Teen killed outside LI party

Teen killed outside LI party

There are 211 comments on the WABC-TV New York story from May 14, 2006, titled Teen killed outside LI party. In it, WABC-TV New York reports that:

It happened in Wyandanch in Suffolk County after a fight broke out in front of a home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WABC-TV New York.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Whitey

Bridgeport, CT

#1 May 14, 2006
Of course it happened in Wyndanch...
Sandra---Ocala Fl

Gainesville, FL

#2 May 15, 2006
Whitey wrote:
WYANDANCH is not a bad Place it's the people that live within any town or county. Life is what you put into it and the choices you make, we must stop blaming others for our own wrong doings....WYANDANCH is really a beautiful place if you've seen what I've seen....
student from wyandanch

Patchogue, NY

#3 May 15, 2006
Whitey wrote:
what about your white neighborhood.
Resident from Wyandanch

Pleasanton, CA

#5 May 15, 2006
I think that it is ashame that this happened and my heart goes out to his beautiful family. No matter where you live no one deserves to die epecially like that. It is senseless. Now his mother and father and sisters and brothers all suffer because of another persons foolishness. I knew him and he was a great normal young man who lived his life like most people his age and my heart is broken for him and his family. The negative comments need to be kept to themselves.
God Mommy Sissy

Greenbackville, VA

#6 May 15, 2006
Resident from Wyandanch wrote:
I think that it is ashame that this happened and my heart goes out to his beautiful family. No matter where you live no one deserves to die epecially like that. It is senseless. Now his mother and father and sisters and brothers all suffer because of another persons foolishness. I knew him and he was a great normal young man who lived his life like most people his age and my heart is broken for him and his family. The negative comments need to be kept to themselves.
Thank you for your kind words yes L.J. was a good young man he loved his family and friends very much and always would lend a helping hand when needed. I pray that we his family will be able go one without his presence in our lives. My god son never had a bad thing to say or do to anyone. He will be missed deeply.
God Mommy Sissy

Greenbackville, VA

#7 May 15, 2006
It is a true shame that my nephew and God son had to depart this life in the manner that he did my heart hurts very deeply and my family will grieve his loss for a very very long time. I too lived in wyandanch my whole life until five years ago. It's a tragedy that guns are so easily accesible and are used to settled the smallest problems. Youth today are killing each other off for the wrong reasons. Something should be done about how easy it is to put a gun in a childs hand and then that child can take anothers life without any remorse. L.J. Godmommy Sissy will always have love in her heart for you and I will miss you for a life time.
samantha

Brooklyn, NY

#8 May 15, 2006
wyandanch is not a bad place the only thing bad about it is the kind of people living there and as everyone gets killed all the time but other than that wyandanch is a beautiful place and r.i.p avaryone who died there!!!!!!
samantha

Brooklyn, NY

#9 May 15, 2006
I LOVE BLACK PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!
student from wyandanch

Patchogue, NY

#10 May 15, 2006
i really do not get what u mean by of course it happened in wyandanch , who are u to judge any 1 or any thing itz people like u who make yourself look really really low . WHITEY
Resident from Wyandanch

Pleasanton, CA

#11 May 15, 2006
I also do not think that people should turn this into a racial thing a person has lost his young life that is bad enough. Let it go. It is not what town you are from it is not about that at all. Every neighborhood has good, bad, and ugly and instead of making a racial thing out of this make it something that we all should learn a hard lesson from that you should be able to go and have a good time and enjoy yourself but people are bringing weapons. LEAVE THE WEAPONS AT HOME AND ENJOY YOURSELVES and we will not have to go through this foolish, senseless taking of other peoples lives. As I said He was a good young man and no matter what he did not deserve any of this. So may they catch whomever did this and although this will not bring L.J. Back but it hopefully will be a wake up call to other young people before they bring weapons to a party. Wyandanch happens to be a great place to live espcially if you grew up there that is where all your friends and family are but you are right if you are going out there to cause problems and other foolishness it is not a good place as with anywhere else. Even the people in the better neighborhoods such as Dix Hills which is right next door they are one of the richest places on the Island and they have Guns Drugs and all that stuff but they can pay there way out of trouble it is not any different anywhere you go.
Student from HSE

Edison, NJ

#12 May 15, 2006
LJ was an amazing young man. I was personally not great friends with him, but we were friendly. Every time I saw him, he would have a huge smile on his face & was so happy to be surrounded by his friends. This truly was a tragedy because he was trying to break up the fight & this resulted in his life coming to an end. R.I.P LJ <3. And who ever said "Of coursse it happened in Wyndanch..." stop judging. Shootings happen everywhere, doesnt matter what town, tragedys happen. Wyndanch happens to be next too one of the richest towns - Dix Hills- in LI. And there are things that go on there to. So please lave the negative comments to yourself.
El Perro

Wellesley, MA

#13 May 15, 2006
So was he an affiliate of the gang or not? You people knew him. was he or not?

Most of Wayndanch is a getto, you can't tell me anything other. I worked there, and could not even drive down Straight Path w/ out having people come to the window of your car asking for change or offering drugs... MY EXPERIENCE.

Having young chilren, I can only imagine how hard it would be to raise them in that environment.

my prayers go to the family.
El Perro

Wellesley, MA

#14 May 15, 2006
RFW said:
Dix Hills which is right next door they are one of the richest places on the Island and they have Guns Drugs and all that stuff but they can pay there way out of trouble it is not any different anywhere you go.

So, how much does it cost to get away with killing someone?

Stop being a racist and treat the problem in your own town without such ridiculous statements.
God Mommy Sissy

Spring, TX

#15 May 15, 2006
El Perro wrote:
Most of Wayndanch is a getto, you can't tell me anything other. I worked there, and could not even drive down Straight Path w/ out having people come to the window of your car asking for change or offering drugs... MY EXPERIENCE.
Having young chilren, I can only imagine how hard it would be to raise them in that environment.
My God son was not affiliated with any gang. He was looking forward to graduating from high school and going to college.
God Mommy Sissy

Spring, TX

#16 May 15, 2006
El Perro I lived in wyandanch most of my life it may not be the ritz,but it is a town with problems just as well as any other and I have never gone down straightpath and have anyone run up to my car asking me to buy drugs. To my knowledge those things only occured in certain areas if you turned off straighpath and if you knew your way around you did not deviate off the straightpath into those places where you would be exposed to that kind of environment. We thank you for your prayers and ours go out to you as well. L.J's God Mommy
Vanna

Bronx, NY

#17 May 15, 2006
I knew L.J as well as Deshawn and I dont think L.J was a bad person at all. Of all of his friends he was the most friendly and would talk to anyone regardless of their popularity (or lack there of.) His death was an accident and a tradgedy. My condolences are sent to his family. I live in Wyandanch/West Babylon. L.J was shot right up my block on Star Place. Of the entire time I've lived in Wyandanch I've never had someone come up to my car asking me to buy drugs or any of that nonsense. Your lies aren't necessary. There is a teenager dead and a family in mourning do you really think saying negative comments helps the cause? No it causes more anger and hate. So take your negativity somewhere else.
Corey

Portland, OR

#18 May 15, 2006
R.I.P. LJ. My prayers go out to Nut & family.
jocelyn

Bronx, NY

#19 May 16, 2006
Whitey wrote:
what do u mean of course it happened in wyandanch who cares whgere it happened someone lost there life! and lindenhurst isnt the best place on the world either u guys try to act up too.
jocelyn

Bronx, NY

#20 May 16, 2006
El Perro wrote:
el perro what is your problem? you know that your a liar! i have lived in wyandanch since i was born in 1986 and my mother has lived here since she was born in 1969 and her motherr has lived here since all the streets were dirt, there are no people walking up to your car asking for change! yea right. and no one comes out there face and offers drugs now how do u sound!! who cares if he was affiliated with a gang or not?! he was MURDERED! no one deserves that! no one at all. he was the sweetest young man and everyone loved him. he lost his life all b ecause of peoples ignorance and you know what the people that started the fights weerent even from wyandanch! it just all goes down in wyandanch. and if u worked in wyandanch u must have not been makin any good money unless u owned the business cuz wyandanch is not a business industry all we have is the school. what about us the good people in wyandanch how do u think we feel about people talikng about our neighborhood. yes it is getting unsafe but we still live here and instead of people taking the time out to educate the children and participate in making it better we have people like you putting it down
jocelyn

Bronx, NY

#21 May 16, 2006
i dont know why they keep writing that im from oyster bay when im from WYANDANCH. everyone should just stop the disagreements and remember we are mourning a life that has been lost! so lets just do that because everything else is uncalled for.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Heroin Overdosed Centereach High School (Jan '09) 4 hr Relic 36
Gregory Sanzeri from La Fitness Smithtown 7 hr Hauppauge 1
News Petition drive underway to reopen Roberto Cleme... Sat why angie 5
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) Aug 26 Go Blue Forever 212
As we can C Newark NJ Hells angels just cowar... (Apr '13) Aug 26 Ends in a vowel 13
News Islip dumping trials come to an end Aug 25 please respond 1
News Islip ex-commish Joe Montuori Jr., aide plead g... Aug 25 make them pay 2

Sayville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sayville Mortgages