Morning Star Academy expands through 6th grade

May 29, 2014 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: North Texas e-News

Bonham -- They have a saying at Morning Star Academy to explain the phenomenal growth of this non-denominational Christian school: "God has to be a part of this."

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jun 19, 2014
disappointment

Grand Prairie, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Judged:

I was so excited when this place opened. But sadly I have heard many stories of how staff are treated by their super their. And how some classrooms are over staffed and others understaffed. Many Non christian ways and attitudes for a christian facility. As a community this could be a very positive alternative but do feel that the owners and investors should speak with each employee privately and without fear of retaliation. To see what improvements in management are needed. Unhappy employees leads to unhappy students. I want this place to succeed.
anon

Peoria, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2014

Judged:

I don't have kids but if I did I would want this place to reduce their application to a lot less personal questions. I felt some of them were way out of bounds for an application that was suppose to put the kids in school.. They should be concerned about molding young minds not the parents personal business.
Rach

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 30, 2014

Judged:

Are the teachers credentialed the same as public school educators?
disappointment

Ivanhoe, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2014

Judged:

Im not sure. I kow some have their teaching certificates. Others are working on it. My understanding is this going thru sixth grade. The 1-6will be in a room together. Rotating statiins and a lot of computer teaching online. So again weigh if you can do the same at home for free. And I agree. Some questiins asked I saw and celt irrelevant to a childs admissions for education. I do hope owners and inveztors revisit and perhaps restructure and get a leader in their tyat truly is of faith ajd not on a needless power trip. But works as a team player and no favoritism. Even kids are treated this way. Just a shame. We can pray about it.
sadly true

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 31, 2014

Judged:

I too have heard the same things about that school and how it is not ran Christianly. And yes let us pray this is fixed and it does blossom its what fannin county needs.
AWS

Sherman, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2014

Judged:

Jim Jones initiative.

Dodd City, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2014

Judged:

ya!
Parent

Muskogee, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2014

My child will be starting MSA next school year and I am extreamly excited. I am personally friends with a handful of the workers there and I am aquataned with the head of the school! Not sure how rumores get started but everyone I know that works there loves it there as well as working for Mrs. Burns. I hear she is a careing and understanding boss! Every encounter I have had with her has been a pleasant one and she has showed nothing but a christian like attitude. The prices are a bit high, I will say that, but I believe it's worth it! As I saw the coments about the computers I too was a bit concerned so I inquired straight from the source. "I can assure you that any and all screan time is monitored and LIMITED!" Also, I found out for you that all the teacher from pk3-6th gread (not including teachers aids) are and will be required to be certified. As far as the daycare part goes from infant to the transition they are working on eaither being certified with a degree or are working on their C.D.A (Child development associates) wich isn't required at any other daycare in bonham.:)
Been there and seen that

Plano, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2014

Perhaps if you are concerned, you should visit the school to see for yourself. There are some grade that are combined, but certainly not 1-6. It is all age appropriate and actually works very well to keep all learning levels happy, rather than the higher level learners getting bored. The employees at MSA are happy and everyone gets along and shows great Christian character. The students are all loved and shown wonderful examples. It would be great if you went to see this for yourself rather than further spreading rumors that you can't verify.
Why

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2014

Why question something with such a good purpose?!? This school coming to our community is a blessing in itself! If you attended the end of year assembly you would see kids from 2 to 6 reciting bible verses and singing Christian songs!!! Students are going home and making their own family pray before meals! How is any of this bad? So again I say why? Is everything perfect? Maybe not, but the kids are learning and getting a STRONG Christian based education! If you can't see that, go attend a chapel service and hear a 2 year old recite a bible verse... It will melt your heart and you will ask, why didn't I see it sooner? How wonderful Morning Star is for bonham!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Savoy Discussions

Search the Savoy Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Incredible Power of Contentment (Jan '14) 1 hr Truth Be Told 3
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr fubar 17,007
VA Hospital (Nov '13) 1 hr Truth Be Told 62
Cappy's Cafe Closed 1 hr Truth Be Told 11
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 1 hr here you go 21,387
Handyman (Sep '12) 3 hr JB Bonham 12
Lan Roberts, 1936-2005: Top DJ in AM rock's hey... (Jan '06) 8 hr Official Historian 2
•••
•••

Savoy News Video

•••
•••

Savoy Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Savoy People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE