Walt Van Housen

Seymour, TN

#1 Jun 17, 2006
When I was a kid I played all over mossy bank, It was like my back yard. Whenever I get back up there for visits, that is my favorite place to go. Who else loves Mossy Bank as much as me.
Reason 123

Dallas, TX

#2 Jun 24, 2006
Mossy Bank is a great place. Most of the time that is. I live here in Bath currently, as an adult, and at times Mossy Bank is down right unpleasant. Seems these days that some people visiting the park would rather listen to blasting music than the quiet sounds of nature. In addition, during hikes I have often found evidence of illegal drug use. It seems the remote nature of overlook pavilion and some trails is ideal for this kind of illegal activity. I have also come upon situations where I would not be surprised that persons "hanging out" at the overlook were in fact doing illegal drug business. Better there than in plain view of the police in down town Bath. Still, it is a wonderful resource and an hour's nature walk with my dog helps me feel restored. Too bad such a place is abused by some people. Law enforcement isn't what it used to be either.
Walt Van Housen

Seymour, TN

#3 Jun 24, 2006
I am sorry to hear that, it is too bad the illegal use is going on, spoils my memories of that beatiful park.
Coni

Corpus Christi, TX

#4 Jun 29, 2006
Mossy Bank holds some of my favorite childhood memories. Girlscouts, my brother's Boyscouts, family pic-nics...I live in Texas now, but whenever I get back I always make time to visit Mossy Bank. As a little girl I wanted to get married there when I grew up. Thanks for reminding me of that little slice of heaven on earth!

P.S.
I was back a couple of years ago and it was still as beautifull as always!
Walt Van Housen

Seymour, TN

#5 Jul 9, 2006
Coni wrote:
Mossy Bank holds some of my favorite childhood memories. Girlscouts, my brother's Boyscouts, family pic-nics...I live in Texas now, but whenever I get back I always make time to visit Mossy Bank. As a little girl I wanted to get married there when I grew up. Thanks for reminding me of that little slice of heaven on earth!
P.S.
I was back a couple of years ago and it was still as beautifull as always!
Glad I could bring back some happy memories for you.
Walt

Seymour, TN

#6 Aug 28, 2006
Just refreashing the topic to the top
Terry Hough

Orlando, FL

#7 Mar 18, 2007
Mossy Bank, Ahhh the fond memories... many days and nights were spent there. Hunted the area around it and got my first deer, fought the big fire, in the 60's.. get pictures to this day from friends still there... living in Ormond Bch Fla now and will never forget this landmark..
Dave

Virginia Beach, VA

#8 Mar 22, 2007
I have fond memories of Mossy Bank. Built a block grill for the boy scouts there as a kid. Hiked the old winding dirt road or is it paved now. Had a girl friend that lived at the bottom of the hill.What a view what good memories
Walt

Seymour, TN

#9 Mar 22, 2007
Dave wrote:
I have fond memories of Mossy Bank. Built a block grill for the boy scouts there as a kid. Hiked the old winding dirt road or is it paved now. Had a girl friend that lived at the bottom of the hill.What a view what good memories
Cool Dave, the old road has trees growing up in it, but the veiw is still there.
DORIS

Victor, NY

#10 Jun 12, 2007
WE LOVE MOSSEY BANK PARK AND TRY TO GET THERE AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR. LAST YEAR WE HAD TO SHOW MY COUSINS FROM PENN YAN WHERE IT WAS, WE ARE GETTING TOGETHER THERE NEXT WEEK. IT IS SO PEACEFULL DURING THE WEEK.
Paul Fletcher

Binghamton, NY

#11 Oct 15, 2007
Carl

Orem, UT

#12 Dec 28, 2008
DORIS wrote:
WE LOVE MOSSEY BANK PARK AND TRY TO GET THERE AT LEAST ONCE A YEAR. LAST YEAR WE HAD TO SHOW MY COUSINS FROM PENN YAN WHERE IT WAS, WE ARE GETTING TOGETHER THERE NEXT WEEK. IT IS SO PEACEFULL DURING THE WEEK.
I remember good times on Mossey Bank. A friend and I got locked in after hours one night ! We had a heck of a time getting out
Mossy Scout

Elmira, NY

#13 Feb 7, 2009
My coolest discovery at Mossy Bank was down by the "cliff" below the lookout shack we carefully climbed down over the side to see millions of fossilized sponges in the rocks all over the side of that cliff. We hammered some out to show others but no one was really as excited as the three of us adventurists were back then. It's just cool to imagine all of that was under water a long time ago!
Lori Axtell

Reston, VA

#14 Jul 12, 2010
Do you know if there is a way to reserve the covered picnic pavilions? We are planning to have a graduation party there next year.

Since: Jan 10

AOL

#16 Jul 24, 2010
Absolutely love Mossy Bank. my hubby was born and raised in Bath/Hammondsport and took me to Mossy bank on my 1st trip in 1993 - it was amazing and I love it so much that my mouse pad that I currently use is a View of Bath from Mossy Bank Park. Was up in Bath last weekend for a family weding and it was as beautiful as that last time. Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savona Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Corning store's sugar cookies missed (Apr '06) Aug '17 jazzyjoe 37
News Man faces multiple felony charges after fire (Jan '09) Jul '17 Jason Pope 12
bath judicial system (Apr '16) May '17 judges indabag 2
News FCC fines Syracuse radio owner $20,000 after 'u... (Jun '16) May '17 ZIONIST MEDIA CABAL 4
More Bath Rumors... (Apr '13) May '17 yidfellas v USA 20
News Holocaust survivor to speak in Corning Updated at (Apr '16) May '17 USS LIBERTY 2
News Eric Smith gets 4th try for parole next week (Jun '08) Jul '15 Canuck Person 276

Savona Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savona Mortgages