Cat crusher pleads guilty

There are 20 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 6, 2008, titled Cat crusher pleads guilty. In it, Newsday reports that:

David Wrigley, the Sayville man who last month flung his girlfriend's cats across their bedroom in a temper tantrum, killing one of them, pleaded guilty Thursday in exchange for a lighter sentence.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Animal Lover

Holbrook, NY

#3 Mar 6, 2008
You're getting off lite!. That poor cat is dead. Animals only provide us with unconditional love; something you should try to understand.
4428aaa

Cresskill, NJ

#4 Mar 6, 2008
Guess the navy has their pet killer now, just like the marines!
jill

Manchester, NH

#9 Mar 6, 2008
Loser boyfriend. Hope this gal is not so desperate for a man in the future. He was too young and stupid for any female.
Ex Navy

United States

#10 Mar 6, 2008
And this sick shmuck passed the psych exam to get in the Navy?! They know about this and are still gonna enlist him? That friggin recruiter would tear up his papers if he had any pride in his uniform... Screw the quota... bounce this loser before he's serving alongside one of your friends or relatives.
Ex Navy

United States

#11 Mar 6, 2008
He probably enlisted in Patchogue. Call that recruiting station and find out why they would take this sick little punk.

“Help us!”

Since: Dec 07

Queens

#12 Mar 6, 2008
He wants to join the Navy? Are they really going to allow him to? What a disgrace...

“Help us!”

Since: Dec 07

Queens

#13 Mar 6, 2008
He deserves a much longer jail sentence! I hope his a*s*s gets thrown around in jail too!

Since: Aug 07

High Point, NC

#14 Mar 6, 2008
Say hello to Bubba! And the Navy is still going to take this loser? Disgraceful.
Sheila

Bethel, CT

#15 Mar 6, 2008
I hope his fellow inmates do to him as he did to the innocent cat. If he gets out and has children meet the next baby killer. "Oh,the baby was crying so I just "shaked it" and it stopped."
Independent

West Babylon, NY

#18 Mar 6, 2008
Great. Now he can use his immensely powerful hands to crush America's enemies--but they shoot back--and there are no plea bargainings.
Stevens

Bronx, NY

#19 Mar 6, 2008
But who prosecutes the cats? I had this cat once claw and bite me completely unprovoked. Maybe I can still bring up a civil suit.
jac me hoff

Schaumburg, IL

#20 Mar 6, 2008
this guy should be put in jail. who cares if its only a cat its still a living thing... i mean at least a kid can fight back.
girl who doesnt cry

Oakland, NJ

#21 Mar 6, 2008
that is just stupid what he did, he obviously has a temper and if they still let him into the navy then I completely abandon the navy as a source of protection. for one how can anybody harm an innocent animal, its just sick, secondly, how can an american centered protection army service take in a killer, thirdly, even to those who don't like cats, would you kill the cat if it annoyed you a little?
Stevens

Bronx, NY

#23 Mar 6, 2008
Animal Lover wrote:
Animals only provide us with unconditional love; something you should try to understand.
My cats conditions are that I feed, provide housing, and give a clean place to expel their wastes. They have "strings attached".
r hernandez

Austin, TX

#24 Mar 6, 2008
wow, he gets more time than a rape suspect. incredible.
Mike Savage

Monroe, NY

#25 Mar 6, 2008
Those vet fees are getting really high. My kitty has a watery eye and I'm wondering how much it will cost when I take her to the vet.
sassy

Cumming, GA

#26 Mar 6, 2008
Laid off and drunk wrote:
I hate cats...
Its still wrong to abuse animals he had no right to do what he did he's a piece of shit !!!!
sassy

Cumming, GA

#27 Mar 6, 2008
melissa wrote:
the girl is to blame as well,she should have known she picked a loser,keep your legs crossed ho!
Oh yeah you sound real bright ho!!!!
C HERE

Morristown, NJ

#29 Mar 6, 2008
I HOPE "BUBBA" IN THE SAME CELL WITH HIM IS A CAT LOVER !!!!!!!!!
Stuart Pitt

Bronx, NY

#32 Mar 6, 2008
Maybe had he crushed the cat while on Spring Break with a bunch of chicks in bikinis, he would have been photographed as a cool guy party animal and glorified by Newsday on its website?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 min Gas Woman 121,714
J&B Discount Tire Fraud (Jan '09) Apr 30 Teamplaya7 43
Review: 3d Super Nails Inc Apr 29 alexx174 1
News Suffolk considers bus cams for illegal passing Apr 29 Tra 3
News Residents loudly complain about noise ordinance - (Sep '07) Apr 28 Anonymous 158
News Loitering bill in trouble (Mar '07) Apr 27 Rated X 5
News Amanda Malloy remembered as 'Renaissance woman' (Nov '08) Apr 26 Bruce Isselbaecher 35
More from around the web

Sayville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]