test?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of84
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sayville Discussions

Search the Sayville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 4 hr Operadog108 69
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr soccer ball verses matzos 114,683
Closed: Peter's, Babylon; Tennessee Jack's, E.I... (Jul '09) 8 hr Margie 57
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 9 hr marvinstevens 16,761
Debate: Drinking Age - Fire Island, NY Sat Peter Cheeks 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sat lionland 6,326
Giant Garage Sale Sat Adam Wolff 9
•••
•••

Sayville News Video

•••
•••

Sayville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Sayville People Search