Sayre's Dark Secret
Sharon

United States

#5012 Oct 28, 2009
NOTE THIS PART ........

Williams also was told one day about five months ago that his brother’s disappearance came up in internet conversation on a site known as “Topics.”
Williams checked out the web site and, since that time, there have been 4,500 posts on the disappearance of the three Sayre teens - almost 40 years ago.
“There’s lots of misinformation in there and everyone has a theory about what happened,” said Williams, who noted that the Sayre newspaper did one story about the missing teens 39 years ago and the Daily Oklahoman did a follow-up 14 months later. And he said that has been the entirety of the media coverage of this case.
“It didn’t bother me all that much because at least people were talking about it and that puts it on the forefront.
“With people talking about it, the kids aren’t forgotten - and I think somebody out there knows something,” said Williams.
Williams is offering a $5,000 reward for information leading to the recovery of the blue Camaro with white top. The VIN number is #124379L517123 and the tag number on the vehicle was BK 3610.
“If we find the car the dominoes may start to fall,” said Williams.
Sharon

United States

#5013 Oct 28, 2009
AND THIS SAID IT ALL ... HE IS RIGHT THERE IS SOMEONE THAT KNOWS AND ITS TIME TO SPEAK OUT .... PLEASE !!

"With people talking about it, the kids aren’t forgotten - and I think somebody out there knows something,” said Williams.
Sharon

United States

#5014 Oct 28, 2009
MOODY MOM ----- On a weekend nights in 1970 how many cars were running up and down the drag ??

Wasn't the hang outs at the Sonic , The Old place where pucketts is now , the bowling alley , Around the show and around the football field if there was a game ???

Oh and the park ???

Where did they drag race ???

Where did kids go to party out in the country or go parking ????

And on Monday at school didn't everyone like to talk about what they saw , did , heard or make fun of someone that did something stupid ????

In 1970 wasn't it hard to keep anything quite cause there was always someone that saw it ????

( I am asking you cause you was a teen then and know the answers )
Sharon

United States

#5015 Oct 28, 2009
Please answer those for me ...

My point is there is no way some one does not know .. Immposible ...
Sharon

United States

#5016 Oct 28, 2009
Always Sharon wrote:
MOODY MOM ----- On a weekend nights in 1970 how many cars were running up and down the drag ??
Wasn't the hang outs at the Sonic , The Old place where pucketts is now , the bowling alley , Around the show and around the football field if there was a game ???
Oh and the park ???
Where did they drag race ???
Where did kids go to party out in the country or go parking ????
And on Monday at school didn't everyone like to talk about what they saw , did , heard or make fun of someone that did something stupid ????
In 1970 wasn't it hard to keep anything quite cause there was always someone that saw it ????
( I am asking you cause you was a teen then and know the answers )
In 1970 the streets were packed in Sayre. On the drag, you were almost bumper to bumper and you honked at everyone you knew - or wanted to know. There were lots of kids from surrounding towns - even Elk City. The drag was: U in front of court house, right at the light going north, around the Sonic - continue north circle what used to be Dairy Mart, start back toward Main, circle Sonic, turn right at the light, U on west Main sometimes right and out through the park, back to town, right at the light and repeat....at least that's the way I remember it. Everyone knew who was on the drag. It was like facebook.... a few went to Elk to drag - but not many. Parking was usually out west of town on a hill, but I'm sure there were lots of places. The girls knew everyone who had been in town that weekend. Lots of kids from Berlin, Carter and Sweetwater came. Hard to believe Sayre was so busy. Was there a dance that night at the Legion Hut?
Sharon

United States

#5017 Oct 28, 2009
That messed up sorry
Sharon

United States

#5018 Oct 28, 2009
Quote from WELL

"In 1970 the streets were packed in Sayre. On the drag, you were almost bumper to bumper and you honked at everyone you knew - or wanted to know. There were lots of kids from surrounding towns - even Elk City. The drag was: U in front of court house, right at the light going north, around the Sonic - continue north circle what used to be Dairy Mart, start back toward Main, circle Sonic, turn right at the light, U on west Main sometimes right and out through the park, back to town, right at the light and repeat....at least that's the way I remember it. Everyone knew who was on the drag. It was like facebook.... a few went to Elk to drag - but not many. Parking was usually out west of town on a hill, but I'm sure there were lots of places. The girls knew everyone who had been in town that weekend. Lots of kids from Berlin, Carter and Sweetwater came. Hard to believe Sayre was so busy. Was there a dance that night at the Legion Hut?"
Sharon

United States

#5019 Oct 28, 2009
Quote from BILL "

several places to grag race, north by the old airport, cemetary road ,the river bridge going south,west at the top of the hill by the scrap iron,i remember one sat. nite the night watchman blocked trafic while i raced another car from out of town, one time we busted off right in front of the highschool at lunch hour, you should have seen the size of the kids eyes "
Sharon

United States

#5020 Oct 28, 2009
QUOTE FROM MOODY MOM

"On Friday & Saturday nights it wasn't unusual to see cars bunper to bumper dragging Main.

Hang-outs were all the places you mentioned but there was also Dairy Mart, Main Street(in general), friend's houses, Teen Town, Cry-Baby Bridge, the park, the list goes on and on ...

Drag races, that I was involved in, was mostly out west on 152.(Burned a lot of rubber off of my dad's car out there.) Cemetery Rd. was another favorite. Out by Fuch's place (Butcher Boy) was another favorite because of all the sand. Guys really liked to slide around out there.

Partying & parking were several places. Salt plant, park, off of pioneer in Elk (if you could be quiet enough that the old farmer wouldn't shoot buck-shot at you), the river, Dead Indian Lake, again the list goes on & on...

Something that hasn't been mentioned and I don't think it pertains to this case but there was a group of the rowdy boys that considered themselves gang-bangers. A few of the girls, even some of the popular ones, got caught and we won't say what that gang did to them.

Yes, Monday mornings would be a buzz of gossip about who went with who and what they did. The gang bragged about their antics too. I am just thankful I never got caught in their little bang parties.

I do know this much, Jimmy loved his family and would never leave without calling them or letting them know something. He was rowdy and loved to race his car but he was a good kid. I wonder sometimes if I am not the girl they were talking about in the other Dark Secrets topic because they had asked me to go with them but my dad came after me and he wouldn't let me go.

I wish I could remember more and I hope more people will come forward with their stories of the past and there might be a break-through.

Keep me posted on the Nov. 20th event and let me know if I can help."

Since: May 09

United States

#5021 Oct 28, 2009
QUOTE FROM MOODY MOM "On Friday & Saturday nights it wasn't unusual to see cars bunper to bumper dragging Main.
Hang-outs were all the places you mentioned but there was also Dairy Mart, Main Street(in general), friend's houses, Teen Town, Cry-Baby Bridge, the park, the list goes on and on ...
Drag races, that I was involved in, was mostly out west on 152.(Burned a lot of rubber off of my dad's car out there.) Cemetery Rd. was another favorite. Out by Fuch's place (Butcher Boy) was another favorite because of all the sand. Guys really liked to slide around out there.
Partying & parking were several places. Salt plant, park, off of pioneer in Elk (if you could be quiet enough that the old farmer wouldn't shoot buck-shot at you), the river, Dead Indian Lake, again the list goes on & on...
Something that hasn't been mentioned and I don't think it pertains to this case but there was a group of the rowdy boys that considered themselves gang-bangers. A few of the girls, even some of the popular ones, got caught and we won't say what that gang did to them.
Yes, Monday mornings would be a buzz of gossip about who went with who and what they did. The gang bragged about their antics too. I am just thankful I never got caught in their little bang parties.
I do know this much, Jimmy loved his family and would never leave without calling them or letting them know something. He was rowdy and loved to race his car but he was a good kid. I wonder sometimes if I am not the girl they were talking about in the other Dark Secrets topic because they had asked me to go with them but my dad came after me and he wouldn't let me go.
I wish I could remember more and I hope more people will come forward with their stories of the past and there might be a break-through.
Keep me posted on the Nov. 20th event and let me know if I can help."

Since: May 09

United States

#5022 Oct 28, 2009
Now someone tell me that no one saw anything ...

Hey .. Not much changed from 1970 to 1975 ..
well

Yukon, OK

#5023 Oct 29, 2009
WELL? great thread. good thing its back..lol
weareforittobego ld

Yukon, OK

#5024 Oct 30, 2009
anything new?
suttlebug

Yukon, OK

#5025 Oct 30, 2009
NO

Since: Jun 09

United States

#5026 Nov 1, 2009
November 1st!!!

19 more days and what is planned???

Come on everyone!! Let's not make this fizzle out for the sake of these kids!!!

Don't wait until the last minute and think it will fall into place. This is Sayre America, we need it planned and organized this week to do it right.

Oops, that was a bit harsh but we need it organized. Where do we stand?? Is anybody working on media, place, etc.??

Sharon, we need you to appoint each one of us a task so we can pull this off right. If we all just get on topix and say "we can talk to this one" and "go do that" then time will pass and nothing will be done.

Let me know something, please!!!!
Intrigued from Texas

Eureka, CA

#5027 Nov 1, 2009
moodymom249 wrote:
November 1st!!!
19 more days and what is planned???
Come on everyone!! Let's not make this fizzle out for the sake of these kids!!!
Don't wait until the last minute and think it will fall into place. This is Sayre America, we need it planned and organized this week to do it right.
Oops, that was a bit harsh but we need it organized. Where do we stand?? Is anybody working on media, place, etc.??
Sharon, we need you to appoint each one of us a task so we can pull this off right. If we all just get on topix and say "we can talk to this one" and "go do that" then time will pass and nothing will be done.
Let me know something, please!!!!
I am here ready to help too. I have made arrangements to be off so I can get to Sayre in time to help more. Let's get organized and make this happen. Sharon email me and let me know what you want me to do. Anyone wanting to help out, please contact Sharon. I am like MoodyMom...let's get this done for the kids....Jimmy, Thomas, and Leah. Their families deserve to know that we do really care. The calendar is inline with 1970...let's take this sign as a means to recognize these kids in the way they so deserve.
well

United States

#5028 Nov 1, 2009
Weird....what does that mean the calendar in inline with 1970? The 20th falls on same night?
curious

Elk City, OK

#5029 Nov 2, 2009
has any one heard from the boy from sayre or girl from hammon i think there name is ta'ah and dakota
curious

Elk City, OK

#5030 Nov 2, 2009
Home Grown Girl wrote:
<quoted text> What do you remmber of this Bill?
h3y do u no any thing about the girl ta;ah from hammon or dakota from sayre that ran away

Since: Jun 09

United States

#5031 Nov 2, 2009
curious wrote:
<quoted text> h3y do u no any thing about the girl ta;ah from hammon or dakota from sayre that ran away
They are back with their families unless they ran away again this weekend. There is another thread about them if you check.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sayre Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ashley woods 3 hr Delbert McFarland 10
Josh louis? 10 hr DDD 4
Who's in charge of the District 2 Drug Task For... (May '12) 11 hr Batman 12
Matney Carwash 19 hr lol 2
Kelbie Naked 19 hr Delbert McFarland 9
Chantell is pregnant again 19 hr Delbert McFarland 6
Drive n go 19 hr Delbert McFarland 7

Sayre Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance