Police: Cop drove at 'excessive speed' before crash

Full story: Newsday 105
Skid marks and the damage done to the borrowed sports car he was driving show Quogue Village police officer Richard Kappel was going at "an excessive speed" when he crashed the vehicle, killing himself and a passenger, according to Det. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Anon

Pleasantville, NY

#107 Jun 28, 2009
or you can just use different screen names, like meOOo changed theirs right after I (uh I mean meOOo apologized for the thoughtless comments made by the real meOOo.
tzo

Sayville, NY

#108 Jun 29, 2009
the insurance company doesn't pay out to this guy's family does it?
John Gottis Corpse

New York, NY

#109 Jun 29, 2009
tzo wrote:
the insurance company doesn't pay out to this guy's family does it?
re: the insurance, it depends on the toxicology report. However, the taxpayers will. She'll get a 3-times his salary lumpsum and then his pension and medical, dental and optical.
LI Raised

Bridgeville, PA

#110 Jun 29, 2009
LMM wrote:
<quoted text>
And his passenger, Christian Gomez, was 33 years old. He leaves behind a 29 year old wife.
What about her. What about his family? No body has written a story about him or their loss. They are the real victims here, not the idiot cop driving without a seatbelt too fast in the rain in a car he had no business driving!
I'm very sorry that two little girls will grow up without their father, but do not try to paint this man as something larger than he was - he was reckless in life (the articles all plainly state that) and his recklessness cost him his life, and the life of an innocent bystander.
I agree. Well said. If he survived the crash I would hope they would charge him with manslaughter minimally. Since he died they buried him a hero. Go figure.
no one really

Barnesville, OH

#111 Jun 29, 2009
LI Raised wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. Well said. If he survived the crash I would hope they would charge him with manslaughter minimally. Since he died they buried him a hero. Go figure.
See I agree, and I am more than just a person responding, that is the funny part. What I mean to say, is yes he was a police officer and served his country, but we are saying break the law and just because you are a police officer you deserve a full honor burial. The fact of the matter is Quogue Police Department, has kept and is keeping alot of crooked stuff from the residents it protects. But likes to give tickets for people breaking the law, but they (PO) are always speeding, talking on the phone, drinking and driving, threatening, the list is endless. So, they need to practice what they preach. If you are going to enforce the laws of NY why not start by following them yourselves, FIRST

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 hr coco the zionist ... 119,660
Race War 7 hr mcyt 9
Slime Bags (May '12) Sat Busted 16
Subway (May '14) Dec 18 Taxes Due 3
10,000 packets of heroin seized in Smithtown dr... (Nov '08) Dec 15 Streetrunner 153
Mother loses custody of daughters over 'House o... (Apr '07) Dec 14 Democracy 7
Gay Friendly Sayville? Oct '14 Gayville 3

Sayville News Video

Sayville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Sayville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Sayville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Sayville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]