Washovers, flooding seen in Fire Island communities again

Dec 27, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Newsday

The latest nor'easter to hit Long Island brought many washovers and several feet of flooding to areas of Fire Island, officials from two communities there said Thursday.

Comments
81 - 93 of 93 Comments Last updated Jan 10, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
MB Lover1

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

I heard the MBPOA is organizing a large clean-up of the Village on Saturday. I think that is great that they are stepping up to help out.
dump them

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Derailed wrote:
<quoted text>you think replacing everybody in th village is smart? Havnt herd whose running yet, but herd rumor a daycare owner is getting signatures. I would take maura over carol, at least she paid her taxes.
I had heard from Gail back in July that Carol had paid her taxes a little late and the village website had to be updated.
MB Lover1

Norwalk, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

dump them wrote:
<quoted text>I had heard from Gail back in July that Carol had paid her taxes a little late and the village website had to be updated.
Even if Carol did pay her taxes and I don't know if she really did, it was not just a little late it was VERY late and she should be setting an example for residents not thumbing her nose at the rules.
I paid my taxes

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

MB Lover1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if Carol did pay her taxes and I don't know if she really did, it was not just a little late it was VERY late and she should be setting an example for residents not thumbing her nose at the rules.
nope, her current balance is over $600 owed. Hope they put tax arrears in the new ethics handbook.
OMG

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

dump them wrote:
<quoted text>I had heard from Gail back in July that Carol had paid her taxes a little late and the village website had to be updated.
She paid her 2011 taxes in August of 2012. Thats 8 months late. She has yet to pay her 2012 taxes. They were due in May.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

MB Lover1 wrote:
<quoted text>
This may sound really crazy as maybe wont stack up to a late tax payment but what if (could never happen) a village trustee ran a business in the wetlands area and thumbed his nose at the DEC and had a eyesore of a building in which strippers as in paint. chemicals oils and gas were stored then pushed boats and floating docks into title 2 protected wetland and even repaied a home and made it habitable with no permits and a septic system that met codes.and not that it would ever happen a 1 in a million shot a storm would hit and boats got pushed arounfd chemicals all leaked and oils stained the marsh lands and it was not accessable so some clean up can be done yet the damage is done and all is repaired as all looked the other way. That will never compare to a late tax bill,glad you got your priorities in order . Viva la Village
not a koolaid drinker

Dobbs Ferry, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

i don't think that bashing carol over her taxes is the issue at all. sometimes people have financial problems. as long as she pays (even it it's late) it's really none of your business. i don't see you asking anyone on the board if they have overdue credit card payments, or a late mortgage payment. the other trustees won't work with her, but she is the only one who ever objects to the stepford village trustees.
SockBasher

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

not a koolaid drinker wrote:
i don't think that bashing carol over her taxes is the issue at all. sometimes people have financial problems. as long as she pays (even it it's late) it's really none of your business. i don't see you asking anyone on the board if they have overdue credit card payments, or a late mortgage payment. the other trustees won't work with her, but she is the only one who ever objects to the stepford village trustees.
Really? But bashing for the color of someones socks is ok?
I paid my taxes

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

not a koolaid drinker wrote:
really, is she having financial problems? I remember what happened to Fred towel when he had money problems.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

SockBasher wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? But bashing for the color of someones socks is ok?
It was justified - No white after labor day
SockBasher

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Perhaps we shoud change the title of this thread to "washwomen"?

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Judged:

Yeah, it kinda took a left there somewhere or was that a RIGHT? Hmmm

Since: Apr 09

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Judged:

whoopsing wrote:
Yeah, it kinda took a left there somewhere or was that a RIGHT? Hmmm
All of these threads take a left in the same old direction. R.I.G.H.T
It always turns into village bashing (which Im not against)
I could start a thread on bunny rabbits and watch what happens.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 31 min CALYS017 117,764
Suffolk Community College (Jul '13) 16 hr Jayar 5
Why hasn't CHRIS PARSLEY been arrested? (Feb '13) Wed patch resident 4
everett emery house and post office -- 1932 (Oct '10) Tue Ghettogasmansrmc 3
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Tue College Professor 6,391
Giant Garage Sale Tue Jose Revira 19
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Mon okeefe_1960 86

Search the Sayville Forum:
•••

Sayville News Video

•••
Sayville Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Sayville Jobs

•••