Moore looks to Statehouse, faces Demo...

Moore looks to Statehouse, faces Democratic duo

There are 24 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Sep 25, 2010, titled Moore looks to Statehouse, faces Democratic duo. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

A political newcomer is challenging two of the county's long-serving Democratic incumbents in a three-way race this November for a pair of Windham District-4 seats.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“figuresdontlie*l iarscanfigure”

Since: Feb 10

S. Londonderry VT

#22 Oct 13, 2010
Deployed in Afghanistan wrote:
<quoted text>
Renting to welfare recipients is guaranteed money in the bank. No worry about rent money, the state check goes straight to the landlord.
I don't think this is true. Section 8 is a certificate subsidy. There is a long waiting list, like years I think. The check goes to landlord but does not cover everything. There is usually also a copay from renter. The housing must pass rigorous standards to be accepted & yearly inspections.

There is such thing as section 8 housing, all if not most are apartment complexes. These also typically have long waiting lists. These are housing units which also are subsidized w/renter paying a certain amount. It is based on income of all occupants & family size.

The republican politicians in VT that I am aware of are far rightwingers & represent the worst element of the party & exist solely to advance corporate interests & help their wealthy friends to the detriment of the rest of the state: small business, middle class, working poor, elderly & all the rest.

Dubie is a George W Bush republican, early in the campaign had a meeting w/him thereby visibly supporting the same type of agenda.

Favors dumping $40 million in general fund liabilities onto property taxes, therby raising property taxes for all homeowners & small business. This would affect renters as well.

He also favors getting rid of income sensitivity & cutting taxes for the 1300 wealthiest VTers, those w/incomes of $250,000.00 & up.

Dubie the lying scumbag even has the gall to say 'VT property taxes', as well as other taxes highest in nation. A deceptive claim for one thing while failing to also claim he favors cutting taxes only for the wealthy & raising everyone elses to pay for it.

The rest of VTers will pay for all this. Douglas clone will continue his ruinous agenda.
Capt Morancy

Windsor, CT

#23 Oct 13, 2010
Dubie wont win
For Windham

Saxtons River, VT

#24 Oct 31, 2010
what the wrote:
Daddy, next week I want to be president
This is ridiculous - there should be an 18 + age limit to post on here to limit us to educated comments only. Comments like this belong on facebook, not an online new forum. If you know anything about Steve Moore, you wouldn't make that comment.
HEY

Wallingford, VT

#25 Nov 2, 2010
Did someone strike a nerve
For Windham wrote:
<quoted text>
This is ridiculous - there should be an 18 + age limit to post on here to limit us to educated comments only. Comments like this belong on facebook, not an online new forum. If you know anything about Steve Moore, you wouldn't make that comment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saxtons River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) 15 hr Chika 9
Vermont State Police warn to stay out of Saxton... Nov 20 openmind693 1
News Payments promised town residents if voters OK w... Nov '16 Rex James 1
News Police Log (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News Kindle Farm teacher awarded $25,000 (Oct '08) Mar '15 Toni 18
News Protest planned at Santa's Land over animals (May '14) May '14 Flat Lander 1

Saxtons River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saxtons River Mortgages