New Play Ground
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Old Man

Boise, ID

#1 Mar 17, 2014
Very nice but a painting of a Saloon, really. A Tee Pee, says nothing about the Bonham Warriors. And yes I do drink a beer now and then.
Debbie Downer

Joplin, MO

#2 Mar 17, 2014
I bet all your toy guns had the orange tip growing up?
Veteran

Texarkana, TX

#3 Mar 18, 2014
I think its a great thing for Bonham. Job well done.
Big FD

Dallas, TX

#4 Mar 18, 2014
Veteran wrote:
I think its a great thing for Bonham. Job well done.
Well whoop dee do.
Old Man

Boise, ID

#5 Mar 18, 2014
No Debbie , I did not grow up with orange tips on my toy firearms just a little to old for that , nor did my firearms in the Army , have orange tips.
anon

Peoria, IL

#6 Mar 19, 2014
have the gangs and drug lords moved into the park yet? I can't wait for Bonham to go wet so i can watch druggies drink fortys of colt 45 and Schiltz while the kids slide down to a pile of used rubbers, needles, old scratch off lottery tickets, cigarette butts, bottle caps, homemade roach clips, roaches, a tooth, 3 Braum's spoons, one McDonalds napkin, a pen from Legend Bank, a free oil change from Bonham Chrysler, two Jehovah's witness', a vet from the dom, vets bicycle, and a chicken leg from KFC, all floating in bong water.
Veteran

Texarkana, TX

#7 Mar 19, 2014
anon wrote:
have the gangs and drug lords moved into the park yet? I can't wait for Bonham to go wet so i can watch druggies drink fortys of colt 45 and Schiltz while the kids slide down to a pile of used rubbers, needles, old scratch off lottery tickets, cigarette butts, bottle caps, homemade roach clips, roaches, a tooth, 3 Braum's spoons, one McDonalds napkin, a pen from Legend Bank, a free oil change from Bonham Chrysler, two Jehovah's witness', a vet from the dom, vets bicycle, and a chicken leg from KFC, all floating in bong water.
Welcome back, Jimmie.
playground volunteer

Sherman, TX

#8 Mar 19, 2014
Veteran wrote:
I think its a great thing for Bonham. Job well done.
Thank you!!!
Billiy Williams

Boise, ID

#9 Mar 19, 2014
Just wait and see what it looks like in six months. Remember the wooden ship that was there at one time , torn up and torn down. It looks very nice but we all know what will happen.
Who Gives A Rats Tail

Dallas, TX

#10 Mar 20, 2014
This is all good. Keeps people with enough sense to know how screwed Bonham is satisfied something is being done for "the children." Face it, your community is run by thieves. Give this place less than two years and it will look like everything else in that hell hole. Go Warriors.
Anonymous

United States

#11 Mar 20, 2014
Looks cheap, not much stuff for kids to play on. What's the plan to keep all these little painted buildings from fading with all the hand painted lettering? Should have put in something similar to what was added to Simpson Park for the kids.
Jimmie

Shreveport, LA

#12 Mar 20, 2014
Veteran wrote:
<quoted text>
Welcome back, Jimmie.
You hicks from the sticks cannot quit thinking about me. What a depraved life you gomers have. Try to think about something besides me. I know I spoke the truth you needed to hear but others are speaking it with more vehemence. You people are fcuked. LOL!
anon

Peoria, IL

#13 Mar 20, 2014
Jimmie you know nobody in Fannin county knows what the word vehemence means
Veteran

Texarkana, TX

#14 Mar 20, 2014
I know who you are, dee boy. you are not first or last.
playground volunteer

Sherman, TX

#15 Mar 20, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Looks cheap, not much stuff for kids to play on. What's the plan to keep all these little painted buildings from fading with all the hand painted lettering? Should have put in something similar to what was added to Simpson Park for the kids.
Are you kidding me?!? This new playground is much larger and has more for kids to do than the one at Simpson Park.
Egos and BS

Dallas, TX

#16 Mar 21, 2014
playground volunteer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?!? This new playground is much larger and has more for kids to do than the one at Simpson Park.
Sounds like some city bitty has her ego involved in the project.
Playground Volunteer 2

Boise, ID

#17 Mar 21, 2014
Egos and BS wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like some city bitty has her ego involved in the project.
More like a lot of hard work! I personally logged in over 60 hours last week alone getting it built. I'm sure they worked hard as well.

@playground volunteer- don't worry about the negativity on this silly site! The kids absolutely LOVE the playground and the proof is in the large amount of them playing on it and the smiles on their faces. Their opinion is what counts. After all, the kids are who designed it to begin with! Thanks for all your work!
Anonymous

United States

#18 Mar 21, 2014
playground volunteer wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you kidding me?!? This new playground is much larger and has more for kids to do than the one at Simpson Park.
LOL, okay. What all is there for them to do? Look through some holes in a wall is not really that fun, but whatever. It doesn't change the fact that it looks cheap and you ignored the plan for when this paint fades. Half of that stuff will go the way of the boat. There is a reason you drive through other towns and their playground equipment looks more similar to the stuff that was added to Simpson Park. Just calling it like it is. I'm not knocking the efforts and work of the volunteers.
playground volunteer

Texarkana, AR

#19 Mar 21, 2014
Egos and BS wrote:
<quoted text>Sounds like some city bitty has her ego involved in the project.
Playground volunteer 2 is correct - it is more like lots and lots of hours building it!
playground volunteer

Texarkana, AR

#20 Mar 21, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>LOL, okay. What all is there for them to do? Look through some holes in a wall is not really that fun, but whatever. It doesn't change the fact that it looks cheap and you ignored the plan for when this paint fades. Half of that stuff will go the way of the boat. There is a reason you drive through other towns and their playground equipment looks more similar to the stuff that was added to Simpson Park. Just calling it like it is. I'm not knocking the efforts and work of the volunteers.
FYI there is a plan for long term maintenance. The materials used weren't cheap. And I'm going to stop bickering on this site of grown adults and follow the advice of playground volunteer 2 and just pay attention to the tons of kids I see playing on there every day as proof that it's a great playground. And pardon me, but I did take what you said as offensive to all of the volunteers - myself included.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School Board Election 51 min Crenshaw Lives 20
Martha Marie Clark Apr 18 Ben 4
lawn care Apr 18 Officer Les 10
Kinfolk MC (Mar '17) Apr 17 Death 69 78
Trenton PD Apr 14 Buford t justice 3
New Calvinist Church (Jan '15) Apr 14 Once saved always... 48
Jennifer Harris murder (Aug '17) Apr 3 Floydina 18

Savoy Jobs

Personal Finance

Savoy Mortgages