Savoy Coaches!
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Feb 14

United States

#1 Feb 25, 2014
Well it looks like once again Savoy will have a terrible baseball team. I sure hope they decide to get rid of the joke they have coaching the team soon, before my soon reaches high school....it must be nice to have your daddy on the school board protecting your job! Smh
Also a Caridnal parent

Sherman, TX

#2 Feb 27, 2014
I'm sure you could do a better job, huh? SMDH
Cardinal parent

United States

#3 Feb 28, 2014
Also a Caridnal parent wrote:
I'm sure you could do a better job, huh? SMDH
Probably so...But I'm not the one getting paid to do it! How many games has the HS team won in the last 3 years??? It's embarrassing. I know I'm not the only parent who thinks there needs to be a change after this year if they don't start winning a lot more and soon!
Anonymous

Boise, ID

#4 Mar 2, 2014
You may not only be the only parent that thinks there needs to be a change, you might just be the only parent that gives a crap about Savoy baseball!!! LOL!
Cardinal parent

Haslet, TX

#5 Mar 3, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
You may not only be the only parent that thinks there needs to be a change, you might just be the only parent that gives a crap about Savoy baseball!!! LOL!
No, I know that's not true. We have had some really good teams the past several years in our younger groups and still do. But then when they get to high school the coaching is so terrible they can't compete. Pretty much the same story in basketball to. A lot don't care but a lot still do. But when you have people on the school board pushing for there kid to be hired for coaching position ( and there friends to be hired also), because they wouldn't be hired to coach anywhere else it doesn't help the situation.
There are going to be some very unhappy parents if the boys who are coming up start losing because the school board doesn't hold the boys coaches to the same standard as if they were working somewhere else! A lot of people are sick of losing around here because the coaches are no good!
Anonymous

Boise, ID

#6 Mar 3, 2014
Kids develop differently as they grow. Just because they are good in younger age groups doesn't mean anything as they get older. I
Cardinal parent

Haslet, TX

#7 Mar 4, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Kids develop differently as they grow. Just because they are good in younger age groups doesn't mean anything as they get older. I
So with your logic a lot of kids teams that lose when they are younger, then turnaround and win as they get older?? Lol
So what do you purpose the problem is? And how long do you think a unproven coach should be given to turn a program around and at least show SOME improvement?
Okie Dokie

Dallas, TX

#8 Mar 4, 2014
Texas places to much on the kids in sports. Actual schooling takes a back seat to the all-mighty sports. It's not only a part of what's wrong with this country, it's also a part of what kids learn. I mean the child who excells on a sports team is viewed better then the child who excells in math or any other academia. What does this teach them? No wonder the United States is behind in all sorts of things. I'm sure someone out there has thier own view point, and I pray you express it, but this was mine. Thanks
Cardinal parent

Haslet, TX

#9 Mar 4, 2014
Okie Dokie wrote:
Texas places to much on the kids in sports. Actual schooling takes a back seat to the all-mighty sports. It's not only a part of what's wrong with this country, it's also a part of what kids learn. I mean the child who excells on a sports team is viewed better then the child who excells in math or any other academia. What does this teach them? No wonder the United States is behind in all sorts of things. I'm sure someone out there has thier own view point, and I pray you express it, but this was mine. Thanks
"Schooling" at savoy is actually very good. No complaints there. And sports will always get more attention than atheletics. That is the way it is in the real world. How many pro basketball players can you name vs how many famous mathematicians can you name?
Cardinal parent

Haslet, TX

#10 Mar 4, 2014
Cardinal parent wrote:
<quoted text>
"Schooling" at savoy is actually very good. No complaints there. And sports will always get more attention than atheletics. That is the way it is in the real world. How many pro basketball players can you name vs how many famous mathematicians can you name?
Meant to say get more attention than academics
Okie Dokie

Dallas, TX

#11 Mar 5, 2014
Cardinal parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Meant to say get more attention than academics
You are absolutly right. I will gladly pay you a hundred million dollars to throw that ball around but I wount pay you a single cent to find a cure for cancer, MS, Aids, or any other thing that will benifit humanity. Or even find a way to put a stop to the sensless gang bloodshed of our children. But hey, here, go play your sports and enjoy.
Cardinal parent

Haslet, TX

#12 Apr 26, 2014
It's seriously time to make some coaching changes at the high school! Just because your daddy is on the board, it shouldn't be a pass to produce losing seasons year after year after year........our kids deserve better!!!!
RED BIRDS

Joplin, MO

#13 Apr 28, 2014
Maybe the kids suck at sports?

Even Ron Washington cant make a group of kids with no talent win. This sounds harsh but parents have to realize a coach can only do so much.
Brilliant Thought

Dallas, TX

#14 Apr 28, 2014
Hey, Goof Balls, why not worry about your kid's academic performance and taking the correct courses for a degree in college math, science, or engineering? You think in the long run that would be more important than mastering childish games? You think maybe it would be a great management of resources to just shit can sports and make their pursuit an club endeavor? You think maybe that would make schools more of what they were set up for? Next time you act like overgrown children pontificating about childish games and asshole coaches, take time out and ask yourself how far you think your white and goofy kid will go with athletics.
Cardinal parent

Haslet, TX

#15 Apr 28, 2014
Hey brilliant idiot! Savoy has the top academics of any school in our area! Just won there 9th district championship in a row in uil! These bozos coaching are drawing a salary so I believe it is fair to at the least expect some improvement! We have more kids than most of the schools we compete against, so that's not the problem....
Brilliant Thought

Dallas, TX

#16 Apr 29, 2014
Cardinal parent wrote:
Hey brilliant idiot! Savoy has the top academics of any school in our area! Just won there 9th district championship in a row in uil! These bozos coaching are drawing a salary so I believe it is fair to at the least expect some improvement! We have more kids than most of the schools we compete against, so that's not the problem....
"Top academics of any school in our area...." How much is that saying? Does that allow such energy wasted on childish games? If you are so much better academically, why would little boy games matter? You sound like you are living your life vicariously through a group of kids. Get a life.
Cardinal parent

Haslet, TX

#17 Apr 29, 2014
Brilliant Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
"Top academics of any school in our area...." How much is that saying? Does that allow such energy wasted on childish games? If you are so much better academically, why would little boy games matter? You sound like you are living your life vicariously through a group of kids. Get a life.
So i guess your one of these who sets in mommys basement in your underwear eating potato chips, and more than likely weighing in at 350 plus, and probably hated all the athletic and popular kids in school???
Try to stay on topic! This is not a discussion of wether or not we should have sports in school. That is settled for the time being. This is about paying coaches that suck! And allowing coaches to stay just because they have a daddy on the school board! Even win they lose year after year after year.....
Brilliant Thought

Dallas, TX

#18 Apr 29, 2014
Well, make assumptions about me all you desire. I could tell you that my BMI is 21 but I am sure your BMI is much higher. As to athletic and popular kids, I did my schoolwork and was not cliquish. I received an academic scholarship to a university and worked in a satisfying job. I never pushed my kids toward sports, though I had a son who played high school and American Legion ball and his coaches and winning records did not figure in my priorities. I did have other interests.

You are really struggling with your spelling and syntax. Did you play sports and endure head trauma?
Cardinal parent

Haslet, TX

#19 Apr 29, 2014
Brilliant Thought wrote:
Well, make assumptions about me all you desire. I could tell you that my BMI is 21 but I am sure your BMI is much higher. As to athletic and popular kids, I did my schoolwork and was not cliquish. I received an academic scholarship to a university and worked in a satisfying job. I never pushed my kids toward sports, though I had a son who played high school and American Legion ball and his coaches and winning records did not figure in my priorities. I did have other interests.
You are really struggling with your spelling and syntax. Did you play sports and endure head trauma?
Worked in a satisfying job??? Lol another words a dead ender you hated! Ya, I bet your kid was a real stud.....with a parent with your attitude! Do you not think that as long as public schools employ coaches that they should at least expect some sort of results for the money they pay them???
Brilliant Thought

Dallas, TX

#20 Apr 30, 2014
I think in your area coaches are hired to make already self centered and spoiled white boys feel more special and "gifted" in their goofy ways. I have already told you that coaches and athletic departments are a waste of money. All sports should be club sports and schools should educate actual coursework requiring mental effort. Asian students and their families, for the most part, tune out the nonsense and achieve in real life. They do not care about the nonsense. Guess that is for ignorant folks worried about coaches winning, when not fixated on officials wearing tight shorts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fannin County Jail 1 hr Yep 20
Angel angles (Oct '15) 2 hr anonymous 60
Who's The Best Running Back Bonham's Ever Had? (Dec '09) 2 hr Titos Legacy 248
Lesbian Motorcyle Club in Bonham Apr 22 Anonymous 5
Does anybody know Shannon Hanna? Apr 22 Beavis 5
Bonham schools sued Apr 21 Reality Bites 19
Football field lights and gym Apr 19 Anonymous 5

Savoy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance