Former Saxtons River Sandri station f...

Former Saxtons River Sandri station finally gone

There are 30 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Jun 4, 2010, titled Former Saxtons River Sandri station finally gone. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

As crews remove the last few pieces of the former Sandri gas station in downtown Saxtons River, village officials are starting to contemplate how to rebuild the new site.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jamie

Detroit, MI

#1 Jun 4, 2010
There will be more horn honking when that selectboard member steps down Monday and don't look to Rockingham for 1 thin dime we don't have it.
Christian Blake

Detroit, MI

#2 Jun 4, 2010
Bellows Falls
no longer thriving

Editor of the Reformer:

I follow the sordid news about Bellows Falls and the town of Rockingham and I find it hard to believe that these two entities cannot merge and manage to live in some sort of peace, harmony and cooperation on a business level. I write about my hometown and critique it as I was born there and it is where I lived the first 18 years of my youth, therefore I have the God-given right as a native Vermonter and of course my first amendment privilege to speak out. Those are my credentials.

As a child growing up in Bellows Falls, it was a typical American town to be born into even though I was one of 16 plus siblings deep in the throes of poverty and me being a ward of the state of Vermont. We had available to us three movie theaters, a drive-in movie theater, numerous ice cream soda fountains, many employers (including seven paper mills), a large railroad facility (where my father worked as a telegrapher), many outlying farms and an infrastructure necessary to support our thriving little town.

Now take a look at my former town with the mismanagement similar to the federal and state governments with its inefficiency and incompetency. It holds the distinction of being the only Vermont town to have the added revenue from a Hydro dam yet it is the highest real estate taxed town in the state. It cannot hold onto businesses and doesn’t have a clue how to attract and keep them even if they stumble into town. It is loaded with the derelicts who will not work. Why should they, when the free money they can vote for comes with no strings attached under the rules of democracy? As Thomas Jefferson said, "when the masses find they can vote for unearned income, watch out." Is this the reason the two words, democracy and Democrat, were not put into the federal or state’s constitution?

This letter is about a few of the negatives that I will espouse now, but if anyone is interested in the positive, I am available to follow up with a letter a later date. Give me your feedback via phone and or e-mail. Believe me, I can take it, good or bad.

Christian Blake,

Westminster, May 30

Join me for free drinks Monday night at the INN with BOOB
Dinty Moore

Windsor, VT

#3 Jun 4, 2010
And what are your positive contributions to the town, Christian?
sick of you

Springfield, VT

#4 Jun 4, 2010
Christian didn't post this. It was Jim Mitchell who's trying to rile things up again. Get a life
Christian Blake

Detroit, MI

#5 Jun 4, 2010
know him well and you need a life also is it true youwill be leaving?
sick of you

Springfield, VT

#6 Jun 4, 2010
I'm not, but I'm not Bob, nor am I a hate monger like you and that nasty group that drove Bob out. You know who you are, the snipers and the anti development component of the town and village. You are detering decent people from running for office.
ridiculous

Springfield, VT

#7 Jun 4, 2010
you people need to get a life, have you not heard the statement, "people who live in glass houses should not cast stones"? So i suggest until you all live your lives as perfectly as you all seem to think you do, do us all a favor and SHUT UP!!!
Jim Mitchell

Peterborough, NH

#8 Jun 4, 2010
Did I miss something here what am I getting credit for now?
sick of you

Springfield, VT

#9 Jun 4, 2010
Jim, hopefully you're not really certifiable and believe your own lies. Get some help if you really have multiple personalities. Everybody knows you can have more than one email address or even get a proxy if you need one. Montpelier, Essex, Lowell, whatever.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#10 Jun 4, 2010
sick of you wrote:
I'm not, but I'm not Bob, nor am I a hate monger like you and that nasty group that drove Bob out. You know who you are, the snipers and the anti development component of the town and village. You are detering decent people from running for office.
Bob who and what has he been driven out of?

Since: Mar 10

Berllows Falls

#11 Jun 4, 2010
How does anyone know this? People shouldn't write things like that unless you have a reliable source. also, there is nothing in the papers on it. Don't start rumors like this. You may find out that it is not true and you will look like an idiot!
Ben Dover

Morrisville, VT

#12 Jun 4, 2010
Look at the Rockingham web site.There is a special meeting Mon June 7th,select board member resigning.

I heard Bob is buying the Sandri site, to open another watering hole.
Spuds

Stowe, VT

#13 Jun 4, 2010
People accused of being someone other than who they say they are, rumors that are not germane to the topic, backbiting and lamenting, and others expressing total confusion. What in hell is going on? These comments should be posted to six other topics other than the gas station? The gas station had the distinction as the only one in Vermont with bullet holes through the doors and on a different occasion someone worked for several hours to hacksaw a safe open only to get a few dollars and some change. They worked for far less than minimum wage, which was about $2 something an hour at that time. Please correct me if I got the facts wrong or add to the story about the gas station. Where are the details of this selectman stepping down? Is that in a different article? Did I miss something. Is he or she stepping down or did they step in something. I suppose the latter or both!
Spuds

Stowe, VT

#14 Jun 4, 2010
Ben Dover wrote:
Look at the Rockingham web site.There is a special meeting Mon June 7th,select board member resigning.
I heard Bob is buying the Sandri site, to open another watering hole.
Thanks, of course it doesn't say who or why.

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#15 Jun 4, 2010
Spuds wrote:
Where are the details of this selectman stepping down? Is that in a different article? Did I miss something. Is he or she stepping down or did they step in something. I suppose the latter or both!
http://www.rockbf.org/vertical/Sites/%7B6B964...
Jim Mitchell

Peterborough, NH

#16 Jun 4, 2010
If I have something to say I go to the meetings and speak up and you give me to much credit for many posts.

I am not alone in using names either and the person at town hall that got my BCC email today feel right thru the trap door today with you little snide comments ON THIS VERY BLOG.

Hope Dutch makes you accountable for that serious violation of personnel policy like he did with John that you orchestrated, Earn the money you got in that raise.

As far as blogs go it was brought to my attention that certain blogs got pulled right off the topics site and I found that interesting in itself, it was okay when you all dragged a trustee threw the mud and even his wife and kids but now you are all so righteous. HYPOCRITES FITS SO DON’T ACQUIT.

If you need help with your toll calls to Brattleboro let me know.

Is Jigs or Monty going to be the new kid at the table when you step down?
Jim Mitchell

Peterborough, NH

#17 Jun 4, 2010
Gary Fox ????

How about a special election Tom can you let us for once make a choice?
kathyben dover

Bellows Falls, VT

#18 Jun 4, 2010
did i say that?
Jack Bauer

Peterborough, NH

#19 Jun 4, 2010
Jim are you talking about Carrie Bennett ? This wouldn't suprise me she gets away with alot.

That pay raise she got was to buy her loyalty to the Manager.
sick of you

Springfield, VT

#20 Jun 4, 2010
Jack, or is it Jim again? I have more.....claremont, burlington, milton and hammond? Kerry deserves every penny she makes. That girl is a hard worker. What have you ever done for work? Seven years in prison must have given you some skills...Why don't you get a job instead of wasting your life on these blogs?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saxtons River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge dismisses roofer case mid-trial (Oct '08) Dec '16 Long Island Liberal 10
Vermont State Police warn to stay out of Saxton... Nov '16 openmind693 1
News Payments promised town residents if voters OK w... Nov '16 Rex James 1
News Police Log (May '16) May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News Kindle Farm teacher awarded $25,000 (Oct '08) Mar '15 Toni 18
News Protest planned at Santa's Land over animals (May '14) May '14 Flat Lander 1

Saxtons River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saxtons River Mortgages