Cat crusher pleads guilty

Cat crusher pleads guilty

There are 196 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Cat crusher pleads guilty. In it, Newsday reports that:

David Wrigley, the Sayville man who last month flung his girlfriend's cats across their bedroom in a temper tantrum, killing one of them, pleaded guilty Thursday in exchange for a lighter sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Stevens

Bronx, NY

#190 Mar 8, 2008
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>'
Are you Steven's pasta???
No. I was thinking more like Cat Stevens. That place does look good though. Have you tried the duck?
Running Triz

Westbury, NY

#191 Mar 8, 2008
I hate cats, this man did a very honorable thing by taking a pro-active approach to dealing with uncontrollable seamen dumpsters
laura

AOL

#193 Mar 8, 2008
I AM PLEADING WITH YOU, PLEASE, KILLING AND/OR HURTING THOSE INNOCENT CATS ARE REALLY NOT HIS PROBLEM. IT RUNS MUCH DEEPER THAN THAT. HE NEEDS TREATMENT, OBVIOUSLY NOT FOR THE CRIME, HE SHOULD GO TO JAIL FOR THAT, BUT FOR WHAT CAUSED HIM TO DO SUCH AN AWFUL THING. HE HAS NO REGARD FOR LIFE, AND HE IS NOT GOD FEARING. HELP IS WHAT HE NEEDS. PLEASE, LETS TREAT THE PROBLEM, NOT THE SYMPTOM.
Bob

Norman, OK

#194 Mar 8, 2008
The Navy has no choice but to admit him. According to the article, he was convicted of a misdemeanor. A misdemeanor is not a felony. Since a misdemeanor does not preclude someone from joining the Navy, then for this individual to be denied entrance into the Navy would be a violation of his civil rights because that would be singling him out.
wow

South Salem, NY

#195 Mar 8, 2008
Thats more time then a Drunk Driving arrest. Beats it by four months...
L I Gal

Raleigh, NC

#197 Mar 8, 2008
Jack_-_ wrote:
I hope Bubba becomes his new girlfriend in jail and gives him a few poundings!!!
Bubba will be the BOYfriend. HE will be the girlfriend.
Mcgregor

United States

#199 Mar 8, 2008
Sent him to Irag and maybe a tank will crush him against a wall...may all his limbs be scattered to the wind and he still lives to learn that crulety to animals does not pay!!!!!!!!..enough of this abuse to animals; it has to stop, three are way too many out there hurting the animals
Dawn

Long Beach, NY

#200 Mar 8, 2008
this man is a [email protected]!!!!!!!!!! i hope bubba gets him!!!!!!!!!!
Mcgregor

United States

#201 Mar 8, 2008
See!!! the army knows how to get rid of trash.....thats why they hired this piece of dung ; as a shield for someone else on the battle field.
Taylor

Pearl River, NY

#202 Mar 8, 2008
To all of you ranting and raving about how animal abusers grow up to be serial killers-- have any of you actually stopped to consider the fact that there's a real difference between killing an animal in a fit of anger and actually torturing something for one's amusement?

Harming someone's pet is a terrible thing, and he certainly should (and will) be penalized for his actions. But some of you are painting a picture of a man who, if left to his own devices, would go on a rampage through the population, flinging women, children, and small animals around in his wake. It's a comical and entirely incorrect assumption.

Is it not enough that he might simply be a person with an anger management problem, who did a bad thing and has expressed remorse, and who is looking to take steps to change his life for the better by entering a military institution that would provide him with the discipline he obviously needs?
B Real

Raritan, NJ

#203 Mar 8, 2008
hope he gets azz raped like the punk he is. And all he'll do in the navy is clean toilets, so good for him. Great job mom and dad.
B Real

Raritan, NJ

#204 Mar 8, 2008
Taylor wrote:
To all of you ranting and raving about how animal abusers grow up to be serial killers-- have any of you actually stopped to consider the fact that there's a real difference between killing an animal in a fit of anger and actually torturing something for one's amusement?
Harming someone's pet is a terrible thing, and he certainly should (and will) be penalized for his actions. But some of you are painting a picture of a man who, if left to his own devices, would go on a rampage through the population, flinging women, children, and small animals around in his wake. It's a comical and entirely incorrect assumption.
Is it not enough that he might simply be a person with an anger management problem, who did a bad thing and has expressed remorse, and who is looking to take steps to change his life for the better by entering a military institution that would provide him with the discipline he obviously needs?
Normal people get angry all the time. normal people may yell, scream, may even toss a vase or hit a wall. but only a deeply disturbed individual would try to violently kill not oe, but 2 cats. You are wrong, this man is a sick menace.
Cat Man

Fishkill, NY

#205 Mar 8, 2008
Taylor wrote:
To all of you ranting and raving about how animal abusers grow up to be serial killers-- have any of you actually stopped to consider the fact that there's a real difference between killing an animal in a fit of anger and actually torturing something for one's amusement?
Harming someone's pet is a terrible thing, and he certainly should (and will) be penalized for his actions. But some of you are painting a picture of a man who, if left to his own devices, would go on a rampage through the population, flinging women, children, and small animals around in his wake. It's a comical and entirely incorrect assumption.
Is it not enough that he might simply be a person with an anger management problem, who did a bad thing and has expressed remorse, and who is looking to take steps to change his life for the better by entering a military institution that would provide him with the discipline he obviously needs?
Let me guess, you're a liberal.
Cat Man

Fishkill, NY

#206 Mar 8, 2008
B Real wrote:
<quoted text>Normal people get angry all the time. normal people may yell, scream, may even toss a vase or hit a wall. but only a deeply disturbed individual would try to violently kill not oe, but 2 cats. You are wrong, this man is a sick menace.
You hit the nail on the head.

Good Post. One of Topix.net 's finest. A++++++++++
Proud2bAmerican

Brooklyn, NY

#208 Mar 8, 2008
It's no wonder this guy did this, His Mom (was,is) a dancer! I'm sure that Fu#$% with his emotions for sure!!!!
gjdagis

Goshen, NY

#210 Mar 8, 2008
Although I am personally opposed to such behavior toward animals; I am pro choice and believe that people should be able to do as they please with their own property. This is a constitutional RIGHT !
dead kitties rule

Holtsville, NY

#211 Mar 8, 2008
guy should get a metal
Skeeter

Raritan, NJ

#212 Mar 8, 2008
Yo, he my boy. Wat he did wuz wrong but it wuz her fault. He found out she was getting with his co-worker, a black dude. That would make any man mad. He shoulda thrown her not the cats though
Dawn

Long Beach, NY

#213 Mar 8, 2008
gjdagis wrote:
Although I am personally opposed to such behavior toward animals; I am pro choice and believe that people should be able to do as they please with their own property. This is a constitutional RIGHT !
it wasn't his property jerkoff it was his girlfriends!!!!!!!!!!
ty webb

Milford, CT

#214 Mar 8, 2008
gjdagis wrote:
Although I am personally opposed to such behavior toward animals; I am pro choice and believe that people should be able to do as they please with their own property. This is a constitutional RIGHT !
You are a [email protected]#$ing idiot. Constitutional right?? Gimme a break moron

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Town of Islip OKs bonds for animal shelter, air... Thu USS LIBERTY 4
Islandia Music Thread Thu Little Stuart 3
SUNY-EMPIRE College Road Oct 17 SmokinJoe 1
News Nesconset dad writes to give his injured teen a... (Dec '08) Oct 17 Thomas Archer 9
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Oct 14 SmokinJoe 12
SCCC Natures Garden (Dec '12) Oct 12 SmokinJoe 9
Marie Oct 12 Don 1

Sayville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sayville Mortgages