Court Log

There are 8 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Sep 30, 2009, titled Court Log. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

Lily Joseph, 25, of Saxtons River, had her attorney enter an appearance for her in Windham District Court Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

correction please

Bellows Falls, VT

#1 Oct 1, 2009
I cannot help but to respond to the article about said Michael A. Boyd, as the story is written, and read further, the "writer", "reformer staff", went and totally mixed up the name of the said accused, and continued instead by saying that Murano,( officer who responed and was spit on), and put him in as the one as the person who was the one who was convicted in the past on his second DUI, only to have his probation continued, with no changes to the conditions, but again, states the wrong name again, still not realizing the mistake to say the least, to say about his most recent being charged for violating those conditions. Hello?????!!!!!I know no one is perfect, but does the reformer not have articles proof read???.. I would say that OFFICER Matthew Murano, to say the least is due an apoligy, not to mention having it corrected ASAP....Please, it's bad enough that so many of those that are repeat offenders keep getting a slap on the hand, and are given the chances over an over again to harm again, that's far too lengthy to even begin to bring up,...that is most times a senseless battle,..but in the least a correction and perhaps more careful with what is going to be put out in print.
thanks, do and did not want to cause a whole on-going with those whom might have perhaps something they feel totally different about it, but I felt at least I would like to bring it to the "staffs" attention, pride, hard work, and dignity is hard enough to receive especially in a job in which most are looked at as the 'bad guys/women...it's hard for anyone..not just written wrong once..but to continue on about it leaving out the actual person "accused"..
thank you, and thank you to Officer Murano.
Brian in Massachusetts

Milford, MA

#2 Oct 1, 2009
The third story listed above concerning Michael Boyd of Wilmington is incorrect. Your editor missed the obvious fact that the writer swicthed the two primary personalities in the middle of the report; it was NOT Officer Murano who violated his probation. It was NOT Officer Murano who was found guilty by Judge Karen Carroll. It was NOT Officer Murano who was charged with Violation of Conditions of Release. All of those events involved Michael A. Boyd, the bad guy. He did those things, NOT Officer Murano. Let's get it right people! Officer Murano's health is put at risk by Michael Boyd and your reporter can't seem to get the story correct.
Notafan

Jersey City, NJ

#3 Oct 1, 2009
Reformer staff really needs to proof read before they send them to print. The article about Michael Boyd refers to Officer Murano as violating his probation.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 1, 2009
correction please wrote:
I cannot help but to respond to the article about said Michael A. Boyd, as the story is written, and read further, the "writer", "reformer staff", went and totally mixed up the name of the said accused, and continued instead by saying that Murano,( officer who responed and was spit on), and put him in as the one as the person who was the one who was convicted in the past on his second DUI, only to have his probation continued, with no changes to the conditions, but again, states the wrong name again, still not realizing the mistake to say the least, to say about his most recent being charged for violating those conditions. Hello?????!!!!!I know no one is perfect, but does the reformer not have articles proof read???.. I would say that OFFICER Matthew Murano, to say the least is due an apoligy, not to mention having it corrected ASAP....Please, it's bad enough that so many of those that are repeat offenders keep getting a slap on the hand, and are given the chances over an over again to harm again, that's far too lengthy to even begin to bring up,...that is most times a senseless battle,..but in the least a correction and perhaps more careful with what is going to be put out in print.
thanks, do and did not want to cause a whole on-going with those whom might have perhaps something they feel totally different about it, but I felt at least I would like to bring it to the "staffs" attention, pride, hard work, and dignity is hard enough to receive especially in a job in which most are looked at as the 'bad guys/women...it's hard for anyone..not just written wrong once..but to continue on about it leaving out the actual person "accused"..
thank you, and thank you to Officer Murano.
It would seem they have retracted the story as I do not see any such article.
Liberian

Springfield, MA

#5 Oct 1, 2009
Easy enough to remove from the Web site ... not so easy to remove from 9,000 papers.
NICK M

Craftsbury, VT

#6 Oct 1, 2009
The Lily Joseph story was funny to and maybe next time the Joesph family should buy only local farm fresh home grown Vermont products.
correction please

Bellows Falls, VT

#7 Oct 2, 2009
"Liberian', you are so correct, and yes, "vermont citizen you as well as far as the "online" story. Its good to know other people care about what is printed, rather, "misprinted", in papers, as well as said on the news. Thank you," Brian", I forgot to mention how Officer Murano's life was and could still be at risk, thank you for making that more clear. I myself did not go and buy the paper today, I was too saddend, and frustrated, and actually did not want to see so soon another missed, not profed read article. I can be fairly sure thought, as the time I had read it "on-line", tht not only were the papers already done in ink, but sent to be sold and read by too many others. I will at least look at the paper in the store today, and only hope there is not only a correction,(as small and mostly missed as they usually are), but that Officer Murano is given his due apoligy...even if it comes late, peoples lives, and jobs can so easily be turned upside down by someone rushing and not paying enough attention to their job...not to mention alone the concern he must be having on being spit on by someone who should not have been given so easily the chance to have done so. Sure our prisons are over crowed, so we just pick the select few, while the rest just continue to hurt, and be able to be a threat. Such comfort....
Tammy

Corvallis, OR

#8 Oct 8, 2009
I live in Oregon and it did not surprise me at all that this woman had pot delivered to her door. I was born and raised in Vermont but have lived in Oregon for 30 years. I see your reported crime back there and it is nothing compared to the Eugene/Springfield Oregon area and many other Oregon areas. The drugs out here are out of control especially the meth. A person has to LOCK EVERYTHING up or it will be stolen.
I know you all have crime back there but at least you can live a fairly decent life. Here in Oregon the crime is fueled by addictions and it is not a nice state anymore. Many don't feel safe. Gotta love the New England States! Maybe it is time to move back there! And yes, Oregon grows some of the finest pot.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saxtons River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sexual Abuse Lawsuit: Federal court dismisses c... (Apr '17) Jun '17 red blood relative 89
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) Dec '16 Long Island Liberal 10
Vermont State Police warn to stay out of Saxton... (Nov '16) Nov '16 openmind693 1
News Payments promised town residents if voters OK w... (Nov '16) Nov '16 Rex James 1
News Police Log (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News Kindle Farm teacher awarded $25,000 (Oct '08) Mar '15 Toni 18

Saxtons River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saxtons River Mortgages