BF, Saxtons River sewer plan advances

BF, Saxtons River sewer plan advances

There are 6 comments on the Brattleboro Reformer story from Aug 26, 2010, titled BF, Saxtons River sewer plan advances. In it, Brattleboro Reformer reports that:

The villages of Saxtons River and Bellows Falls have agreed to work on a plan that would allow Saxtons River to transfer its waste water to Bellows Falls for processing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Brattleboro Reformer.

Not BF anymore

Bellows Falls, VT

#1 Aug 26, 2010
"He said the Bellows Falls trustees have the authority to approve a plan and users in that village will probably not have a chance to weigh in on the proposal"

Why would BF taxpayers not have a vote? If I still lived in the village I would personally not be all that eager to take on the additional wear and tear on the BF facility to bail out Saxons River. Its not like it will lower the sewer or tax rates in the village at all.
SAGFAG

Ellsworth, ME

#2 Aug 27, 2010
yep that’s right bond our kids futures for decades to come and the trustees don’t need the voters approval...sounds like another trans-Canada fleecing of taxpayers dollars...
with the exception of Obie & White who have some degree of intellect and rationale process the dumb & dumber boys along with Miss Nice Guy are right out to lunch..
that 1 clown had to many leafy greens in his yute and Mr. 114 says it all
Clark Barber

Walpole, NH

#3 Aug 27, 2010
The current users of the wastewater treatment plant should not bear any cost for Saxtons River's extension & hook-ups for our services. We are not the ones who need it. Saxtons River is very fortunate that we have the plant that is capable of receiving their wastewater, as is the case with Westminster & Walpole. The interim manager should be saying that it will NOT cost the current users ANY additional funds. Saying otherwise should be questioned by the trustees.
Clark Barber

Walpole, NH

#4 Aug 27, 2010
This site is posting that I am from Walpole. I am not. I am from Bellows Falls & not afraid to use my own name.
The Shadow

Ellsworth, ME

#5 Aug 27, 2010
.......the plant can more than handle it and in fact with the new upgrade
needs the income to pay off the bond.........my question is WHY WAS IT ALL
DONE BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.........when we were(LAST YEAR) discussing things
with SR we had them out in the open....and the vote sure was in the
open........I don't know, maybe I'm missing something here, but this
wasn't something that put either village at jeopardy......I think someone
should look into this......once again....no one saw, no one heard, no one
spoke from the public..........and now..........no one knows,,,,OH YEA
THE SHADOW KNOWS
d thomson

Bellows Falls, VT

#6 Aug 27, 2010
it is a good deal for bf, it will allow for others from saxtons to bf to hook on and create more revenue with the new standards for septic systems nd failing ones, and it will give bf more methane gas and if used right should heat all the building in the bf plant, now if they could make a composting plant and use or sell the compost like claremont does instead of paying them to take the sludge

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saxtons River Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police Log May '16 Cheddar Cheese 1
News Woman, girl hospitalized after being hit by car... (Nov '15) Nov '15 bill 1
News Dari Joy owner unhappy with town's decision (May '15) May '15 JBIRD710 1
News Kindle Farm teacher awarded $25,000 (Oct '08) Mar '15 Toni 18
News Protest planned at Santa's Land over animals (May '14) May '14 Flat Lander 1
Barrack Obama (Sep '13) Sep '13 Emogene Hodgeman 1
News Letter Box (Dec '12) Jan '13 Agnostic 89

Saxtons River Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Saxtons River Mortgages