grocery shopping experience

Posted in the Sayre Forum

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
disgruntled

United States

#1 Oct 10, 2008
has anyone noticed our local supermarket employees? No professionalism there!! One stocker has pants hanging off his rear with his tighty whities showing, one has dirty jeans and smells horrible. What rehab center did they contract their help from? The help is rude and preoccupied with each other, won't give customers the time of day.

“Come on, I'm the THRILL.”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 10, 2008
That's Puckett's(I think I spelled it right?) for ya.. I'm really missing United.
listening

United States

#3 Oct 10, 2008
thank goodness some one else has notice these nuts.who is darren? he cant speak ,smile or work.where is the david guy.hope they didnt run him off. thats why i buy my groceries in anywhere but here. the help is to bad to come up with a name for it,but people are getting tired of buying old stuff at high prices.these people didnt get out of rehab theyre headed to rehab.
lucky lady

Elk City, OK

#4 Oct 11, 2008
Oh don't get me started! I miss United SOOOO bad. They knew how to run a clean proffessional store you could afford to shop at. I was in Pucketts one day and the girl with the attitude of I hate being here was checking out a lady and when she got done with her she wouldn't help the sacker sack her stuff (she was too good for that I suppose) so she starts checking me out and the poor sacker was putting my stuff in with the other ladies. I also hate the fact they don't even carry magazines anymore, there are people in this town that like to read. I go to Elk just often enough to do the bulk of my grocery shopping over there. I know it's not good for Sayre's economy but I have a budget to live on.
THINKING

Elk City, OK

#5 Oct 11, 2008
I'm with you. I can afford the gas to go to Elk, where there is decent produce and a variety to choose from, on what I save in prices. The ones I feel sorry for are the senior citizens who live on fixed incomes, and we have a lot of them. They have to settle for low quality sock and produce IF they can afford to buy it! The Puckett family should be ashamed of themselves. It's a hometown business that is monopolizing and treating their customers with disrespect. I see clean cut kids working other places. I can't believe they haven't applied at the local grocery store as well. What are they teaching these kids? That you don't have to be clean and courteous because the Sayre people have no other choice. How long since you've seen Craig Puckett in the store thanking customers for their business? It's disgraceful.
Helping hands

Elk City, OK

#6 Oct 11, 2008
I say when you go to Elk for groceries, take someone with you who might not be able to get there on their own or offer to shop for them. At least they won't have to look at the help. Darren worked at the Elk City hospital then he bought the donut shop. He is a quiet person, but at least his pants fit and he's not covered in piercings and tatoos. The problem is he's not assertive enough to manage the help. He has no control over the prices. It's just unbelievable, and the chamber wonders why people don't spend more money in Sayre. Groceries, that's where a big chunk of your money goes.
Resident

Elk City, OK

#7 Oct 11, 2008
Shame on you Craig Puckett!
You're too big for your britches,
and you probably shop at SAMs.

Shame shame shame
Symbba

Houston, TX

#8 Oct 11, 2008
lucky lady wrote:
Oh don't get me started! I miss United SOOOO bad. They knew how to run a clean proffessional store you could afford to shop at. I was in Pucketts one day and the girl with the attitude of I hate being here was checking out a lady and when she got done with her she wouldn't help the sacker sack her stuff (she was too good for that I suppose) so she starts checking me out and the poor sacker was putting my stuff in with the other ladies. I also hate the fact they don't even carry magazines anymore, there are people in this town that like to read. I go to Elk just often enough to do the bulk of my grocery shopping over there. I know it's not good for Sayre's economy but I have a budget to live on.
Where is David? The manager? Hiding his ass in his office but of course. or so I've heard.
I shop Homeland

Elk City, OK

#9 Oct 11, 2008
A few years back my kid, who was clean cut and hard working - worked 4 yrs at same food service job w/o missing - couldn't get a job at Pucketts. Guess they were saving up for the current crop of
All-American boys!
Yeller Dog

Elk City, OK

#10 Oct 11, 2008
Give 'em some time - things might change. I saw Joel there the other day!
Symbba

Houston, TX

#11 Oct 11, 2008
Yeller Dog wrote:
Give 'em some time - things might change. I saw Joel there the other day!
Him and his wife work there. Real good people they are.
listening

United States

#12 Oct 11, 2008
joel is there almost every day. that druggy type is what they want.sorry but true.
DEM

Elk City, OK

#13 Oct 11, 2008
listening wrote:
joel is there almost every day. that druggy type is what they want.sorry but true.
Why do you say they want "that druggy type?"
Where ya been

Elk City, OK

#14 Oct 11, 2008
Did it take Pucketts being the only store in town for people to realize how dirty and smelly it is? Has been for years. And was the same when Joel was there before.
It's disgraceful and I'll bet Craig doesn't live in a house in that shape!
Redneck

United States

#15 Oct 11, 2008
DEM wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you say they want "that druggy type?"
Cause they will work for less pay, cant get a job anywhere else. Cheap Help
Redneck

United States

#16 Oct 11, 2008
Where ya been wrote:
Did it take Pucketts being the only store in town for people to realize how dirty and smelly it is? Has been for years. And was the same when Joel was there before.
It's disgraceful and I'll bet Craig doesn't live in a house in that shape!
You don't have to bet go take a look at it, the outside is awesome and I could only imagine the finery that decorates the inside. It's the first house on the east side of Iowa Circle. Can't miss it.
Redneck

United States

#17 Oct 11, 2008
Symbba wrote:
<quoted text>
Him and his wife work there. Real good people they are.
Joel and Laveta are the only asset Craig has in that grocery store and I bet he doesnt pay them any better than the rest of his employees.
Redneck

United States

#18 Oct 11, 2008
Basically when we all shop at Pucketts you may as well take a jar of vaseline with you and a cigarette for afterwards.
Redneck

United States

#19 Oct 11, 2008
Woops never mind I just remembered we wouldnt want a cigarette, you only want one because your satisfied, I can't remember leaving there feeling satisfied. Scratch the cigarette and just take some preperation H for afterwards.
HAD IT

United States

#20 Oct 11, 2008
I have been reading this site for sometime and I
find it to be somewhat disturbing. You guys that
write in all the time are the most negitive people
I have ever seen. I really don't know what it would take to make you happy. The only positive
person is Big Stick, it's a shame some of his positive attitue don't rub off on the rest of you. Concerning our local supermarket, I think all
of you that think it is so bad should apply for
job there, then it would be a perfect place to
shop, oops they may not hire you because to are
know to run down people, have a terrible attitude
and are so negitive. By the way when my children
have to sell items or ask for donations for school
projects, they have never been told no at the
local grocery store. Go to Elk City and see if
Wal-Mart will donate to your cause. Oh, my I forget Wal-Mart is perfect. No help and no product and wait in line for 45 minutes. They
certainly want Sayre's business but they are not
going to do anything to support your cause.
Next time I go to our local store I hope to you
guys are working, except they may not hire you
with the attitude you have . Not only are you
cutting down a business you are rude to say things
about other people, oh I forgot you are perfect
and would never call anyone bad names or make
fun of them. If Sayre people and businesses
disgust you so much, move to Elk City, we don't
need negitive like you all in our town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big ole Kelbie chestnuts 47 min Juan Carlos 1
Waste Of Time 1 hr NoFutureForThem 13
The Rolex Crowd Cut Out the Church Service on 9... 2 hr The Irony of it All 1
can anyone tell me about Justin Hardy/Blackwell? (Mar '10) 10 hr Bro 6
Trumpets 18 hr Donna 33
Sayre Eagle Football Sat Observation 10
More Bad News About Erick Public Schools (Aug '08) Oct 18 Slow down 29

Sayre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance