DPS: Authorities shoot, kill Okla. ma...

DPS: Authorities shoot, kill Okla. man after interstate chase

There are 29 comments on the Amarillo.com story from Oct 1, 2012, titled DPS: Authorities shoot, kill Okla. man after interstate chase. In it, Amarillo.com reports that:

An Oklahoma man died Sunday when authorities shot him during a confrontation with a Beckham County sheriff's deputy after the man led authorities on an interstate car chase from Oklahoma to the Texas Panhandle, Texas Department of Public Safety Trooper Daniel Hawthorne said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Amarillo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
For More Insight

United States

#1 Oct 1, 2012
Click on Full Story Amarillo Com

Since: Jun 09

Chickasha, OK

#3 Oct 2, 2012
On his wife's fb page it shows a baby picture that had been born on Saturday. Was that a relative or was his wife having the baby. If she was the one having the baby could he have possibly been trying to get to her? This story is so heart-breaking.
umm
#4 Oct 2, 2012
moodymom249 wrote:
On his wife's fb page it shows a baby picture that had been born on Saturday. Was that a relative or was his wife having the baby. If she was the one having the baby could he have possibly been trying to get to her? This story is so heart-breaking.
What baby are you talking about there is nothing on her fb about a baby!
Intresting

Hobart, OK

#6 Oct 2, 2012
Sayre

United States

#8 Oct 2, 2012
Intresting wrote:
http://amarillo.com/news/local -news/2012-10-01/dps-authoriti es-shoot-kill-okla-man-after-i nterstate-chase
I knew Gene* and he was a guy that had a big heart and loved his kid and real friends..... He was young man that was murderd and i hope justice will prevail!.........
Tanner

Elk City, OK

#9 Oct 2, 2012
moodymom249, I think she was just remembering Gene through pictures from the past and posted several pictures on Facebook.
me

Jenks, OK

#10 Oct 3, 2012
moodymom249 wrote:
Jennifer's cousin had a new baby the day before all of this happened.
Standbyer

Oklahoma City, OK

#11 Oct 6, 2012
I knew Gene* and he was a guy that had a big heart and loved his kid and real friends..... He was young man that was murderd and i hope justice will prevail!.........

You know what, if he was such a NICE YOUNG MAN, then why was he fleeing the police, resisted arrest, POINTED A GUN AT THE OFFICER, and refused to step down!

The officer had NO CHOICE!!!!
Just an Old Country Boy

Oklahoma City, OK

#12 Oct 6, 2012
You idiots are blind to the facts. It's not murder when you have upcoming trials for felonies (including domestic abuse, possession of a firearm after felony conviction), then you violate a VPO, flee police, fight with police, take an officers gun and try to kill officer. This is a good guy? If he was good to his friends I guess he treated those he didn't like crap. I think by his district court records he liked to beat up women. Yep that's a nice guy! I feel for the guy's family because he wasn't such a nice guy but I guess you would all feel everything was okay if he would of just killed the officer.
iSeedumbppl

Sayre, OK

#13 Oct 7, 2012
Please tell me how he got the cops gun when the cop shot him?? Your a f*cking idiot take a seat! And FYI just because someone f'd up in the past don't mean someone can't change! You didn't know him so quit acting like God and trying to f'n judge people. I would like to see your record! Take a seat n shut your dicksucker
Just an Old Country Boy

Oklahoma City, OK

#14 Oct 7, 2012
Yep he was arrested in September and was awaiting trial in October. Sounds like he really changed huh? He got the cops gun because he was fighting with him after being tased. So those who are calling the officer a murderer aren't passing judgement? If the man would have just stopped and taken his punishment we wouldn't be having this conversation. His wrong choice. His family is paying for it. You are a pretty good at cussing but you aren't very smart.
iSeedumbppl

Sayre, OK

#15 Oct 7, 2012
'He got the cops gun because he was fighting with him after being tased.'-Lmao please, go on about how dumb I am there tex. When clearly you have no response to what I even said! Oh so the cop shot him and killed him with his taser huh? Because he had the cops gun right? Take a seat idiot and get your facts straight to a person of even average IQ you make no damned sense. I just want to know how the cop shot him if he had the cops gun???
Just an Old Country Boy

Oklahoma City, OK

#16 Oct 8, 2012
Are you looking into the mirror when you write this stuff? Well I see I'm arguing with a person of just low to below average intelligence. You didn't respond to what I said either about the present criminal charges he was facing this very month?????? When a person changes they don't keep on repeating the same behavior. You see that is the definition for CHANGE! Since you are so dumb I will spell it out for you. Man violates protective order and someone calls police. Police respond. Man flees police all the way into Texas. Man's car is finally stopped and man starts fighting with the officer even after being tased. Man gets his hand on officer's gun trying to take it away. Man is then shot and killed during struggle over officer's gun. Man is dead. Is that simple enough for even you to understand? You need to watch COPS more often. Case closed.
iSeedumbppl

Sayre, OK

#17 Oct 8, 2012
Good job. Your story changed from he had the officers gun to he had his hand on it. So clearly your the idiot here. I'm done, your dismissed have a seat.
Just an Old Country Boy

Oklahoma City, OK

#18 Oct 8, 2012
My story never changed. You must read at a 3rd grade level. Where you jail buddies with him or something?
TAX PAYER

Youngsville, LA

#19 Oct 9, 2012
50,000 for a trial or 50 cents for a bullit.
shyanne

United States

#20 Oct 31, 2012
Im glad you all have time to sit around and try to know everything about him. He was my step dad. He had a huge heart and had a past, but that doesnt mean he had to loose his kids,wife, and family. So think before you say something that can hurt others if you dont even know him.

9-30-12<3
Informed

Houston, TX

#21 Nov 5, 2012
Sorry, but you are all uninformed morons. The deputy shot the man because he led him on a chase, resisted arrest, was still resisting/fighting after being shot with a taser, and then grabbed the deputy's gun while it was still holstered. The whole time this scuffle was going on the taser was recording audio of the scuffle and the man clearly repeatedly telling the deputy as they were wrestling over the holstered gun "you better kill me or i'm gonna kill you". Fortunately it was the deputy who got the gun. Good people arent wanted for felonies, dont resist arrest, and dont threaten to kill police officers while trying to grab their gun, all while being geetered up on drugs, which is why the taser didnt affect him. Get your story straight. Like the police or not, there is one less bad guy out there.
To_those_that_do nt_know

Lemoore, CA

#22 Nov 17, 2012
Gene was a wonderful son..in his younger days he made some stupid mistakes that he paid for..he kept out of trouble for all the years since..but there were things going on in his life that had him spiralling out of control..I am sorry that his life had to end this way and even sorrier that the officer had to use such force..A son, father, husband, brother and uncle was taken that day..Nothing good comes from someone losing their life..but no one will ever know what was going on in his mind on that day and at that time...Yes, he loved his family..but something we will never know was happening..My prayers are with those he left behind..The officer who was doing his job and felt threatened and those that really knew him....I have read the posts on this website and have been amazed how people will say things just because he had some problems..My son is resting in peace now with those that went before him..I pray that those of you who are so judgemental of others never have to experience anything like this in your life..I have always said that we will never know what was going through his mind at the time, but we loved him dearly..Those that knew him know what type of person he was, but we all know that at times things get to be too much..over the past couple of years there were some major things that occurred in our family that had a profound effect on Gene..We love him and he is missed so much by his family and friends..God bless you all..his mom..
I know

United States

#23 Nov 18, 2012
He might have been a wonderful son, father, husband, brother, uncle, or cousin but he made some really stupid decisions. One thing that did helped drive him to this point was the drugs he couldn't stay away from. Then again how could he stay away from them when his wife is a pill popper also?? That woman is also one of the biggest bitches I know. She was also sleeping around on him with like 3 different men. I can't believe she is still employed at Dr. Graham's considering what she is charged with, domestic assualt and child neglect. Not sure I would want someone like that working for me....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
According to FOX 9 hr reality 1
Dum Dum In Chief 9 hr slurppy 47
Victory At Last 9 hr Same 10
Classy Woman 9 hr Sumo 5
WTT work for paycheck 16 hr Joy Behar 7
Fake News Reporter In Chief 16 hr Joy Behar 4
China Is A Trump Supporter 16 hr Joy Behar 2

Sayre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance