First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Guns Not Needed

Boise, ID

#1 Jul 15, 2013
You don't need a gun for protection FCSO , will come to your aid it may take awhile since they are six deputies short. I have a thought maybe the county should pay more. I am not a deputy , but I am a tax payer.
Shadee

Texarkana, TX

#2 Jul 15, 2013
The salaries paid to local law enforcement officers is insulting....I'm not connected with them in any way, either, and I'm also a tax payer and I would like to see my taxes used to pay them a salary that reflects the lifestyle and risks that their jobs require. We should be grateful we have the quality of guys that we do considering the fact they could work almost anywhere else at any kind of job, have a lot less stress, and make as much or more money.
Resident

Haslet, TX

#3 Jul 15, 2013
Going to have to raise taxes and people around here don't want to pay for anything except more gravel down some back county roads. Nothing turns out the masses with the county like roads!
Pretty Sad

Texarkana, AR

#4 Jul 15, 2013
Pay is $23,755 according to the job posting. If a deputy has one child on that salary that child most likely qualifies for CHIP health insurance. I went ahead and also answered a generic questionnaire online to see if they would qualify for food stamps with one child as well and it is also possible.........That is pretty sad.
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#5 Jul 15, 2013
Resident wrote:
Going to have to raise taxes and people around here don't want to pay for anything except more gravel down some back county roads. Nothing turns out the masses with the county like roads!
Or prayer.
anon

Peoria, IL

#6 Jul 15, 2013
Michael Williams wrote:
<quoted text>Or prayer.
why don't you just shut up for a while
agreed

Haslet, TX

#7 Jul 15, 2013
I agree that the FCSO salaries are embarrassingly low. Now is a good time to talk to county judge and county commissioners - they are in early stages of budget process.

Even if you compare FCSO to other law enforcement in Fannin County, it's low. If you go to neighboring counties, especially south, it's even lower by comparison.
ridiculous

United States

#8 Jul 15, 2013
I made more than that when I was 18 and had only a hs diploma answering customer svc at cigna....and had a friend in his third yr teaching for bisd...I earned $2,000 more than him. Crazy!
MeMe

Boise, ID

#9 Jul 15, 2013
You like the fight don't you. But Jesus still loves you.
My fake lawyer

Joplin, MO

#10 Jul 15, 2013
With every stupid dumb a** comment you make it decreases your chances of winning any type of law suit. So kindly leave the thread and go f**k yourself with a rusty pipe. You can also tell your fake lawyers to eat sh#t. You have said enough to wash out any chance you have and proved you are bringing any "harassment" upon yourself.

PS I am not a Christian so please don't use that insult in your childish reply.
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#11 Jul 15, 2013
My fake lawyer wrote:
With every stupid dumb a** comment you make it decreases your chances of winning any type of law suit. So kindly leave the thread and go f**k yourself with a rusty pipe. You can also tell your fake lawyers to eat sh#t. You have said enough to wash out any chance you have and proved you are bringing any "harassment" upon yourself.
PS I am not a Christian so please don't use that insult in your childish reply.
A comment about the truth is not stupid, and the truth increases the chance and lawyers do read the ignorant comments you are making and they are laughing too.
mom

United States

#12 Jul 15, 2013
Is someone suing fcso?
Devin Robertson

Texarkana, AR

#13 Jul 15, 2013
I'd like to see the deputies at $35,000. This would allow the sheriff to be more picky about who gets hired and this salary would retain staff longer, rather than just training them to move on to better paying departments in other cities/counties.
Guns Not Needed

Boise, ID

#14 Jul 16, 2013
How about start at $ 50.000. Dispatchers at $ 35.000. I don't understand why they make the same. Both are very important but come on.
shadee

Texarkana, TX

#15 Jul 16, 2013
mom wrote:
Is someone suing fcso?
Not that I know of....the 'lawyer' comments were probably regarding Michael Williams' ongoing lawsuits with the school system.
Michael Williams

South West City, MO

#16 Jul 16, 2013
shadee wrote:
<quoted text>
Not that I know of....the 'lawyer' comments were probably regarding Michael Williams' ongoing lawsuits with the school system.
I have not filed any lawsuits against the district, only a grievance, check with Dr Beaty for verification.
David

United States

#17 Jul 16, 2013
Like one other person put ignore the smartass. If we don't entertain him with words he couldn't keep going. when he post something dumb like he does every day. Don't make a comment. I beg all of you to try it. He apparently has no life that's why he feeds off your posts. He loves it! It's a mental thing. Really it is. He thinks he's important on here." WITCH" hahah is far from the truth.
Devin Robertson

Texarkana, AR

#18 Jul 16, 2013
Guns Not Needed wrote:
How about start at $ 50.000. Dispatchers at $ 35.000. I don't understand why they make the same. Both are very important but come on.
Here's an eye-opener: City of Arlington requires a Bachelor's Degree but starts at $48,567 on entry to academy, moves up to $50,989 after 6 months, up to $65,066 after 4.5 years, etc. Sergeant starts at $70,922. Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Paid Life Insurance, 3 Weeks Paid Vacation, 11 Paid Holidays, 20 Year Retirement, 401K with 50% Match, Deferred Compensation Plan, Tax Saver Plan, Generous Sick Leave Plan, Uniforms/Firearm/Ballistic Vest, Tuition Reimbursement.

I'm guessing that turnover is very low in Arlington PD.

Of course, with no business industry in Fannin County for a tax base there's just not a lot of money to spend on FCSO to begin with.
Resident

Texarkana, TX

#19 Jul 17, 2013
I still get a laugh when posters on here try to compare Bonham or Fannin County to places in the metroplex.

Why would you not look for other small, rural county departments and start there for comparison sake?
fyi

Texarkana, TX

#20 Jul 17, 2013
Resident wrote:
I still get a laugh when posters on here try to compare Bonham or Fannin County to places in the metroplex.

Why would you not look for other small, rural county departments and start there for comparison sake?
Ok last time I looked, Bonham starts at about $32,000 and FCSO starts at about $23,000.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best burger (Dec '11) 2 hr Rebaldo 26
Angel angles (Oct '15) 10 hr anonymous 62
Legal fees Wed Samstown Comp 10
Kinfolk MC Wed Chief Umser Charm... 56
Jennifer Harris murdered 15 years ago last week. Jun 20 Rick Pryor 16
Jennifer Harris (Apr '15) Jun 20 Angelina 156
Savoy Coaches! (Feb '14) Feb '15 Cardinal parent 37

Savoy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance