Sayre's Dark Secret
Joe Valachi

Haskell, OK

#6824 Oct 11, 2013
green agate wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to make a joke about investigators finding pant remnants around someone's ankles but I'll restrain myself...
There is supposedly an unsolved mafia murder about 55-60 miles south of Foss lake at another resort called Lugert lake. The bullet riddled corpse of a man named Jack Zangretti (sic?) was found floating in the water. He was supposedly silenced because of his knowledge of the JFK assasination.
43years

Oklahoma City, OK

#6825 Oct 11, 2013
Sherlock wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. I guess it would depend on how much one friend trusted the other's driving ability. A teenager's libido and their desire to copulate could also be a factor. This is all speculation based on Jimmy not being the driver. If he was driving, then it would be irrelevant. Also, one of the male occupants may have gotten in the back in an attempt to kick out the back glass. There are so many different scenarios that one could envision......
So true, and probably one that will never be answered. It will be interesting to see if Jimmy was the driver, only because it was his car.
43years

Oklahoma City, OK

#6826 Oct 11, 2013
I find it interesting that people jump on here and make snarky irrelevant comments or call others morons if they don't agree with a comment. I guess I should preface each of my comments that it is merely that, or something seen in the paper that has been printed. Personally, I take everything with a grain of salt that is reported by anybody or any newspaper. As is so abundantly clear on here, we all get things wrong. I consider this forum a platform in which to discuss this case with other people who are truly interested in what has happened and possible scenarios that could have occurred. For instance, I had not thought about the possibility that one of the guys could have climbed into the back seat to try to kick oult the window. While not proven, it is a possibility. Again, I don't take anything as gospel, here or in the papers, and would hope others don't as well.
STaaty

Elk City, OK

#6827 Oct 11, 2013
Sherlock wrote:
<quoted text>
The Oklahoma medical examiner has determined the driver of a 1969 blue Camaro was a male teenager, and the remains of two persons found in the back seat were those of a female teenager and another male teenager, said Amy Elliott, chief administrative officer for the medical examiner's office..........
Maybe the lovebirds were in the back seat, while Thomas was driving. If he was unfamiliar with the car, he may have lost control. I don't know. I'm just speculating. Surely the DNA results will eventually ascertain who was where.
It's hard for me to believe Jimmy would have let Thomas drive his new car. Someone awhile back talked about the air pocket. If someone went from the front to the back to the air pocket I can believe that. I can also see someone moving around to try and get a door or window open. It's not impossible that they were dumped in the car. There are things we will probably never know - not even when all the reports are in.
popnews

Elk City, OK

#6828 Oct 11, 2013
Joe Valachi wrote:
<quoted text>
There is supposedly an unsolved mafia murder about 55-60 miles south of Foss lake at another resort called Lugert lake. The bullet riddled corpse of a man named Jack Zangretti (sic?) was found floating in the water. He was supposedly silenced because of his knowledge of the JFK assasination.
Is this true or a joke?
43years

Oklahoma City, OK

#6829 Oct 11, 2013
popnews wrote:
<quoted text>Is this true or a joke?
I haven't heard anything relating to that.
Sherlock

United States

#6830 Oct 11, 2013
popnews wrote:
I googled Zangretti & Lugert lake, and some info does pop up. I would like to hear from any old timers that remember the incident, or maybe someone remembers hearing their parents discuss it.
green agate

Mansfield, MA

#6831 Oct 11, 2013
Joe Valachi wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting, but what has that to do with a car full of teens driving into a lake?

Not sure what your thoughts are...
Mobster Lobster

United States

#6832 Oct 11, 2013
The story goes that Jack Zangretti predicted to some friends at his motel restaurant business at Lugert Lake, Oklahoma that Jack Ruby would kill Oswald and then there would be a kidnapping of a member of the Sinatra family to draw attention away from the JFK assasination.

Sure enough, Jack Ruby did his deed and then Frank Sinatra Jr. was kidnapped on a Sunday (December 8 1963), just over 2 weeks after the assassination of the President. Two men, Barry Worthington Keenan, and Joseph Clyde Amsler knocked on the door at Frank Jr's HarrahÂ’s Lodge in Reno Nevada. Frank was having dinner with Joe Foss, a member of the Tommy Dorsey Orchestra.

Joe FOSS?! Holy shit, there IS a connection! Call CNN, QUICK!
green agate

Mansfield, MA

#6833 Oct 12, 2013
Was this included in the multi page letter about the missing teens/mob connection that Sharon sent to the police?

They'll be pulling that letter out at police Christmas parties for years.
L Sweeny aka A Sharon

United States

#6834 Oct 12, 2013
Us cop groupies sit by our police band scanners 24/7 dreaming of a chance to crack the big case that draws the undying admiration of all who protect and serve.
43years

Oklahoma City, OK

#6835 Oct 12, 2013
Here's something to ponder: In an interview on KOCO 5 out of OKC, they did an interview with Jana Beck who says that she was Jimmy's girlfriend at the time. He had asked her to go out that night but her father had said no. Yet, Leah's aunt is saying that Leah was seeing Jimmy. Maybe he was seeing both girls? Just interesting what they dig up and who says what.
Play the Field

United States

#6836 Oct 12, 2013
A 16 year old boy dating more than one girl at a time? How could this important detail have been missed? It's the key to everything!
observant

Elk City, OK

#6837 Oct 12, 2013
There was also another interview that a girl named Cindy said she was his girlfriend, so there two girls and one aunt saying the same thing. I wonder if his family knew who his girlfriend actually was?
Jimmy Joe

United States

#6838 Oct 12, 2013
Play the Field wrote:
A 16 year old boy dating more than one girl at a time? How could this important detail have been missed? It's the key to everything!
Hit and run that turned into murder?
Tom

Goodlettsville, TN

#6839 Oct 12, 2013
Aliens? Native Americans? Drug cartels? White slavery rings? Ha! You have all missed the real culprit. It was a week before Thanksgiving, he had guns in his car and had said he might go turkey hunting. Obviously, the turkeys got him first. Beware, residents of Sayre! When you hear a distant "gobble" somewhere out there in the dark, bolt your doors and hide the kids! The turkeys are out there, they know about that Butterball in your freezer, and they are bent on revenge!
Festus

United States

#6840 Oct 12, 2013
All o' them thar jealous girlfriends plotted this whole thing out, dontchyasee? We orter brang all of 'em into the marshall's office for questionin' and a cup o' my three day old coffee. That'll make 'em squeal like a stuck hawg tryin to outrun a empty meat wagon, ah garuntee ya' that, yesiree!
Jfklol

United States

#6841 Oct 13, 2013
popnews wrote:
Absolutely true. I read on another Topix Forum. Someone mentioned helacopters in the area at night back in the 70's. Oswald dod not act alone.
finished

Elk City, OK

#6842 Oct 13, 2013
Tragedy. Just like tragedies in other families, sometimes you just don't know the details.
nothing but the truth

United States

#6843 Oct 13, 2013
In early summer 1962, a kid from Sayre, Oklahoma wrote an eloquent love letter to Norma Jeane. JFK found and read it unaware it was written by an eight year old boy. Insanely jealous, he ordered the letter writer killed by CIA operatives. Those operatives could not be stopped even after Norma and JFK were killed. Eight years later, the two passengers in the Camaro were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sayre Eagle Football Sucks 4 min Parents 18
Jason dowler 21 hr Yes 6
Houses robbed 22 hr Agree 24
let's talk about these shootings Sun humansRmeanies 2
horrible people Sep 23 why 1
Car Accident Sep 23 maybeshady 2
Sayre Eagle Football - Same old Shit Different ... (Aug '11) Sep 22 Observer 134

Sayre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sayre Mortgages