First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Wanda

Manchester, TN

#61 Sep 10, 2011
lol wrote:
Now the working on the sabbath. Can you explain. Jews sabbath is on Saturday. Christian is on Sunday. What day does your preacher work on? So before you go throwing stones think a little.
An added thought to your comment..what if you went to Er? Needed Police for protection..Ambulance? You gonna take anyone home from Nursing home and carry them back on Monday? You want water, heat and lights when you flip the switch on Sunday?
Some have to work on Sunday to keep their job. When it comes to keeping food on my table, clothes on the backs of my family and meds for the sick ones..and Sunday has to be a workday..Gods knows my situation..Do you ever visit any restruant or store on Sunday? Some have to work .. That is just life..I know God thinks there is lots worse things I can be doing on a Sunday than working when my job requires it..
boys

United States

#62 Sep 10, 2011
Incredibly Credible wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Are you confused? You said it was Sunday for Christians. Look, I don't care which day you decide to stone people for working on, but you'd all better get your story straight before Jesus comes back to destroy the world and judge you for your sins.
I love your comments. LOVE LOVE LOVE. so true. Cherry picking scripture is VERY common among the believers. Birds of a feather... but I would suggest to you to not quote the buybull in some argument with an xtian. Its very counter productive. By using it, you are giving validity to the thing in the first place. Very silly.
boys

United States

#63 Sep 10, 2011
I pray at this moment that you will have mercy on these people...
Quit it! Stop! I didn't ask for it and don't want it! Arg!
If you keep it up im going to start praying you "turn gay". Most xtians think you can pray the gay away, so therefore im going to pray the gay into you. How do you like that?
Incredibly Credible

Memphis, TN

#64 Sep 10, 2011
boys wrote:
I love your comments. LOVE LOVE LOVE. so true. Cherry picking scripture is VERY common among the believers. Birds of a feather... but I would suggest to you to not quote the buybull in some argument with an xtian. Its very counter productive. By using it, you are giving validity to the thing in the first place. Very silly.
I'm glad someone enjoys them. I disagree about quoting scripture, though. In my experience trolling believers, the first accusation is usually that I haven't read their holy book. I like to put that crap to rest quickly. Of course they then tend to accuse me of not "understanding" their holy book. Not much I can do about that, but at least I can highlight some of the Bible's inconsistencies in the process (for the bystanders).

You're right, though. That book is useless (mostly because it is so open to interpretation and relies on revealed truths rather than evidence). However, it's easy to dismiss someone's arguments if they're not even internally consistent. So, if someone is arguing based on biblical authority, a little knowledge can go a long way. As always, YMMV.

:D
Incredibly Credible

Memphis, TN

#65 Sep 10, 2011
Our Heavenly Father wrote:
You have shown me again after the public prayer an atheist started looking up scripture and I might add he did a great job.Bless you ole LORD you never cease to amaze me.You are the power that dwells in me.If i should afend the please use swift punishment to guide me back in the realms of your Holy Sprit.
Theres plenty of room on this cloud come on an ride
Heads, you win; tails, I lose. All you had to do was go against Jesus' advice about how to pray. Well done. Or it would have been, if I hadn't been quoting scripture from the KJV version of the Holy Myth earlier in the thread.

I have to admit that it's a little sad to see someone's mental illness displayed on the internet. Talking to god on a forum is about as childish as sending Santa a letter addressed to the North Pole at Christmas time. Do you think god has Cable/DSL or is he still dialing up to AOL like a lot of old farts?
TDH

United States

#66 Sep 11, 2011
I do not believe in the make believe christian god. But I do respect the ones that do. I will not bother them on Sundays. And for the 7th Day Adventist I will not bother them. I let people know I don't believe. But they also know what my values are. I will not argue my opinions. As I will respect yours. Just don't preach them onto me. I could care less and you will not change me. I have no god to be scared of. And no worry as to where I am going to heaven or hell seeing they don't exist to me. I don't do bad things knowing that all I have to do is pray for forgiveness. I love people and do my best to be honest and fair to them. As a christian friend said to me "Christianity is a way of life" I can truly respect that. Be happy and love every one. It is really what it is all about.
Well

United States

#67 Sep 11, 2011
haveyouknow wrote:
you do realize that the bible was written by a man who was halucinting right? And I am not saying halucinating as in my opinion I mean literally halucinating! How can you believe a book that is nothing but rules that constantly contradict each other created by a man that was literally documented as insane? It's just rules people. Live your life as good people but don't judge people based on a book of rules
Yes, I have heard the same. The person who wrote the book of Revelations, John, was on the island of Patmos. The entire island was covered in poppy, which is a hallucinogenic. Dude was tripping!!!
WONDERING

Tullahoma, TN

#68 Sep 12, 2011
HALF_PINT wrote:
PEOPLE GO TO CHURCH but sin and go against the commandments
Well,i guess we can add becky doyle stanfill to the list now,since she got put in jail for D.U.I. lastnight,i wonder if she was in church before this happen,oh well from what i heard this makes #2 or 3 she has got over the yrs.,wonder if the smiths will get her out of this one?

Since: Aug 11

Cordova, TN

#69 Sep 12, 2011
Philippians 2:12

Work out your own salvation - This important command was first addressed to Christians, but there is no reason why the same command should not be regarded as addressed to all - for it is equally applicable to all. The duty of doing this is enjoined here; the reason for making the effort, or the encouragement for the effort, is stated in the next verse. In regard to the command here, it is natural to inquire why it is a duty; and what is necessary to be done in order to comply with it? On the first of these inquiries, it may be observed that it is a duty to make a personal effort to secure salvation, or to work out our salvation:

(1) Because God commands it. There is no command more frequently repeated in the Scriptures, than the command to make to ourselves a new heart; to strive to enter in at the strait gate; to break off from sin, and to repent.

(2) it is a duty because it is our own personal interest that is at stake. No one else has, or can have, as much interest in our salvation as we have. It is every person's duty to be as happy as possible here, and to be prepared for eternal happiness in the future world. No person has a right either to throw away his life or his soul. He has no more right to do the one than the other; and if it is a person's duty to endeavor to save his life when in danger of drowning, it is no less his duty to endeavor to save his soul when in danger of hell.

(3) our earthly friends cannot save us. No effort of theirs can deliver us from eternal death without our own exertion. Great as may be their solicitude for us, and much as they may do, there is a point where their efforts must stop - and that point is always short of our salvation, unless we are roused to seek salvation. They may pray, and weep, and plead, but they cannot save us. There is a work to be done on our own hearts which they cannot do.

(4) it is a duty, because the salvation of the soul will not take care of itself without an effort on our part. There is no more reason to suppose this than that health and life will take care of themselves without our own exertion. And yet many live as if they supposed that somehow all would yet be well; that the matter of salvation need not give them any concern, for that things will so arrange themselves that they will be saved. Why should they suppose this anymore in regard to religion than in regard to anything else?

(5) it is a duty, because there is no reason to expect the divine interposition without our own effort. No such interposition is promised to any man, and why should he expect it? In the case of all who have been saved, they have made an effort - and why should we expect that God will favor us more than he did them? "God helps them who help themselves;" and what reason has any man to suppose that he will interfere in his case and save him, if he will put forth no effort to "work out his own salvation?"

Since: Aug 11

Cordova, TN

#70 Sep 12, 2011
Leroy

Jackson, TN

#71 Sep 12, 2011
WONDERING wrote:
<quoted text>Well,i guess we can add becky doyle stanfill to the list now,since she got put in jail for D.U.I. lastnight,i wonder if she was in church before this happen,oh well from what i heard this makes #2 or 3 she has got over the yrs.,wonder if the smiths will get her out of this one?
I wouldn't worry about it. I would just mind my own business if I was you!!
read it!!

Olive Branch, MS

#72 Sep 13, 2011
Do not judge, or you too will be judge. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. (Matthew 7-1and2)
none

Manchester, TN

#74 Sep 15, 2011
If you where that big of a christian you would all know judge not yet ye be judged

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
meth heads and cooks hardin county 5 hr wonmycase 6
Jerry springer- Danielle Roberson 5 hr steph 6
RunawayFelon 7 hr i love everybody 2
Lonely Women Make Good Lovers (Oct '11) 7 hr Seventeen 178
vicky suntrust 8 hr lolol 10
What's the 411 9 hr Info needed pls 16
Towboat salaries (Jan '12) 9 hr Sugg it 66
More from around the web

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE