Deadly Flood Threat Grows

Deadly Flood Threat Grows

There are 3 comments on the Cbs5.com story from Jun 29, 2006, titled Deadly Flood Threat Grows. In it, Cbs5.com reports that:

Officials worried about pressure on the town's levees ordered up to 200,000 people to evacuate the Wilkes-Barre area in Pennsylvania after the Susquehanna River was swelled by a record-breaking deluge that has ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Cbs5.com.

AntiBushConserva tive

United States

#1 Jun 29, 2006
It's not the flood they're worried about--it's FEMA. Stay the hell away, FEMA!!
Barbara Cooper

San Diego, CA

#2 Jul 5, 2006
Have relatives in West Pittston area--worried about them! One was evacuated from her home, and others I don't know but they are only a few streets away (Linden).

Anyone have any info on how bad the flooding was in those areas and when people might be returning to their homes? Or what areas exactly were evacuated?

I can't get ahold of anyone by phone-would appreciate any assistance, thanks.
Barbara Cooper

San Diego, CA

#3 Jul 6, 2006
Barbara Cooper wrote:
Have relatives in West Pittston area--worried about them! One was evacuated from her home, and others I don't know but they are only a few streets away (Linden).
Anyone have any info on how bad the flooding was in those areas and when people might be returning to their homes? Or what areas exactly were evacuated?
I can't get ahold of anyone by phone-would appreciate any assistance, thanks.
Hi again--spoke to both relatives today in West Pittston area, and they are fine and so are their homes. Although the area was under mandatory evacuation, they chose not to leave. The levees held--and they didn't receive the flooding in West Pittston from nearbye Wilkes Barre thank goodness. So all is well and so are their homes! Thanks anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tops Washington Street Mar '16 Crazy L 2
weed (Jul '15) Dec '15 Opus6 2
World record (Jan '15) May '15 the dingo 2
The VA OPC In Sayre gets a failing grade (Apr '15) Apr '15 Marine 4
jordan thayer (Jan '15) Jan '15 haha chulo 1
News Dr. William Koenig Introduces New Therapy to Re... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
Andrea Aguilar A Want To Be Mother! (Oct '14) Oct '14 homie 183 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sayre Mortgages