Caldwell County teens killed in wreck

Caldwell County teens killed in wreck

There are 14 comments on the Hickory Daily Record story from Jun 10, 2006, titled Caldwell County teens killed in wreck. In it, Hickory Daily Record reports that:

A fiery, single-car accident took the lives of two teenagers Saturday morning. Karson Carroll and Matthew Potter died after the Chevrolet Camaro Potter was driving careened off the road, slammed into a tree and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hickory Daily Record.

Tammy Gibbs

Alexandria, VA

#1 Jun 13, 2006
I lost my Brother on saturday morning and i just want send my heart felt sympathy out to the family. God bless the family and god bless the teens that have gone on.
Sincerest sympathy

Wade, NC

#2 Jun 13, 2006
We are so sorry for the loss of your brother. It is always
sad to lose a loved one, but having God take them at such a young age makes it especially hard for us to handle. I find
consolation in the fact that life in this ole world is tough
and that many of us have a really hard time here; so crossing
over can be a wonderful thing but hard to see at a time like
this, through your tears.

God bless you and your family.
Sympathy

La Grange, NC

#3 Jun 13, 2006
No words can fill the void that you fill right now, but the sorrow will end and good memories of past times will replace it. Please remember that in the future you will be together again.
rude reality

United States

#4 Jun 17, 2006
word has it that the young man was not even driving his vehicle because he had wrecked his the week before. where do you ever drive 95 mph other than a race track. especially on a country two lane road. the total facts should come out so other young immature drivers could learn from it. now you know why insurance on a young male is so high.
Suzan

United States

#5 Jun 17, 2006
rude reality wrote:
word has it that the young man was not even driving his vehicle because he had wrecked his the week before. where do you ever drive 95 mph other than a race track. especially on a country two lane road. the total facts should come out so other young immature drivers could learn from it. now you know why insurance on a young male is so high.
Wherever you heard this WORD is wrong and you can drive on any highway at 95 miles an hour only the results could be much the same. I agree I hope that other young drivers will take heed to this tragedy, but I disagree about this being the reason that young males insurance is so high.The insurance is just as high on girls,but I believe the rates go by the type of car is being driven. Correct me if I'm wrong.
housewife

North Wilkesboro, NC

#6 Jun 17, 2006
Its high for a 16 year old no matter what the circumstances. A sports car would raise them higher...and its not true to my knowledge that he wrecked another car the week before. He had only had his license for a few weeks. Inexperience and the need for speed are a lethal combination. I hope and pray that all kids will slow down. I also hope and pray the ugly rumors will stop. This family needs time to grieve and not be judged.
sad

Spartanburg, SC

#7 Jun 18, 2006
my sympathy goes out to you
Suzan

United States

#8 Jun 19, 2006
housewife wrote:
Its high for a 16 year old no matter what the circumstances. A sports car would raise them higher...and its not true to my knowledge that he wrecked another car the week before. He had only had his license for a few weeks. Inexperience and the need for speed are a lethal combination. I hope and pray that all kids will slow down. I also hope and pray the ugly rumors will stop. This family needs time to grieve and not be judged.
I couldn't agree with you more. I hope the rumors will stop also, both these families are going through enough without adding fuel to the fire.We need to stop and think about how we would feel if we were in their shoes.All we can do as a community is to pray for these families.
Kelly

Greenville, SC

#9 Jun 28, 2006
rude reality wrote:
word has it that the young man was not even driving his vehicle because he had wrecked his the week before. where do you ever drive 95 mph other than a race track. especially on a country two lane road. the total facts should come out so other young immature drivers could learn from it. now you know why insurance on a young male is so high.
Before you post another comment maybe you should get your facts straight. Insurance on any teenage driver is high. Its true that once upon a time girl's insurance was lower, but they (both boys and girls insurance) are practically the same now. And another thing, the "wreck" that Matthew had before was not his fault. He was hit from behind when he wasnt even moving. And once again, you are wrong about something else. Matthew wasnt immature. If you had known anything about him you would know that. He was 16. If you say that you never made a mistake when you were 16 then you are a LIAR. I know that I have. It was a tragic accident and just the fact that it happened is enough to impact the lives of our family, friends and community. I know my family will never be the same after Matthew's loss.
The Real Terry Harris

West Monroe, LA

#10 Jun 30, 2006
I know Terry Harris, I have worked with him and for him. Terry has his good points but he has a temper that can be very violent. I have seen Terry at Granite throw things, cuss and treat me and other employees like dirt. The old Hutch gang trying to portray him as an angel is funny. I know Sheriff Clark and he is a good man, he takes law enforcement seriously and cares about this community. While at Granite, Terry avoided his officers and the public, he was never around when we needed him and if you approached him with a problem, he would just shrug his shoulders and say, "what do you want me to do about it?" I could not imagine Terry as Sheriff. I have spoken to him and people supporting him and they are people that worked for Roger and they care about nothing but getting even with Gary for winning last time. They make me sick and everyone I know and see, I will tell them and tell them to tell everyone they meet to vote for Clark. The public won't be fooled by Terry and his band of little Hutchlings. Sheriff Clark is tough on drug dealers and criminals, and they all seem to have gotten in bed with Terry.
Snip

Anderson, SC

#11 Jul 9, 2006
TFAC
blah blah

Greenville, SC

#12 Mar 15, 2007
Aww that is like really sad. im so sorry. well God bless. well acually i didnt read the story but i know there was a wreck soorrryyyy =[ well

God Bless;
**Blahblah**
blah blah

Greenville, SC

#13 Mar 15, 2007
LMAO
Jasmine

United States

#14 Feb 25, 2008
Kelly wrote:
<quoted text>
Before you post another comment maybe you should get your facts straight. Insurance on any teenage driver is high. Its true that once upon a time girl's insurance was lower, but they (both boys and girls insurance) are practically the same now. And another thing, the "wreck" that Matthew had before was not his fault. He was hit from behind when he wasnt even moving. And once again, you are wrong about something else. Matthew wasnt immature. If you had known anything about him you would know that. He was 16. If you say that you never made a mistake when you were 16 then you are a LIAR. I know that I have. It was a tragic accident and just the fact that it happened is enough to impact the lives of our family, friends and community. I know my family will never be the same after Matthew's loss.
Thank-you!! Matt was an amazing guy in every way! Some people do not understand that no one knows what went on in that car on that day. I want to thank-you for what you said and protecting his good and honest name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sawmills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Waco's A LW Closet Idiot 2 min Waco1909 5
Any Day Franklin Graham is Miserable is a Great... (Jun '15) 4 min Waco1909 23
CIA said Russia interfered with elections. 6 min Waco1909 7
To All Fools Voting For Trump 15 min Waco1909 214
Anti Trump riots spread. 30 min David53g 522
s-m-i-l-e 1 hr Maw Maw sara 2
Fire Coach Lewis 11 hr Panther 3

Sawmills Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sawmills Mortgages