Town Hall Meetings to discuss Fannin ...

Town Hall Meetings to discuss Fannin County Animal Control Facility set May 2-3

There are 25 comments on the North Texas e-News story from May 2, 2011, titled Town Hall Meetings to discuss Fannin County Animal Control Facility set May 2-3. In it, North Texas e-News reports that:

Take this opportunity to express your views and/or concerns regarding the proposed animal control facility.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Texas e-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
bill

Texarkana, TX

#21 Nov 24, 2011
Get off your ass get a shovel and trailer go scoop up the rock of the sides go fill in the pot holes
Crap you pay minimal road tax
Be a good citizen do it your self shut up
concerned resident wrote:
I was finished with my outrage the otherday in my post, untill I read the article in NTE-News.
I called my county commisioner to have my road repaired, still haven't heard back.(4 days ago)I was told by a neighbor that lives near me that he had also asked about road repairs and was told the county had no money for such things.
I have read about the proposed repair and remodel of the county court house, Money was spent but nothing has been done.
I made a comment about the sheriff's office vehicles looking like what we drove in afghan,Still havent got a good answer other than some political BS.
How long does it take to build an animal shelter. It's a basicly a barn with holding cages. If the county can not provide basic road repaires, fund equipment for existing divisions, and decide if they are going to repair a court house, how are they going to run a dog pound?
I though I had seen some messed up politics in Afghan, ya'll are a close second, minus the IED'S and snipers
bill

Texarkana, TX

#22 Nov 24, 2011
I guess you should have voted for the college
Students doing free spade and neutering.

Maybe Bonham could sponsor a once a month free clinic done by students vets. Kittico in Dallas does very low cost 10.00 includes rabbi shot bring your sweet little kitty's in @ 7am pick up at 3:pm
I trapped 5 a week ferall, Nieghbors No problem the cat did not complain to much. Bring em back turn em loose
Trades day would be a good day
Tired wrote:
I will have to disagree with some of what you say. I don't think the inability to get a county shelter built is due to the 'certain faction' wanting it their way although I know they do want a say in it. The 'certain faction' is the only reason it has gotten this far with their large donations to help build the facility. I believe the county commissioners, the city of Bonham and others just don't care if our county has a decent animal control facility to help with the stray, dumped, abandoned and mistreated animals in our county. I find that very sad. As for the comment that if they want one they should just take their money and build it I will say that some of the 'factions' have animal rescues and are involved in lower cost spaying and neutering in their quest to help animals in Fannin County. You may be sick of hearing about the shelter but I bet I'm sicker about the amount of dumped animals that show up in my yard where I'm left to see to them. I'm a taxpayer that believes that it is the duty of government to offer that service. Fannin County has been lucky to have money donated to the cause. It will be very sad if they don't take it.
Mini moe jack

Texarkana, TX

#23 Nov 25, 2011
That's big statement to make
The real money is in the contract then sub contracting it out as consult fees "where you walk out to the job site scratch your ass say hogwash it looks good to me" send a bill for 6K
Jones wrote:
Roy Floyd wants to put the $50,000 Kirkpatrick Animal Donation in his pocket and not use it for what it was donated for in the first place and not the remodel of the block building the city now has on Elm Street. The money needs to be used for the County wide shelter and not for Roys' pocket.
Roger

Texarkana, TX

#24 Nov 25, 2011
The city is actually constructing the animal shelter already on the north side of town.
Mini moe jack

Texarkana, TX

#25 Nov 25, 2011
The city is full of Christians and yes on the city council also if the rest of the state / country followed this country would be turning around.
Roger wrote:
The city is actually constructing the animal shelter already on the north side of town.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fannin County Jail 2 hr Deputy Dawg 17
Lesbian Motorcyle Club in Bonham Sat Anonymous 5
Does anybody know Shannon Hanna? Sat Beavis 5
Bonham schools sued Apr 21 Reality Bites 19
Football field lights and gym Apr 19 Anonymous 5
New High School Apr 18 Anonymous 12
Coach Nick Jones Apr 18 Bob 20

Savoy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance