The Pelachik house: Sayre's famed hau...

The Pelachik house: Sayre's famed haunted house

Posted in the Sayre Forum

Shadow

United States

#1 Feb 7, 2008
I'm a Sayre resident and I've been looking for information pertaining to the Pelachik house in Sayre...more specifically, the location. This is a house that is haunted by the ghost of a constable who was murdered there in the early part of the 1900s. And, from what I have already gathered, this place has been investigated by at least one person and has shown to display auditory activity, cold-spots and the sightings of apparitions.

I have gathered that this house is located near Litchfield Road. Does anyone have any information about this place? Have you heard of it, or do you know where it is? I already know the history on this place, so I kindly ask anyone looking to reply to spare me that little shred of information. But anything else - locations, relation to the Pelachik family, experiences or investigations and so forth is very welcomed.

Thank you for taking the time to read.
amanda smith

Elmira, NY

#2 Oct 6, 2008
i hahe heard of it too did u find out where it is yet? e-mail me at [email protected]
Stephanie Cook

Elmira, NY

#3 Aug 3, 2009
Anyone Who Has Informations such as history on the Pelachik house(already know where it is), Could you please send it to me. I have searched and searched and cant find much on this place at all. So anyone with info please email me at [email protected] hoo.com. Thanx So Much and Have a Great Day.
Stephanie

Barton, NY

#4 Aug 7, 2009
Would you be willing to share your history on the place with me. Ive looked everywhere and cant find anything.If so contact me at [email protected]
Shadow wrote:
I'm a Sayre resident and I've been looking for information pertaining to the Pelachik house in Sayre...more specifically, the location. This is a house that is haunted by the ghost of a constable who was murdered there in the early part of the 1900s. And, from what I have already gathered, this place has been investigated by at least one person and has shown to display auditory activity, cold-spots and the sightings of apparitions.
I have gathered that this house is located near Litchfield Road. Does anyone have any information about this place? Have you heard of it, or do you know where it is? I already know the history on this place, so I kindly ask anyone looking to reply to spare me that little shred of information. But anything else - locations, relation to the Pelachik family, experiences or investigations and so forth is very welcomed.
Thank you for taking the time to read.
Shadow

Chenango Forks, NY

#5 Aug 8, 2009
Honestly, all the history on this location I know I already wrote. There's not a whole lot known about this house, and no one around here seems to be familiar with it. I believe, in terms of actual ghostly activity, the area was known for cold spots, visual phenomena and strange noises.

I sent an email to the Bradford County Paranormal Investigation team to see if they know anything about this place.
Stephanie wrote:
Would you be willing to share your history on the place with me. Ive looked everywhere and cant find anything.If so contact me at [email protected]
<quoted text>
Shadow

King Ferry, NY

#6 Aug 10, 2009
I heard back from the STNY Paranormal investigators recently...unfortunately, they have not been able to find anyone with any information on the place either. They believe it may just be a myth.
dave

Sayre, PA

#7 Aug 30, 2009
Well, I can share all the information on that house. My name is Dave Pelachik and I grew up in that house. It's located on Pitney St, in Sayre (so. waverly, PA). I have experienced a few weird things growing up there. My parents still live in that house. If you want to contact me my email is [email protected]
dave

Sayre, PA

#8 Aug 30, 2009
oh... and shadow... it's not a myth. My Dad won't talk about it, he doesn't believe in supernatural stuff and doesn't want any attention about it. But I'll talk.

I can tell you 4 examples of things that freaked me out that I could never explain. There were a few other things... creaks and groans that could be attributed to "and old house making noise".

But not some of the stuff I saw and heard.
Shadow

Chenango Forks, NY

#9 Sep 2, 2009
Thanks so much for speaking up, Dave. I sent you an email; if you get anything from "Lindsay", that's me.
shadow

South Kortright, NY

#10 Nov 27, 2010
Dave
I grew up very close to you. I had alot of strange experiences in the house and garage where I lived as well. There are a few other houses on the street where friends and I had experiences. Even outside as kids we had a few odd things happen too. I womder if it is at all related.
dave

Gratz, PA

#11 Dec 9, 2010
shadow,

There seems to be a cluster of weird happenings in the South Waverly area.

Plus, the whole history of Spainish Hill. Jeez, enough trauma over the centuries there to leave some spectral crap in the area.
wildcat

Oxford, NY

#12 Dec 30, 2010
what's with spanish hill? I've read some stories that would suggest it was supernatural, but does anyone had any experiences there for real?
Entity_P_I

Oneonta, NY

#13 Oct 8, 2012
dave wrote:
Well, I can share all the information on that house. My name is Dave Pelachik and I grew up in that house. It's located on Pitney St, in Sayre (so. waverly, PA). I have experienced a few weird things growing up there. My parents still live in that house. If you want to contact me my email is [email protected]
Mr. Pelachik, i am representing a paranormal investigation team "Entity P.I." we are currently E.V.P. based and are looking for locally "haunted" locations. We will be emailing you shorlty about this location. If you could provide any information about the Pelachik house please repy, remember our name is Entity P.I. so if you receive an email in relation to that name youll know. Thank you.
Cranberry

Jamestown, NY

#14 Sep 25, 2013
wildcat wrote:
what's with spanish hill? I've read some stories that would suggest it was supernatural, but does anyone had any experiences there for real?
Wildcat, my uncle owns spanish hill. It is posted private property, so I dont reccomend trying to go up there, but it is terrifying. At 8 years old, I stayed the night with my cousins, and we ended up leaving early. Horrible noises, and strange things happening, such as lights not turning off, and door slamming.
An archeologist apparently found a very large skeleton on the property, as well as a horned scull. SRAC has a bunch of info on that thougb.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tops Washington Street (Nov '15) Mar '16 Crazy L 2
weed (Jul '15) Dec '15 Opus6 2
World record (Jan '15) May '15 the dingo 2
The VA OPC In Sayre gets a failing grade (Apr '15) Apr '15 Marine 4
jordan thayer (Jan '15) Jan '15 haha chulo 1
News Dr. William Koenig Introduces New Therapy to Re... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
Andrea Aguilar A Want To Be Mother! (Oct '14) Oct '14 homie 183 1

Sayre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sayre Mortgages