Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

The board approved drug testing of all students involved in any UIL activity or that drives to school. Your thoughts?? I think it is great!!!
Devin Robertson

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Who pays for the drug tests?? How often do the students get tested?? What are the consequences for testing 'positive' for illegal narcotics?? Are all the students held to the same standard for punishment or do the football students get 'extra' consideration, such as not being punished until after the fall season is over??

Sounds good on the surface, but I'm sure the devil is in the details, as always.
Michael Williams

Eureka Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

They have a policy for it, you can ask for a copy anytime. But there are ways they beat it, most Coaches know when they are going to do it and get info from the students on whether the timing is right or not, it's not as random as you think. And punishment is selective just like college and the pros. Then you have the parents who think their kid is not involved.
Anti Nazi

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical wrote:
The board approved drug testing of all students involved in any UIL activity or that drives to school. Your thoughts?? I think it is great!!!
It reeks of NAZI'ism or Stalin Russia. They had the same policy when I was in school and I never played any sports and refused to participate in UIL because of the rule. And yes, I was straight A's and very muscular and athletic, before anyone calls me a doper. I don't even touch coffee/caffeine, much less drugs like weed or coke. Not that I'm opposed to drugs, just that I don't need them to escape.

They also had some dumbass program called "D-FY-IT", "Drug-Free Youth In Texas", and they would try to lure students into giving up their right to privacy and their bodies, and be allowed to be drug tested at random, simply with the opportunity to win a raffle for some prize, or to get out of class once a week for a few minutes for propaganda training lectures.

I bet 90% of students joined that scam, simply because of the promise of free things!

Is it any wonder why almost half of America is on the government teat and willing to let the Democrats and Republicans stomp on the Constitution in exchange for free things or perceived safety?

Anything that infringes on the Bill of Rights or freedom is BAD! It's nobody's damn business what someone does with their own body. If parents want to drug test their kids, if they are that mistrustful of them and paranoid, then that is one thing. When government institutions do it, that is NAZI Germany 1930s all over again.

If you don't agree, then go practice your goosestepping and Sieg Heil to your new Fuhrers, B.H.O. and B.H.S.
Anti Nazi

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Skeptical wrote:
Any student that drives to school even? WOW! INSANITY! Kids can park on Warpath drive by the vacant fields or the soccer field and that is not school property, so they couldn't enforce that rule then. Screw whoever came up with this idea. They should be tarred and feathered and run out of the country for being so Anti-American!
GooseandGander

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

I think the idea is a great one, but tests must be random. I also believe that the coaches, sponsors, and anyone who drives students should be subject to the same randomized testing. They are hired out by a private company and you can't "beat" these tests. This isn't the '80s.
Thor

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Michael Williams wrote:
They have a policy for it, you can ask for a copy anytime. But there are ways they beat it, most Coaches know when they are going to do it and get info from the students on whether the timing is right or not, it's not as random as you think. And punishment is selective just like college and the pros. Then you have the parents who think their kid is not involved.
LOL!!!
Michael Williams

Eureka Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Thor wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!!
It's not funny, private companies don't calibrate their testing equipment regularly, thus getting false reports. Red River Regional Hospital is one just place.
GooseandGander

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Michael Williams wrote:
<quoted text>It's not funny, private companies don't calibrate their testing equipment regularly, thus getting false reports. Red River Regional Hospital is one just place.
Wow, expand your horizons and think outside of this county. If it is a conpany that stakes their reputation on accuracy and honesty, then you will be getting accurate results. I wouldn't take a dying goat with a gun shot wound for Red River for lead testing.

Everything and everyone is not out to get you or always wrong Mr. Williams.
Michael Williams

Eureka Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Keep thinking that, I have proof and I use to be a coach and saw what the AD was doing to get negative test results. Luckily he was reported and suffered the consequences. And since no one does accurate drug testing in Fannin County I am talking outside the county.
Fools

Denison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 26, 2013

Judged:

Any drug test can be passed. Including hair analysis. Lance Armstrong fooled the highest echelons of testing for a long long time. Look at the Olympics. People still get by their testing for a while anyway. Great use of taxpayers money. All these people around here that are afraid of alcohol are the very ones that think urine testing a kid "randomly" two or three times a year will change anything. Idiocracy.
Solution

Leonard, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Students should refuse to participate in school activities and like a previous poster said, park their cars off campus, until the school board reverses their decision.

Students have rights also, and we won't allow them to be taken away under the false guise of drug-free prevention crap simply because a few students smoke weed or drink. Nobody has the right to take a students blood or urine without their permission.

If the entire football or other sports teams dropped out of sports because of it, or if everyone didn't buy parking permits and parked off campus, the school board would reverse this immoral decision right away.
Michael Williams

Eureka Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

That took a lot of thought, and if students refuse they are part of the problem and not part of the solution and I hope our students are a little more educated than that.
Resident

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

I've never had a problem submitting samples for a drug test. Simple, don't do drugs. Welcome to the real world kids!
Michael Williams

Eureka Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
I've never had a problem submitting samples for a drug test. Simple, don't do drugs. Welcome to the real world kids!
So you have experience.
Resident

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Sure, most people that actually work have taken drug tests.

Who knows what you and your wife do, besides play dress up and pretend to be casting spells and running around hollering and griping! LOL, BAM!

SMILE MIKEY!!
Michael Williams

Eureka Springs, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Resident wrote:
Sure, most people that actually work have taken drug tests.
Who knows what you and your wife do, besides play dress up and pretend to be casting spells and running around hollering and griping! LOL, BAM!
SMILE MIKEY!!
Well if we were casting spells you would have been poofed a long time ago, and do you have proof of our hollering and griping. I believe it's called legit complaints. Complaints have substance griping does not. And I old enough to be your Dad, so it's called retirement and you should respect your elders punk.
WTH

Bonham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

What is wrong with the school board? They are just asking for a lawsuit saying you cannot drive to school unless you take drug tests. They will fold over this one.

Anyone who agrees with giving up freedom for the sake of safety, deserves neither.- Benjamin Franklin.

Michael and that other nut from Sherman who started this thread probably are just Anti=American Facist Democrats. Yall can go to Hail Tx, and practice your alternative lifestyles there.
WTH

Bonham, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

Michael Williams wrote:
That took a lot of thought, and if students refuse they are part of the problem and not part of the solution and I hope our students are a little more educated than that.
That is almost identical to many of Adolf Hitler's speeches, forcing people to accept his intrusive policies and submit to authoritarian rule. You should leave this country if you hate it so much. You won't be missed. Or you could wait until one night when the vigilante mob comes for you.
Anti Nazi

Caddo Mills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2013

Judged:

WTH wrote:
<quoted text>
That is almost identical to many of Adolf Hitler's speeches, forcing people to accept his intrusive policies and submit to authoritarian rule. You should leave this country if you hate it so much. You won't be missed. Or you could wait until one night when the vigilante mob comes for you.
At least a few other people here get this! It is ashamed that there are people on here saying that giving up our Bill of Rights is a good thing and that they don't have any problem with it.

It is even worse because today is Memorial Day! The country is celebrating the men and women who fought and died defending our freedoms, and yet there are people on here wanting to give them away, and indoctrinate children into thinking that there is nothing wrong with giving up their rights to privacy, and their bodies, in exchange for something like sports or driving.

People who are saying that mandatory drug testing is good are scum, and I dare to say liars, because I bet they would have a problem with random searches of their vehicles and homes, simply because they drive or live in a community. One person said "resident" said they don't have any problem with drug tests. Ok Resident, put your money where you mouth is, and post your address on here, so the proper authorities can come search you and your house, since you don't have any problems with it. "Sieg Heil, welcome to the real world, PAPERS PLEASE!"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savoy Discussions

Search the Savoy Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 37 min fubar 21,132
School Board Background Checks 3 hr Jimmie 7
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr Defiant1 16,799
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) 8 hr David 640
Tabitha Caplinger update? 10 hr Pole climber 13
Bonham Family Drug 13 hr momma 8
bonham isd is broke 16 hr Just a casual observer 42
•••
•••

Savoy News Video

•••
•••

Savoy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000