Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Pretty sad Bonham, 153 takers, average 1950 students, 7%, not including teachers, administrators, AD's, Coaches, or most important Community.
Resident

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Way to look for the negatives. Nothing new for you though.

Thank you to the Utters and everyone that came out to support. The rest of us know this was a busy weekend and many were not available to come out.
yeah

Denison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Michael Williams wrote:
Pretty sad Bonham, 153 takers, average 1950 students, 7%, not including teachers, administrators, AD's, Coaches, or most important Community.
Majority of those students can't drive!
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Majority of those students can't drive!
But at least one of their parents can.
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
Thank you to the Utters and everyone that came out to support. The rest of us know this was a busy weekend and many were not available to come out.
You got it Resident $6000 dollars to be given away, flat given away, 10,000 residents of Bonham, almost 2,000 possible parents and we only get 7%, Utters is laughing all he way back to Sherman, as usual too busy for the kids.
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
Nothing negative about it, good ole facts.
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
But they can pack the JC Whiskey River parking lot today at 1 PM.
yeah

Denison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

Michael Williams wrote:
<quoted text>But at least one of their parents can.
Maybe. I know lots of adults in this town who don't have a valid driver's license or a car. They walk or use a bike or bum rides from friends. Lots of poverty in our community. Besides, this fundraiser was for the benefit of band, volleyball and football. That greatly narrows the field of folks who would be interested in this. The way I see it, they ended the day with $3,000 more than they started. Great profit for not a lot of work. Thanks to Utters and those who did turn out!
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2013

Judged:

yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe. I know lots of adults in this town who don't have a valid driver's license or a car. They walk or use a bike or bum rides from friends. Lots of poverty in our community. Besides, this fundraiser was for the benefit of band, volleyball and football. That greatly narrows the field of folks who would be interested in this. The way I see it, they ended the day with $3,000 more than they started. Great profit for not a lot of work. Thanks to Utters and those who did turn out!
It's amazing how a lot in this town can't accept the truth and use excuse after excuse to cover it up.$6000 give away and you are happy with $3000, just 300 of a possible 1950, 7%, just needed 300, Utters is still laughing.
fact fact fact......

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Michael Williams wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing how a lot in this town can't accept the truth and use excuse after excuse to cover it up.$6000 give away and you are happy with $3000, just 300 of a possible 1950, 7%, just needed 300, Utters is still laughing.
I get it. It's a fact we raised $3000 out of $6000. However, what you are not accepting is that your approach is all wrong and you are not helping. You are hurting. If you act like there is famine, there will be soon enough. If you act like there is feast, there will be in time. You are acting like there is famine. Quit it. Think of other ways to help. You may have all the facts and truths in the world but if you can't sell the idea to people, it doesn't matter.

By the way, I would bet that Utter is very excited to have given test drives to 150 potential new customers and donate to a good cause at the same time.
Resident

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

His way of thinking is why Williams, or 33, will always be like he is, negative, sad, bitter, no one to associate with... and the rest of us look for the good and show our support for the students, schools, and community are able to be happy and enjoy things.

Over 75% of students are not old enough to drive, practically all of them are not old enough to be eligible to finance and purchase a vehicle, so quit ragging on kids for not going to test drive new vehicles. That's idiotic and a pattern for you, ragging on kids. Have you ever thought maybe that's why you got a tiny amount of votes? You think it's about your religion?? People around here don't want you involved because of your idiotic and negative comments constantly towards the schools and the kids.

What exactly would the Utters be "laughing" about? Just another ridiculous comment from old 33.

The rest of us appreciate the Utters doing this and thank those that were able to participate.
parentof2

Emory, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Mr. Williams- I saw lots of teachers, every football coach, and parents participating on Saturday while I was there for my test drive. Although, it would have been awesome to get another 150 people out, Mr. Utter said that we had done as well or better than Sherman or Denison. Great Job Bonham!!!
happy

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Michael Williams wrote:
<quoted text>It's amazing how a lot in this town can't accept the truth and use excuse after excuse to cover it up.$6000 give away and you are happy with $3000, just 300 of a possible 1950, 7%, just needed 300, Utters is still laughing.
The Team from the dealership said that there was almost zero turnout at Sherman and $3000 is more than we had before this event.
Seriously

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

I am very proud of how it turned out... we raised $3000. Thats awesome... why do you have to be so negative... for the first time its been done... it was a SUCCESS!:) Thank you to all the parents, friends, coaches, teachers, administration and students that helped out.. Great Job.
I did not know

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Maybe if someone would have let people, that do not have kids in school know more may have come out. I know I would have and I'll bet I could have got at least 20 of my friends to have come out. I blame Williams for not letting the public know , but if he had more may have came out then he would not have anything to talk about.lol Williams were have you been ?
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Once again everyone has missed the point. Resident says 75% of students don't drive, who said anything about students driving, besides the ones that do should have been there. 1950 students attend Bonham Schools, realizing each has at least one parent who drives, that's 1950 shots, add the students who do drive, maybe 50, students with two parents let's say maybe 1500, students, teachers etc, 300, another maybe 2000 not in above totals from the community. 5,800 give or take. But yet 153 showed up. Now I never said what did show up was not appreciated, or the fact football or boy's sports will get all of it. It was an easy, no hassle survey opportunity to make $6000 for the athletic department (whoever gets it). It was posted online, in the newspaper, on Texas E-News, info Bonham school site so that excuse don't fly, there was more than enough time and information advertising this event, the plain fact is that people here live through their kids instead of for them. If you considered it a success so be it, but less than 10% of just school district chances to me is nothing short of failure to me.
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
His way of thinking is why Williams, or 33, will always be like he is, negative, sad, bitter, no one to associate with... and the rest of us look for the good and show our support for the students, schools, and community are able to be happy and enjoy things.
Over 75% of students are not old enough to drive, practically all of them are not old enough to be eligible to finance and purchase a vehicle, so quit ragging on kids for not going to test drive new vehicles. That's idiotic and a pattern for you, ragging on kids. Have you ever thought maybe that's why you got a tiny amount of votes? You think it's about your religion?? People around here don't want you involved because of your idiotic and negative comments constantly towards the schools and the kids.
What exactly would the Utters be "laughing" about? Just another ridiculous comment from old 33.
The rest of us appreciate the Utters doing this and thank those that were able to participate.
What an idiot, 1950 students parents, and my opinions are not negative, they are factual, nobody here can face the truth, and what does my spiritual path have to do with the school district, I am not breaking the law.
Bonham Parent

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Michael Williams wrote:
Once again everyone has missed the point. Resident says 75% of students don't drive, who said anything about students driving, besides the ones that do should have been there. 1950 students attend Bonham Schools, realizing each has at least one parent who drives, that's 1950 shots, add the students who do drive, maybe 50, students with two parents let's say maybe 1500, students, teachers etc, 300, another maybe 2000 not in above totals from the community. 5,800 give or take. But yet 153 showed up. Now I never said what did show up was not appreciated, or the fact football or boy's sports will get all of it. It was an easy, no hassle survey opportunity to make $6000 for the athletic department (whoever gets it). It was posted online, in the newspaper, on Texas E-News, info Bonham school site so that excuse don't fly, there was more than enough time and information advertising this event, the plain fact is that people here live through their kids instead of for them. If you considered it a success so be it, but less than 10% of just school district chances to me is nothing short of failure to me.
I would say failure is receiving 33 votes for school board..lol
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
33, don't come back on here and act like you weren't negative.
Are you trying to say that 5800 should have been expected to attend? You don't have a clue. Go walk around looking to see what junior high girls are doing now and come back on here and ramble like you always do.
You are clueless.
You are twisted as usual and I warned you about the junior high girls so I am calling my lawyer in the morning as well as the police and reporting you. 5800 possibilities to get 300 to attend. Facts , not negative, quit reading your script.
Michael Williams

Jay, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 12, 2013

Judged:

[QUOTE who="fact fact fact......"]<quoted text>
I get it. It's a fact we raised $3000 out of $6000. However, what you are not accepting is that your approach is all wrong and you are not helping. You are hurting. If you act like there is famine, there will be soon enough. If you act like there is feast, there will be in time. You are acting like there is famine. Quit it. Think of other ways to help. You may have all the facts and truths in the world but if you can't sell the idea to people, it doesn't matter.
By the way, I would bet that Utter is very excited to have given test drives to 150 potential new customers and donate to a good cause at the same time.
[/QUOTE]Selling to ignorance is almost impossible, but like an alcoholic if you can't admit it, it's impossible to fix. And yes $3000 is better than nothing but UTTER got lucky by not having to pay $6000 because the community failed to push it. So yes we got $3000 but could have had $6000 just as easy. And from what I learned was the test drives were for survey purposes to evaluate their cars, not a test drive to buy, that's how it was explained to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savoy Discussions

Search the Savoy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 13 min Annuit Coeptis 16,982
Cappy's Cafe Closed 19 min Official Historian 10
Motorcycle Shop in Leonard a JOKE (Jun '12) 25 min Official Historian 13
TX Who do you support for Railroad Commissioner in... (Oct '10) 34 min Defiant1 751
VA Hospital (Nov '13) 34 min Official Historian 61
Cafe on the Green 41 min Official Historian 25
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 42 min Defiant1 21,375
•••

Severe Thunderstorm Watch for Fannin County was issued at July 23 at 6:29PM CDT

•••
•••

Savoy News Video

•••
•••

Savoy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••