Huntington 'coupon diva' shows others...

Huntington 'coupon diva' shows others how to save

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Apr 20, 2009, titled Huntington 'coupon diva' shows others how to save. In it, Newsday reports that:

With more and more consumers turning to coupons as a way to save, Amy D'Agrosa of Huntington has gone from coupon newbie to coupon diva in a few months.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Maria

AOL

#2 Apr 20, 2009
This lady is far from a coupon Diva. A coupon Diva is someone who saves over $5,000 a year using double and triple coupons.She is a newcomer at this age of her life. People don't need to pay someone to tell them how to shop and get items for free.I know because thats what i save at least a year .I have also been thrown out of Shoprite in Hauppauge NY 8 years ago for getting too many bags of free groceries every week. That was in our local newspaper.
wow

Bronxville, NY

#3 Apr 20, 2009
You sound insulted... Did amy challenge you? First to get a newsday story and wins? Get over it moron, and guess what. If something retails for $20 and they mark it up to $23 but give you a coupon for 10% off. You didn't save anything. Stop shopping in shoprite and you will not have to clip coupons to feel good about yourself.
Maria wrote:
This lady is far from a coupon Diva. A coupon Diva is someone who saves over $5,000 a year using double and triple coupons.She is a newcomer at this age of her life. People don't need to pay someone to tell them how to shop and get items for free.I know because thats what i save at least a year .I have also been thrown out of Shoprite in Hauppauge NY 8 years ago for getting too many bags of free groceries every week. That was in our local newspaper.
Someone

Brooklyn, NY

#4 Apr 20, 2009
wow wrote:
You sound insulted... Did amy challenge you? First to get a newsday story and wins? Get over it moron, and guess what. If something retails for $20 and they mark it up to $23 but give you a coupon for 10% off. You didn't save anything. Stop shopping in shoprite and you will not have to clip coupons to feel good about yourself.
Go cry some more and join the other plebes.
south shore

Lindenhurst, NY

#5 Apr 20, 2009
sounds good, it's just that I wouldn't pay someone $25 for anything. It's about ME not spending money and saving as much as I can, so I just don't shop, or as little as I can. I just don't want to give ANY of my money to anyone at all. I shop for (very little food) and pay my bills, that's it, nothing else. I don't mind making the money I just don't want to spend it at all.
wow

Bronxville, NY

#6 Apr 20, 2009
What??? Not sure that even makes any sense. Does it make you feel superior and intelligent to use the word "plebes". You are so royal and entitled...lol
Incase you missed the point again, that was sarcasm.
Someone wrote:
<quoted text>
Go cry some more and join the other plebes.
Former LIer

Süderbrarup, Germany

#7 Apr 21, 2009
The cleaning products would have probably been even cheaper if she bought generic brands without coupons. Name brands like "Lys..." are way overpriced!
ali

East Meadow, NY

#8 Apr 21, 2009
FYI after working in retail, most of your store named products are the same as your brand name products, they are produced in the same distribution centers. if you look at some of the bottling, they are clearly the same thing. I also worked in a distribution warehouse as well so it is amazing the things you buy are just a name
Pete

United States

#9 Apr 21, 2009
I saw the story on Good Morning America, it's called BeCentsAble.net . It's worth a look, even if you don't TEACH others, you can save hundreds. I took an online course for $20 (at my own pace) and can save $50 consistently...I know that's not tons to some, but no one is too proud to save a buck anymore.

David Hall

Jacksonville, FL

#10 Apr 21, 2009
I noticed you enjoy the art to saving money, so I wanted to quickly tell you about my website BOGOfetcher.com :
Get Your Local Buy One Get One Free deals emailed to you from BOGOfetcher.com ! Get BOGO's from local grocery stores (90+), pharmacies (15+), shoe stores, fast food and soooo much more in one email a week. Its 100% free and the only thing asked for is your city + state + email address. No personal info. After that the BOGO's will begin to roll in. And simply unsubscribe if you’re not satisfied. http://bogofetcher.com/
Funny People

Jackson, NJ

#11 Apr 21, 2009
You folks are funny. So many complain
about paying $25 to learn something.
Why is it that no one wants to pay
to capitalize on someone elses knowledge? It does not matter what
the subject is and it's always the
same old excuse " I can do it myself
for free ". Fact is, most people never do it themselves and if they pay
they are motivated. There are tons
of ways to save money and tons of
secrets out there that companies do not want us to know. Did you know
that Vitamin Wolrd products are made
by Puritans Pride and can be bought for half price on the internet or
in Bohemia? Did you know that anyone
can sell their home for $2500 via
Auction America Realty? Did you know
that every 15th of the month the
Brighton outlet in Woodbury Commons
offers 75% off retail? So many things
to know - sometimes it pays to pay.
Brian

Centereach, NY

#12 Apr 21, 2009
If you read how she got the total down to $5.62, she had a rebate. Rebates, you have to send away for. If I am not saving at the time of purchase, then it doesn't count.
Permit me

Port Washington, NY

#14 Apr 21, 2009
Another paper hanger... Must be married to a shill investment banker.
Feed Up

Bronx, NY

#15 Apr 21, 2009
Brian wrote:
If you read how she got the total down to $5.62, she had a rebate. Rebates, you have to send away for. If I am not saving at the time of purchase, then it doesn't count.
Amen
David Pinkowitz

Commack, NY

#16 Apr 21, 2009
Most retail stores offer coupons online. I use Google
search to find the coupons that I need. For example,
I can search for "Macy's coupons," "Shoprite coupons,"
and "free coupons" and print the coupons on my computer.
-- David Pinkowitz ( www.dcpmarketing.com )
mom of one

Shrub Oak, NY

#17 Apr 21, 2009
There is a cheaper, easier way to get this information in your inbox weekly ... it is called thegrocerygame.com and it only costs $1 to check it out and learn the so-called 'secrets' to saving with coupons.
bill p

Portland, OR

#19 Apr 21, 2009
Been using coupons for over 40 years. I bet I have saved at least 20k during that time. Also never use coupons that are for products that a have a short shelf life and might not use!
Bella

Huntington, NY

#20 Apr 22, 2009
I'd like to have a coupon party. Does anyone have her contact info.
LILady

Marlborough, CT

#21 Apr 22, 2009
Love to save using coupons, but computer-generated coupons are not always accepted in local grocery stores. Does anyone know if Pathmark or Stop&Shop accept them? Stores sometimes limit the number of coupons, or, they won't double the amount of the coupon, or want to see the website page. The best is when the cashier yells out to the supervisor waving the coupon "Is this one OK?" and everyone looks at you like you're trying to get away with something!
Maria

AOL

#22 Apr 22, 2009
Bella wrote:
I'd like to have a coupon party. Does anyone have her contact info.
Bella just trade coupons from sunday papers with your neighbors and friends if they aren't going to use them. I get plenty from that.Perhpas you want to buy an extra paper on sunday .If you don't get home delivery on sunday you don't get the same coupons or coupon values as the ones purchased in the store.
Lori Felix

Cypress, CA

#23 Apr 23, 2009
I wrote a story yesterday on my website called "getting started using coupons" at www.morewithlesstoday.com . There are useful tips here from savers all over the country. The best tip is to buy what is on sale by checking your grocery store circular and making a meal plan based upon those sale items.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) Wed Donewithdumb 29
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) Jul 26 wow 121,881
News Islip OKs tax breaks for B & S Fragrances & Cos... Jul 25 shame on you 2
Hookups in sayville Jul 22 sayville16 1
Review: Long Island Academy Of Dance (Oct '08) Jul 20 dancer 14
News Islip, citing finances, moves on $10M in bonds ... Jul 18 rabid tabby 7
News Bay Shore Marina parking meters begin operation... Jul 18 rabid tabby 9

Sayville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance