Hazel McCain mystery
interested

United States

#22 Sep 5, 2013
Rumor had it wrote:
<quoted text>So you are NOT a long lost cousin? So why are you interested? My mother knew Hazel, not a close friend, but friendly acquintence. Hazel was a widow, with a grown daughter, over 18 anyway, and a young son, about 10 years or so younger than the sister, and she seemed to have adored both kids. Hazel was last seen, in the early 7o's, at the VFW at Lake Bonham, and her body and her car were recovered in the early '90's in Lake Bonham, very close to where she was last seen. Rumor had it that she was seeing a married man, but nobody seemed to know that for sure. Her children were able to have closer after her body was found, with no apparent signs of violence. Why bring this up now?
I am a cousin of Hazel just not long lost. I believe I explained my interest quite clearly in my previous post to Tom. I am sorry if my question has upset anyone.
interested

United States

#23 Sep 5, 2013
In response to Rumer had it and Gary: Hazel was my cousin I am not long lost as I explained in a previous post my reasons for asking are not to cause trouble or pain to anyone. I did not think that after 40 years anyone should have issue with my interest.
Gary

Texarkana, AR

#24 Sep 5, 2013
interested wrote:
In response to Rumer had it and Gary: Hazel was my cousin I am not long lost as I explained in a previous post my reasons for asking are not to cause trouble or pain to anyone. I did not think that after 40 years anyone should have issue with my interest.
#1 You are not causing "trouble or pain" to us, you are the one with a complex about this unsolved death. I think you should just drop it from a public website and do your searching in a more reliable place as in law enforcement office or DA.
Rumor had it

Boise, ID

#25 Sep 5, 2013
interested wrote:
I was responding to what could have been a typo on your part where you said you were not a long lost cousin. Is it possible that Hazel was killed by person or persons unknown? Yes! Is it possible that Hazel, after a drink too many at the VFW, simply drove off the bridge? Yes! I question as to why it took almost 20 years to find her body and car .... about a mile and a half from where she was last seen! And Mike Bankston was instrumental in reopening the "cold case" that at least lead to discovery of her body, even if the cause of death was not determined.
Jimmie

Shreveport, LA

#26 Sep 30, 2013
anon wrote:
Hazel McCain, Jennifer Harris, Jack Morris, Katy Brewer. Four big mystery cases, and all four have yet to have any light shed on them.
Wonder how many fish were caught behind the VFW in the 70's
I lived a year in Bonham and I will always remember the creepy feeling I got interacting with the local yokels at the barber shop, the stores, and at work. I knew nothing of these dirty little secrets but I am not surprised after living in Fannin County for a year. Talk about Children of the Corn, Bonham is it.
mouse

United States

#27 Sep 30, 2013
Harris, Brewer & Morris-foul play
McCain-questionable
Michelle Brewer

Boise, ID

#28 Sep 30, 2013
The relatives of Hazel McCain simply want answers and information if anyone has it. As a relative of Katie Jo Brewer I want answers too. I do not fault anyone coming on here to try to find answers or hopes that someone may know something, anything to help understand and bring closure. I do not believe my aunt's disappearance was foul play. I feel it was a sad and tragic end to a very sweet woman's life. If you have information on any of these cases, please let the proper authorities know.
Devin Robertson

Texarkana, AR

#29 Oct 1, 2013
Jimmie wrote:
<quoted text>
I lived a year in Bonham and I will always remember the creepy feeling I got interacting with the local yokels at the barber shop, the stores, and at work. I knew nothing of these dirty little secrets but I am not surprised after living in Fannin County for a year. Talk about Children of the Corn, Bonham is it.
It is a scary town/county. The locals will steal anything that isn't locked up just because they can, not because they need it, they're natural-born thieves/criminals. A more wretched community of scum and villainy is not to be found in North Texas. Between the dope, cigarettes, stealing, and inbreeding this place doesn't have a chance to ever recover any past glory that was accrued by previous generations.
facts

United States

#30 Oct 1, 2013
I have known the Brewers well for many years and can tell you they, along with investigating authorities believe Katie was abducted after.leaving her home. Im not going into the details that have led to this belief on here because knowing her immediate family, i know its not their style. Bonham might be a small town but that doesnt mean such heinous deeds do not occur here. Everyone needs to be aware that dangers do surround us in fannin county.
Vet

Texarkana, TX

#31 Oct 1, 2013
Children of the Corn, enough said.
Jimmie

Shreveport, LA

#32 Oct 1, 2013
Vet wrote:
Children of the Corn, enough said.
Nosey assed, inbreed, up to no good, green teethed, crooked assed okey doked BPD, racist natives, buster assed black folks, and I might add Children of the Corn. This place should be visited for the novelty. Poor JFK went to the funeral of Texas' grand old crooked punk Sam Rayburn (Bonham's pride and joy) only to get his head blown off by Rayburn's friends. I mention this only to point out the futility of making friends in Bonham.
M F Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrr

Boise, ID

#33 Oct 1, 2013
Devin Robertson wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a scary town/county. The locals will steal anything that isn't locked up just because they can, not because they need it, they're natural-born thieves/criminals. A more wretched community of scum and villainy is not to be found in North Texas. Between the dope, cigarettes, stealing, and inbreeding this place doesn't have a chance to ever recover any past glory that was accrued by previous generations.
"A more wretched community of scum and villainy is not to be found in North Texas."????

I know of two, Ladonia and Honey Grove... similar shit as Bonham just a lot darker. Where would you rather be living outta those three? lol county can't even give away city lots at the tax auction in either of those two. Hey I'm with you and agree about Bonham... the people who run the city like it known as a god fearing shit hole of a town.
Jimmie

Shreveport, LA

#34 Oct 1, 2013
M F Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr wrote:
<quoted text>
"A more wretched community of scum and villainy is not to be found in North Texas."????
I know of two, Ladonia and Honey Grove... similar shit as Bonham just a lot darker. Where would you rather be living outta those three? lol county can't even give away city lots at the tax auction in either of those two. Hey I'm with you and agree about Bonham... the people who run the city like it known as a god fearing shit hole of a town.
That new lake will not cover it all up but you have to wonder how many dead bodies will be submerged throughout the years.
army

United States

#35 Oct 2, 2013
Jimmie wrote:
<quoted text>
That new lake will not cover it all up but you have to wonder how many dead bodies will be submerged throughout the years.

Its a good ten years from being built. If it even happens.
Jimmie

Shreveport, LA

#36 Oct 2, 2013
army wrote:
<quoted text>
Its a good ten years from being built. If it even happens.
I have heard it both ways, is that the latest or are you one of the po'd landowners who only hopes it will not happen?
army

United States

#37 Oct 2, 2013
I am all for it.
Jimmie

Shreveport, LA

#38 Oct 3, 2013
army wrote:
I am all for it.
I am also all for it as I feel it could actually change Bonham for the better. I hope you are wrong about it not happening within 10 years or if at all. Has something come up that I have not heard about?
Peter Mincey

Shreveport, LA

#40 Oct 5, 2013
Jimmie wrote:
<quoted text>
I am also all for it as I feel it could actually change Bonham for the better. I hope you are wrong about it not happening within 10 years or if at all. Has something come up that I have not heard about?
Nothing has come up other than Bonhamites who have held their homesteads through many generations of inbreeding, prison time, family fueds, and bankruptcies are fighting the progress tooth and nail. They are not satisfied with the payout for their scrub brush estates, trailer homes, hovels, and meth labs.
Jimmie

Shreveport, LA

#41 Oct 5, 2013
Peter Mincey wrote:
<quoted text>
Nothing has come up other than Bonhamites who have held their homesteads through many generations of inbreeding, prison time, family fueds, and bankruptcies are fighting the progress tooth and nail. They are not satisfied with the payout for their scrub brush estates, trailer homes, hovels, and meth labs.
Now that is just hilarious but true enough. When I did my time at BlackRock Bonham I knew two individuals who fell into that very category. They were all po'd because they were not going to get over 5000 bucks an acre for there little slice of heaven. One of them came from a brood who had settled during Texas Republic Days. They all did not look any different than the Wild Hogs I saw roaming around Bonham. At least the hogs tear up crap and generally run off if you come near them, unlike the humans in Bonham who stick around and wallow in what they tear up.
interested

United States

#43 Oct 12, 2013
Michelle Brewer wrote:
The relatives of Hazel McCain simply want answers and information if anyone has it. As a relative of Katie Jo Brewer I want answers too. I do not fault anyone coming on here to try to find answers or hopes that someone may know something, anything to help understand and bring closure. I do not believe my aunt's disappearance was foul play. I feel it was a sad and tragic end to a very sweet woman's life. If you have information on any of these cases, please let the proper authorities know.
Thank you Michelle for your kindness and understanding of my questions regarding Hazel. I am so sorry for your family's loss. I hope you will find answers to give you some peace.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonham dealing drugs 17 hr Roys Toupee 5
Politicians 17 hr Civic Infidel 5
dq Thu Never Again 5
FCSO again and again Jan 18 Roys Toupee 16
Jennifer Harris murder Jan 13 Samstown Comp 13
Savoy Coaches! (Feb '14) Jan 11 Inbred Cornbread 61
goodbye b&b foods.... (Jan '15) Jan 8 Back In The Day 19

Savoy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance