Sayre's Dark Secret
close to home

Yukon, OK

#5771 Aug 10, 2012
405jdg1018 wrote:
Back in the 70's B.T.Goines was Sheriff, after Howard Sampier and before Scott Jay!
wow thats cool for the info. I still think the kids ran across somthing in Sayre that should not have. It took some people really big to cover up this long. Also I think it ties into insurance fraud from religous owned nursing home at the time, kick backs from drugs that were funnled threw churches, and other bussiness. Who would ever think to question people so high in the community. They would never do anything bad, lol. PURE EVIL.

Since: Jun 11

Clinton, OK

#5772 Aug 11, 2012
this to Question: In 1970 Grand Place Nursing Home was known as Towne Hall Estates! Sayre Concept Housing was not built until 1984 or 85! The place they now stand was then still the sale barn grounds! I lived in thebrick house that sits on the corner of 2nd and Grand Avenue!That house was built in 1980! We lived there for 3 years! Mr. Brimer had his horses south of us! So, I know for sure that Concept housing was not there then!

Clinton, OK

#5773 Aug 11, 2012
bill dean wrote:
<quoted text>the sheriff was howard sampier, i don't recall johnny wayne being sheriff,there was everitt hacker right after him
In 1975 B.T. Goines was sheriff of Beckham County, so he was most likely sheriff when these kids disappeared! His deputies were Ruby Allan, Everett Hacker, Dean Smith, Billy Redmon, Billy Putman and Earnest Roles was one also! There also was the jailer, I can't remember his name! He was from Erick! There were probably a couple more I don't recall!
Old dog

Earlsboro, OK

#5774 Aug 11, 2012
This happen in 1970 and i think B.T. Goins was sheriff then and a Guy with the last name of Dickerson was undersheriff.
close to home

Yukon, OK

#5775 Aug 11, 2012
405jdg1018 wrote:
this to Question: In 1970 Grand Place Nursing Home was known as Towne Hall Estates! Sayre Concept Housing was not built until 1984 or 85! The place they now stand was then still the sale barn grounds! I lived in thebrick house that sits on the corner of 2nd and Grand Avenue!That house was built in 1980! We lived there for 3 years! Mr. Brimer had his horses south of us! So, I know for sure that Concept housing was not there then!
yes I'm talking about Town Hall Estates, I worked there with other famliy members. Plus a LPN Jack Wadell, who was a close friend of my mother's, he is the one that told her things, going on. She was getting ready to blow the lid off of Sayre, maybe about kids,maybe about the things jack told her what was going down, that could put some people in a bad light. She was scared, and told she would be killed if she told what she knew. Well guess what she turned up dead, as did Jack Wadell.
real-time

Elk City, OK

#5776 Aug 11, 2012
close to home wrote:
<quoted text>yes I'm talking about Town Hall Estates, I worked there with other famliy members. Plus a LPN Jack Wadell, who was a close friend of my mother's, he is the one that told her things, going on. She was getting ready to blow the lid off of Sayre, maybe about kids,maybe about the things jack told her what was going down, that could put some people in a bad light. She was scared, and told she would be killed if she told what she knew. Well guess what she turned up dead, as did Jack Wadell.
I was a kid in 75. Even the kids knew that when it came to drugs, you kept your mouth shut or something bad could happen. We were scared. I was scared. It was something evil that lurked about. I was naive and sheltered, but I knew I was not to see or say anything - ever - because you never knew ... Mark this as nuts, but it's true. I lived it, and I still want to know what happened to Jimmy.

Clinton, OK

#5777 Aug 13, 2012
pluto wrote:
<quoted text>I remember, it was just not a big issue. Runaways period. I don't believe it for an instant. I can't believe a big Camaro wouldn't show up when the river was dry. I think someone needed a get away car and took them out of state. Police dropped the ball. They do that sometimes when they don't have a clue.
.........The Red River has pockets of quick sand in different spots! So if the Camaro is in there it would have sunk plum out of sight! There is a whole train down deep in that river, still fully loaded!

Clinton, OK

#5778 Aug 13, 2012
Old dog wrote:
This happen in 1970 and i think B.T. Goins was sheriff then and a Guy with the last name of Dickerson was undersheriff.
..........Billy Redmon was undersheriff for B.T. Goines!

Clinton, OK

#5779 Aug 13, 2012
405jdg1018 wrote:
<quoted text>.........The Red River has pockets of quick sand in different spots! So if the Camaro is in there it would have sunk plum out of sight! There is a whole train down deep in that river, still fully loaded!
.......The river would be the best place to hide anything! Especially if you never want it found!
former eagle

United States

#5780 Aug 21, 2012
I grew up in sayre and graduated from sayre in 99'. I have never heard anything about a fully loaded train buried up in the river.
Please inform me bout it

Clinton, OK

#5781 Aug 22, 2012
So It Goes wrote:
Some of you people are really blind or don’t know your history . This part of Oklahoma was given to outlaws for a pardon after the dust boll days . There was very little law . The stories are fantastic to read about . Even in the movie “young guns” it talks about a ranch just right out side Elk where billy the kid stayed . There was 2 children dropped off at a farm near Elk or old Doxie these kids were my great great aunts kids by machine gun kelly . Bell Star lived north of town . Frank James had a hid out over by spring creek .. There was a man in Elk that played poker with President Kennedy and the mob … This whole western part of Okla was founded on lawlessness and it ended up I guess you could say Mobish ..LOL .. Why do you people find this hard to believe .. Yes there are a lot of very good older people here but they came from bad blood .. Lol .. There has been unsolved murders and disappearances since the early 1900 . There is a web site you can go to that list 100’s of these .. People don’t talk about it or didn’t talk about it because in polite society one just doesn’t , as the years went by others have risen above it and refuse to talk .. Its just that we are the last generation that can ask about all of it . When we are gone there will be no one else left to ask and wonder about these things .. As for myself I would like to know more .. Why ?? Just curious nothing can be done about it now .. Nothing can change it now .. And there is no one that can pay for the wrongs now .. As far as those kids and the RN and my dear friends Mother these are ones that might could still be more out there about .. Oh Yes people the stories are true .. But why do you think it is so bad ?? Not everyone around here lived a life like Christ .. That’s what ya would just like to think so that puts you in the BLIND category and refuse to think different .. People like you are the reason these things have never been solved .. Go to your corners now and make believe its all bull…
Would you please tell the web site you referred to? I would like to check this web site out! Thank you!

Since: May 09

United States

#5784 Nov 8, 2012
Black sheep wrote:
Your getting colder my friend !!!!!
Yes colder they are getting ..(You)- The one that acts or does know something … See what you think of this one …. The car was driven out of Sayre by a man from Hobert Okla. It was then pushed off into a river that runs for miles and miles around the Markham Ferry area … By now the car could have been pushed almost anywhere in that very large area .. Almost imposible to find it now … 2 of the kids might have been in the trunk …. 1 maybe buried in Hammon …. Or the car and all 3 ARE buried in Hammon …. And that is the facts … That is not a guess …. No Mr. what ya gotta say to that one ???

United States

#5785 Nov 8, 2012
The Real Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
I am from Clinton and highly believe in the corruption. Trust me it was not/is not just in sayre. All of these counties are corrupt beyond belief. The girl I have been search for many years now is a mother of 3. They know who killed her. They have evidence of the murder and where it took place. Was there ever an arrest? No. He now has custody of one of her three children. It's sickening to think the family's of both these 3 kids and also the girl I have been looking for have to suffer and wonder. OSBI has been on my girls case and that has been a joke..... The agent is from Cordell and I could go on forever about his corrupt ways. It's sad how we have good law enforcement here but many are corrupt or turn their head so therefore it makes many look bad. Everyone is in cahoots with everyone. That how our small town communities unfortunately are.... As for the car in may be in lake Hudson that Sharon posted about... Very sad to say but it was not found in the search law enforcement did looking for it a few years back....They used new sonar equipment... Keep looking and never give up. If we won't be the voice for those who are missing then who will?
I am sorry about your missing person .. And yes you are correct at the start of this I did have a closed mind , but I have found out a ton of things since then ... Home grown girl's Mother is a total different case ... All the other mob and crap like that is also not part of this ... Those kids more or less were just in the wrong place at the wrong time add in a very angry person or 2 and you have the story ... I do not know if they will ever be found , nor for that fact if any missing adults will be since funding has all but vanished ... Yet there is always hope ..
Home Grown Girl

Yukon, OK

#5786 Nov 8, 2012
Yes always hope.
Black sheep

United States

#5787 Nov 8, 2012
Hope is a word used for letting sleeping dog's lie,
As i said before, leave it alone !!!!!
No good will come of this
Home Grown Girl

Yukon, OK

#5788 Nov 9, 2012
We will never give up, these dogs are not sleeping. Famliys need closer and peace for their loved ones. That would be a good thing!!! Coming up on the anniversary this month the last time kids were seen. They must not be forgotten. All of us that want answers will not be in vain.
really

United States

#5789 Nov 9, 2012
Come on, somebody grow a pair and step up. These people have a right to know the truth. Why is this town so full of followers?
Hyena

Erick, OK

#5790 Nov 9, 2012
Small towns are always full of dirty little secrets. And I bet those who know will take the secrets to their graves.

United States

#5791 Nov 10, 2012
really wrote:
Come on, somebody grow a pair and step up. These people have a right to know the truth. Why is this town so full of followers?
What I posted is as close to the truth as it can get . I did not add the names of the people , they have been dead for several years now, but they do have family . I do not want to offend them or hurt them in anyway . Think about it if you found out that when you was a small child your Dad , Brother , Cousin ect. had killed 3 kids or knew about 3 kids being killed and did nothing . Tho one point I would like to make is the area in Hammon Okla. it would be nice if that place could be dug up and eliminated or maybe even find them or the car . I have no idea how to get that done nor does anyone I have talked to theses last few years ..

United States

#5792 Nov 10, 2012
I am moving out of Okla. before the end of the year so I am no longer worried about someone coming after me or my family . Wasn't that worried to start with none the less I might post the names of the persons that it seems were really involved .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Value of Rarity 10 hr Estee Lauder 2
Escaped inmate Sun As I see it 3
No HS Baseball Team Sun dailydose 3
No Sayre Softball Either Mar 25 As I see it 1
what the heck mr mayor (Mar '15) Mar 23 mytwosense 73
News Sayre prison riot yields 2,700-page report; cha... (May '12) Mar 23 mytwosense 5
Shots fired at 66. (May '16) Mar 22 geezh 27

Sayre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sayre Mortgages