Preliminary hearing on the proposed T...

Preliminary hearing on the proposed TXU coal-fired plant in Savoy

There are 3 comments on the North Texas e-News story from Nov 26, 2006, titled Preliminary hearing on the proposed TXU coal-fired plant in Savoy. In it, North Texas e-News reports that:

A preliminary hearing on the proposed TXU coal-fired plant to be built near Savoy will be held next week in Bonham.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North Texas e-News.

Susan Meyer

Sherman, TX

#1 Dec 11, 2006
I feel this plant will pose too great a helth hassard to be allowed to proceed. There will be unacceptable levels of lead and mercury released into the atmospher.
Linn Madsen

United States

#2 Dec 16, 2006
I am looking at Savoy for a potential location to grow a small manufacturing business. If a coal plant is built near by, I'll have to look elsewhere. The sun, is the solution to the energy crisis/globel warming - not fossil fuels. And wind. I was looking at your well documented facts pages and the wind cycle could be harnessed as well.
Mitzi Levi

Sherman, TX

#3 Feb 26, 2007
My husband and I planned to retire on some land we purchased in Bells, Texas. Well, we might change those plans because of the anticipated coal plant being built in Savoy, Texas. We wanted our retirement to be a life where the clean air and the wide open spaces were to be enjoyed - not to have to be a prisoner of our home. With the anticipated buy out of TXU by Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Company and Texas Pacific Group, we now are in a quandry because who will be making promises now which wouldn't be kept?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savoy Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
justice 4 jennifer (Jun '09) 2 hr BS Detector 472
Sheriff crying 3 hr mr taggert 24
News The airplane at Fannin County Museum of History 13 hr BS Detector 2
nfl sucks 19 hr American 3
dq Sun Real 47
News First Presbyterian Church of Bonham to sponsor ... Sat DickDynasty 1
Best nursing opportunities in Bonham Sat Purple 6

Savoy Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance