Town Hall Meetings to discuss Fannin County Animal Control Facility set May 2-3

May 2, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Texas e-News

Take this opportunity to express your views and/or concerns regarding the proposed animal control facility.

Comments
1 - 20 of 25 Comments Last updated Nov 25, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Teaparty

Quinlan, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

I have never,ever seen so much hell raising and attention given to a DOG POUND! Gracious, if we have to go through this much fall de roll to get a dog pound built (and it ain't build yet), how in the name of God is anything else going to get done? This is ridiculous. Build the shelter and get on with it. We have a local economy going to hell in a hand basket, public schools in shambles, many, many pressing human needs, and the thing that has gotten the most attention and the least action is the animal shelter.
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

It's because a certain faction wants this thing built to their specifications. That's what happens when you mix public and private funds. The source of private funds wants a big say in things and wants to control it and to hell with the regulations tied to the public funds.
Teaparty

Quinlan, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

If a bunch of folks want to build a dog pound with their own money, what's stopping them? If they want to spend their money to get what they want, why does anyone else have to be involved? Build it and let the county and city bring them the animals.
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

It doesn't work that way.
Teaparty

Quinlan, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

Doesn't look like it works at all to me.
Tired

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2011

Judged:

I will have to disagree with some of what you say. I don't think the inability to get a county shelter built is due to the 'certain faction' wanting it their way although I know they do want a say in it. The 'certain faction' is the only reason it has gotten this far with their large donations to help build the facility. I believe the county commissioners, the city of Bonham and others just don't care if our county has a decent animal control facility to help with the stray, dumped, abandoned and mistreated animals in our county. I find that very sad. As for the comment that if they want one they should just take their money and build it I will say that some of the 'factions' have animal rescues and are involved in lower cost spaying and neutering in their quest to help animals in Fannin County. You may be sick of hearing about the shelter but I bet I'm sicker about the amount of dumped animals that show up in my yard where I'm left to see to them. I'm a taxpayer that believes that it is the duty of government to offer that service. Fannin County has been lucky to have money donated to the cause. It will be very sad if they don't take it.
bbofct

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

Teaparty wrote:
I have never,ever seen so much hell raising and attention given to a DOG POUND! Gracious, if we have to go through this much fall de roll to get a dog pound built (and it ain't build yet), how in the name of God is anything else going to get done? This is ridiculous. Build the shelter and get on with it. We have a local economy going to hell in a hand basket, public schools in shambles, many, many pressing human needs, and the thing that has gotten the most attention and the least action is the animal shelter.
first off im sure that god doesnt have anything to do with a kill facility, or the lies that was first told when this animal shelter was agreed to be built. a no kill facility was what it was supposed to be and now because a no kill facility takes a little more brains to run and a little less sitting around drinking coffee and talking they want to change the main infastructure that was origionally agreed upon. and as far as the local economy, schools in shambles and the many many pressing human needs not getting the attention they deserve could it possibly be because of the same ones inability to come up with a great plan the first time stick to that plan follow thru with that plan and then there would be the proper time for them to work on the many human needs in fannin co. which is on the back burner now i dont want you to think that i believe all of the other issues is more important than this one i mean after all how many dogs and cats rape steal lie murder well you get my drift.
concerned resident

Melissa, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 7, 2011

Judged:

I was finished with my outrage the otherday in my post, untill I read the article in NTE-News.

I called my county commisioner to have my road repaired, still haven't heard back.(4 days ago)I was told by a neighbor that lives near me that he had also asked about road repairs and was told the county had no money for such things.

I have read about the proposed repair and remodel of the county court house, Money was spent but nothing has been done.

I made a comment about the sheriff's office vehicles looking like what we drove in afghan,Still havent got a good answer other than some political BS.

How long does it take to build an animal shelter. It's a basicly a barn with holding cages. If the county can not provide basic road repaires, fund equipment for existing divisions, and decide if they are going to repair a court house, how are they going to run a dog pound?

I though I had seen some messed up politics in Afghan, ya'll are a close second, minus the IED'S and snipers
Cynic

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

concerned resident wrote:
I was finished with my outrage the otherday in my post, untill I read the article in NTE-News.
I called my county commisioner to have my road repaired, still haven't heard back.(4 days ago)I was told by a neighbor that lives near me that he had also asked about road repairs and was told the county had no money for such things.
I have read about the proposed repair and remodel of the county court house, Money was spent but nothing has been done.
I made a comment about the sheriff's office vehicles looking like what we drove in afghan,Still havent got a good answer other than some political BS.
How long does it take to build an animal shelter. It's a basicly a barn with holding cages. If the county can not provide basic road repaires, fund equipment for existing divisions, and decide if they are going to repair a court house, how are they going to run a dog pound?
I though I had seen some messed up politics in Afghan, ya'll are a close second, minus the IED'S and snipers
Good points..........but I wouldn't be too sure about the snipers!
Jones

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Roy Floyd wants to put the $50,000 Kirkpatrick Animal Donation in his pocket and not use it for what it was donated for in the first place and not the remodel of the block building the city now has on Elm Street. The money needs to be used for the County wide shelter and not for Roys' pocket.
Teaparty

Quinlan, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2011

Judged:

Jones wrote:
Roy Floyd wants to put the $50,000 Kirkpatrick Animal Donation in his pocket and not use it for what it was donated for in the first place and not the remodel of the block building the city now has on Elm Street. The money needs to be used for the County wide shelter and not for Roys' pocket.
That is a serious allegation. Could you tell us by what mechanism this money could be transferred from City coffers to Floyds pocket? I am no Roy Floyd groupie, but where do you paranoid people come up with this? just what are you all smoking down at the chamber?
Jones

Whitewright, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

Follow the public money and you will find the crook.
Teaparty

Quinlan, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

Alot of public money was supplied to the Bonham Chamber of Commerce...what crook would be found at the end of that trail?
Source

Honey Grove, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

Anonymous wrote:
It's because a certain faction wants this thing built to their specifications. That's what happens when you mix public and private funds. The source of private funds wants a big say in things and wants to control it and to hell with the regulations tied to the public funds.
From what I've read, "the source" knows more about regulations than anybody on either council or commission. Whatever they know about the regs is what she found out for them since none of them even know where to go on the internet to find it. If I had $80K to give and got my friend to put up another $80K, you're damned right I'd want a big say in things. And until somebody capable appeared to take over, I'd want to run it, too.
Anonymous

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2011

Judged:

But when you donate funds to a public project, the private sector usually doesn't have a say in things, that's why it's called a donation.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2011

Judged:

Well I'm not going to run it or build one with my own funds so they can say how they want whatever and how in the new facility. So I would say if you aren't helping run it putting your funds in to it then, SHUT UP!!!
Corey

Bonham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

I was wondering if I may use parts of your comment in a paper I am working on for school? It's an eight week project on the poor conditions of the streets in Bonham. I have not found very much in regard to street repairs. Big surprise. I was hoping we could create a forum topic for this issue... Thanks for your time.
Corey

Bonham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

This was added to the wrong post. disregard
Corey

Bonham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2011

concerned resident wrote:
I was wondering if I may use parts of your comment in a paper I am working on for school? It's an eight week project on the poor conditions of the streets in Bonham. I have not found very much in regard to street repairs. Big surprise. I was hoping we could create a forum topic for this issue... Thanks for your time
bill

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2011

You think this is bad you should call the private person funding getting a damn dog out of this person is stupid 50 question of interagation over the phone there running a prison camp for the dogs long term, wasting good money on hurt dogs that should be termed. The city needs to take control of this crap. Let them do the volunteer work, panel review board. Part of em want a stupid steam train the other half want a long term puppy mill
Floyd put your damn foot down, your a nice guy I like you but dog poo is dog poo
Anonymous wrote:

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 2 hr Gasman 22,192
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 17,737
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) 2 hr Gasman 510
Is Obama the worst President ever? 4 hr Georgeblackington 10
Surprise bill for $25,000 angers Fannin County ... 9 hr Devin Robertson 14
Drowning at Bonham State Park 9 hr 455 Trans Am 35
Sissy's Restaurant 15 hr with my children 3

Search the Savoy Forum:
•••

Savoy News Video

•••
•••

Savoy Jobs

•••