???Why??? The Good Ol' Boy System

???Why??? The Good Ol' Boy System

Posted in the Savoy Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1 Mar 5, 2014
In reference to the group of BISD employees who were stopped by the Ector police; one receiving a DWI (his 2nd by the way), one receiving an open container citation... Did you know that Holly Bounds, Assistant Principal at Finley-Oates Elementary, was in the vehicle as well as Candace Lehde who is also an employee of BISD?

I guess Dr. Beaty didn't think this scene and poor judgment reflected POORLY ON BISD since he had been out drinking with this group of fine, young educators in whom we trust our children with. I wonder if Beaty thought this unpleasant scene caused their effectiveness as employees in BISD to be called into question? Or maybe since Bonham is so full NEPOTISM, all cheeks were turned....

Some interesting reading for those of you who may not know:
Beaty recommended the renewal of an educator contract in Troup who was accused of sexually assaulting a student in Troup ISD. Look it up, folks!
Devin Robertson

Texarkana, AR

#2 Mar 5, 2014
I don't know these people, are they married or single?? If married, did their spouses know about their after-hours fraternization??

'As The World Turns' doesn't have anything on Fannin County and the shenanigans that go on here.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#3 Mar 5, 2014
Devin Robertson wrote:
I don't know these people, are they married or single?? If married, did their spouses know about their after-hours fraternization??
'As The World Turns' doesn't have anything on Fannin County and the shenanigans that go on here.
Cody Bounds (AD/Head Football Coach) is married to Holly Bounds (Asst. Principal at F.O. Elementary)
Josh Lehde (PE Coach at F.O. Elementary and Asst. Football Coach) is married to Candace Lehde
I am not saying that there is anything wrong with enjoying a night out with your spouse. However, Beaty has let people go in the past based "how things looked and reflected on BISD by actions of its employees" on things much less of this very public scene that was plastered all over the news. It's just crazy how BISD is full of nepotism and has been for years. Don't you think it's odd that the Lehde's are Kelly Trompler's (Asst. Superintendent) in-laws and she is their boss as well as her husbands boss?
You are correct... "As the World Turns". It will always be in this town full of kin and good ol' boys!
Do The Funky Lehde

Dallas, TX

#4 Mar 6, 2014
Reality Check61 wrote:
<quoted text>
Cody Bounds (AD/Head Football Coach) is married to Holly Bounds (Asst. Principal at F.O. Elementary)
Josh Lehde (PE Coach at F.O. Elementary and Asst. Football Coach) is married to Candace Lehde
I am not saying that there is anything wrong with enjoying a night out with your spouse. However, Beaty has let people go in the past based "how things looked and reflected on BISD by actions of its employees" on things much less of this very public scene that was plastered all over the news. It's just crazy how BISD is full of nepotism and has been for years. Don't you think it's odd that the Lehde's are Kelly Trompler's (Asst. Superintendent) in-laws and she is their boss as well as her husbands boss?
You are correct... "As the World Turns". It will always be in this town full of kin and good ol' boys!
Now, now, just move along. There is nothing here to see. Bonham is justified by grace. Jesus is Lord over Bonham and our dry community is atoned by the Blood of the Lamb. All of this dissension and finger pointing can simply be refuted by belief. Go out there and help volunteer with the Powder Creek Playground. Pray for our authorities and be proud that our governing authorities are all related thirteen times over by marriage and incest. Amen.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#5 Mar 6, 2014
Do The Funky Lehde wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, just move along. There is nothing here to see. Bonham is justified by grace. Jesus is Lord over Bonham and our dry community is atoned by the Blood of the Lamb. All of this dissension and finger pointing can simply be refuted by belief. Go out there and help volunteer with the Powder Creek Playground. Pray for our authorities and be proud that our governing authorities are all related thirteen times over by marriage and incest. Amen.
Haha!!! You hit the nail on the head!
Astute Texomans

Dallas, TX

#6 Mar 6, 2014
This board has been a joy to me, as I started following it just before the "Drag Queen" incident. I have always heard that Bonham was in a class by itself in the phylum of Texomas Ignoramus and I have received constant confirmation by one ridiculous scandal after another. It really is hilarious and I hope you folks continue to entertain.
Devin Robertson

Texarkana, TX

#7 Mar 6, 2014
Let's see, we've had a "precious youth" run over in a late-night, alcohol-fueled, white-trash event of unfathomable drama, drunken BISD employee's, what's next??
Fannins Finest

Dallas, TX

#8 Mar 6, 2014
Maybe we will have another arrogant and abusive "police chief" or high level criminal justice functionary be a complete impulsive horndog and woman beater to the point his wife nails him with a pistol, calls EMTs, then kills herself. That is the Fannin I know and love. Of course, there will be plenty of drama about what a fine Master Mason and all around good old boy he was. Lord help anyone mention the scandals he caused at his place of employment. Move on along, nothing unusual here. If you mention the possibility you are accused of just about everything but lying. Deep down inside, all know it is true and something is very rotten in Fannin County. Gooooo Warriors.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#10 Mar 8, 2014
Dancing Bear Mayor wrote:
I have heard that our mayor enjoys dancing with other men, all naked as jaybirds. What is up with that? Please do not tell me that our mayor is closet royalty. I mean, it is 2014 and being light in the loafers is small potatoes. Just think how much Bonham would progress if it became wet and had a dancing jaybird for mayor. Devin, would you elaborate on this, or maybe provide a link. Is the party on You Tube?
Haha I have heard this for years.
Anonymous

Boise, ID

#11 Mar 8, 2014
I've heard some names of businessmen for a long time that like to participate in, ahem, "get togethers". Bankers, business owners, real estate, attorneys. Just rumors though!!!
Dancing Bear Mayor

Orlando, FL

#12 Mar 8, 2014
Devin Roberson has been quoted as saying the photos are out there. I would imagine whoever snapped those photos risked an all expense paid trip to the depths of The Big Red.
Dancing Bear Mayor

Orlando, FL

#14 Mar 9, 2014
Devin Robertson wrote:
One person was already murdered over that videotape. That's all I'll say.
Yes, so I have heard, one we know of. Really are some dirty low down less than reptiles running the show and that is one reason why Fannin is as is. They sure as hell do not want people outside of the gene pool. Outsiders spot the eyesore and smell the stench in minutes. Walk in that courthouse after spending a few years away from it. Might as well walk into a fish market in August.
Veteran

Texarkana, TX

#15 Mar 9, 2014
Put the VA via Ma Barker in the mix.

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#16 Mar 12, 2014
Interview with Bonham ISD Superintendent Dr. Marvin Beaty
By Allen Rich
Mar 12, 2014

In an effort to provide concise information in place of the rumors that have swirled in the days since two Bonham ISD coaches were detained in an alcohol-related incident, on Tuesday, March 11, North Texas e-News spoke by phone with Dr. Marvin Beaty, Superintendent of Bonham Independent School District.

In spite of the questionable media feeding frenzy that occurred following the incident, it is important to note that the most severe offense was a misdemeanor and the other offense was even less severe than a traffic offense. At the same time, most coaches and educators are aware that even the most minor legal offense can be detrimental in this career field. Coaches and educators realize they will be held to the highest standards.

A thorough investigation immediately followed the incident. While there is misguided sentiment in the community that a separate set of rules apply to coaches, Dr. Beaty explains that school board policy regarding inappropriate behavior is very specific when it comes to defining legal grounds that allow an employee's contract to be nullified.

One of the coaches involved is under contract for next year, while the other coach has tendered his resignation pending the last day of the current school year.

"I've taken all the action necessary," states Dr. Beaty. "Just because it's not a public matter, I don't think I have ever swept anything under the rug and I'm not going to start now. I've spent a lifetime building a reputation based on integrity and I've dealt with this incident according to policy and law."

......" I've spent a lifetime building a reputation based on integrity " LOL!
relieved

Ivanhoe, TX

#17 Mar 12, 2014
Who tendered their resignation?
Happy Trooper

Pipe Creek, TX

#18 Mar 12, 2014
" I've spent a lifetime building a reputation based on INTEGRITY" End quote.

There are a lot of people in Troup that are laughing at this statement. Many people know better from personal experiences.

You have a right to laugh too Ex Cuse Me.
Cra cra

Haslet, TX

#19 Mar 12, 2014
Not even Beaty is buying that!!! Integrity, is that what you call when everyone in a 200 mile radius saying what a class a loser he is. I promise you not even his girls in the admin office talk good of him. And Trompler, I know Beaty is talking crap about Lehde and I know for a fact that Kelly is going right along with him talking about her own family. She is no better. She has already sold get soul to that devil.
Dancing Bear Mayor

Orlando, FL

#20 Mar 12, 2014
As Clinton said, "It depends on what the definition of IS is." Well, building integrity in Troup is not the same as building integrity in Bonham. I am sure Marvin feels he has a second life in Bonham and he is spending this Bonham life building integrity Bonham style. Some folks just eat that crap up.
ghost writer

Quinlan, TX

#21 Mar 30, 2014
Devin Robertson wrote:
Let's see, we've had a "precious youth" run over in a late-night, alcohol-fueled, white-trash event of unfathomable drama, drunken BISD employee's, what's next??
how bout blake the flake and those clowns in what they call a court house. now that's a very interesting subject????
the truth

Plano, TX

#22 Apr 22, 2014
Do The Funky Lehde wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now, just move along. There is nothing here to see. Bonham is justified by grace. Jesus is Lord over Bonham and our dry community is atoned by the Blood of the Lamb. All of this dissension and finger pointing can simply be refuted by belief. Go out there and help volunteer with the Powder Creek Playground. Pray for our authorities and be proud that our governing authorities are all related thirteen times over by marriage and incest. Amen.
lol good one i like that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Poser 43 min Goober Says Hey 2
Take down the Confederate monument in the Fanni... 5 hr Rick 105
News First Presbyterian Church of Bonham to sponsor ... 20 hr Willie Granville 4
News Bonham Festival of Flight set to soar on Saturday Sun ThumbsUpElbowsBac... 7
Willow Wild Cemetery Sat RMC 17
nfl sucks Fri American 18
justice 4 jennifer (Jun '09) Oct 20 tired 474

Savoy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savoy Mortgages