Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns

Oct 4, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Corner

Imagine your home catches fire but the local fire department won't respond, then watches it burn.

Comments

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
very conserned person

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

yeah i hope it dose to i have'nt heard anything about it were i live but im thinking of telling the tv station were i live about it cuz i think every city or town need's to know about this so hopefuly this dose not happin in there town to i think everyone need's to know about this it's crazy to know that a fire dpt anywere in the U.S.A. would let this happin look at 9/11 wen the hole state came together to fight the fire wen the twin tower's burnt to the ground that dose not speek very highly of the fire fighter's in south fulton dose it i mean come on ppl wth is going on in our world today to let a fire dpt let a house burn to the ground just becouse someone did not pay money to keep that from happing wth like i said before they need to fire every one of the fire fighter's who let the house burn to the ground cuz that's not right at all hell water is free they did not even try to put it out i need to stop wile im a head cuz im gunna say something that i can't post on here god bless the familey that lived in that house i hope they get help with everything that they need i would sue the hell out of the city of south fulton that's all im gunna say good luck to the familey who's house that burned
buddy

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Ashamed wrote:
I sure hope this doesn't make National headline
it already has, was on fox news last week. out of new york.

“Bipartisanship at last!”

Since: Aug 08

bout time!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

That a piece of crap fire chief, people pay property taxes don't they? The true future of Republican politics. Makes me sick.
R Lopilato

Henderson, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

I just saw the most disgusting and despicable interview on Countdown with Keith Oberman regarding your refusal to put the fire out at Gene Cradick's home. That is the most callous and cruel display of public service I have seen in my entire life. It appears to me that you have sold your integrity and humanity for $75.00. I shudder to think what you would have done if a person was trapped inside; perhaps drive to the local Burger king and get a "Charboiled" burger. Words will never express the absolute disgust I feel for your actions, your community morals, and the lack of empathy for your fellow citizens. God will remember!

Since: Aug 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Laws are laws,this is why they sell home-owners insurance.... sad but true.
I am not saying it was right but we city residents pay and so should the rural residents????

“Ah, don't listen to me. ”

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Lewholt wrote:
That a piece of crap fire chief, people pay property taxes don't they? The true future of Republican politics. Makes me sick.
Sorry to disillusion you, but it sounds like you have the Democrat Party in charge of your town.

See, a town has certain functions it provides for the taxes it charges. One of them is police. Another is a fire dept. Now, when the Powers-that-be withhold those functions because a fee wasn't paid, it means that the powers-that-be own you.

A combination of fees and taxes? Hmmmm.

BTW doesn't this town have a volunteer fire-dept? Or is it totally owned and not allowed by the Democrat Machine?
get the facts

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

I own three city properties and pay my fair share of taxes...however, I live in Kentucky. Therefore, I cannot vote in South Fulton or Obion County. I also know that they probably couldn't care less about my opinion. This "broken" policy could be so fairly corrected. Pass a county wide tax...all Obion County property owners split the funding of the fire department equally. The more you own, the more you pay, like any other tax. The fire department would then be generously funded, the firefighters could respond to all calls for help, and all citizens would benefit. I understand that the large land owners in the county do not want such a tax because they would probably have to pay more (based on their property's value) than the average citizen. The county commissioners are apparrently made up of farmers...let's see if they'll pass a tax that would make the average person's taxes decrease while their's will most likely increase. But again, each property owner in our county should shoulder their part of the burden...not expect the man with a $20,000 trailer on a quarter acre pay the same as a person who owns 10,000 acres and a $100,000+ home.
IAFF

Florissant, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

This is a national embarrassment and a disgrace to every one of us!

This is what you get when you destroy our unions and elect money grubbing, sell out officials.
Keep electing these tea bagging republican hacks America and you'll see more and more of these rediculous policies.

Whats next, the local paramedics with a credit card reader built into the defibrillator?
sadthing

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

Ok everyone! If you will only pay $75 a yr. this wouldn't happen. I pay cause if I didn't I would face the same problem. Divide that by 12 months and see what you get.$6.25 a month, Don't go to Mickeydees once a month and you could pay the $75. a yr. Come on everyone that can afford to pay to live on there own can afford to pay 75 a yr. Sometimes it is too late for somethings. I see it this way, if you care about your memories and belongings take care of it. It was a sad thing that happened the other day but in all reality it sucks. I don't know who made up this law but I'm sure it wasn't only the firechiefs decision at all. He doesn't make decisions for the whole county. If so many are against it we need to do something about it. I am against it but it is a law and I must abide by it. Everyone wants money these days and it isn't going to get much better I tell you that.
this is very simple

Martin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 4, 2010

Judged:

if a person chooses not to pay the yearly fire fee, it is fine. However, if they dont there should be a high charge involved in putting the fire out once they are called out to a home of who does not pay. That way it gives county residents incintive to pay the 75.00. If they still choose not to, well fine. Just when the fire trucks roll up on ther burning home charge them and charge them plenty, however to stand by and do nothing while a persons belongings are burning to the ground is just wrong. Especially if the owner is agreeing to pay for any charges to put the flames out.
Upper states

Bismarck, ND

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

Rowdy-RedNeck wrote:
Laws are laws,this is why they sell home-owners insurance.... sad but true.
I am not saying it was right but we city residents pay and so should the rural residents????
So charge them for there services. If they have homeowners insurance they can pay the fire department. Two wrongs never make a right. How cruel.
John Q Citizen

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

South Fulton you really made the bug time!Millions of people are outraged over this!Very sad indeed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/04/fire...
Social Justice

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

Before the $75 fee there was *no* fire department coverage for this rural area. In this case both houses would likely have burned down.

What would have been the result if they had put the house fire out - Next year no one would have paid the $75 fire insurance fee and the department(s) would have been denied the operating, maintenance, and capital funding that the $75 X (number of houses in district) provides.

Same with health insurance: If you have it you get the services it provides.

If you can't get the $75 then there are charities, odd jobs, and ebay all available to raise the $75.

Personally I love being lucky (parking places, friends, relationships, etc) but I don't depend on luck when it comes to fire or auto issues.

Apparently Gene Cradick and family did and paid the price. They had a choice. They made it and now they have to live with their consequences.

Next!
John Q Citizen

Livingston, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

Social Justice wrote:
Before the $75 fee there was *no* fire department coverage for this rural area. In this case both houses would likely have burned down.
What would have been the result if they had put the house fire out - Next year no one would have paid the $75 fire insurance fee and the department(s) would have been denied the operating, maintenance, and capital funding that the $75 X (number of houses in district) provides.
Same with health insurance: If you have it you get the services it provides.
If you can't get the $75 then there are charities, odd jobs, and ebay all available to raise the $75.
Personally I love being lucky (parking places, friends, relationships, etc) but I don't depend on luck when it comes to fire or auto issues.
Apparently Gene Cradick and family did and paid the price. They had a choice. They made it and now they have to live with their consequences.
Next!
They let a man's house burn down over 75 dollars.Fortunately not all people subscribe to your way of thinking.We seen they were making a point,but this time it got out of hand and there will be hell to pay!
TThe Mud Mullet

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

It is National news and it is confirmed. Your firefighters are UNAMERICAN. The lowest of the low. If those firefighters just stood there they have no spine. And it is on video. It looks America is going to make sure you have a real fire department. And a real Mayor. You are welcome.
TThe Mud Mullet

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

This is not a matter of party it is a fact that they would rather watch a man lose everything he owns and enjoy it. I am surprised they did not bring marshmellows.
bud

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

i love it, i love it!!!! the whole nation now knows what backwards, idiotic, people we are down here. they also are finding out about the local "good ole boy" government. it is so funny!!!!! bout time somebody calls out the officials. cant hide the money anymore can they!!
get the facts

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

TThe Mud Mullet wrote:
It is National news and it is confirmed. Your firefighters are UNAMERICAN. The lowest of the low. If those firefighters just stood there they have no spine. And it is on video. It looks America is going to make sure you have a real fire department. And a real Mayor. You are welcome.
We need all the outside intervention we can get! Thanks go out to anyone who stands up for the underdog!
bud

Dyersburg, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

thank you! goliad. That is the way this county has been ran for years. city council, among others putting tax payer dollars in their own pockets then wanting to make citizens pay for services that should be provided with that money. thank you for your insight on this.
TThe Mud Mullet

New Smyrna Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2010

Judged:

PETA is on their way about the four horses burning in the barn. ENJOY!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Savannah Forum right now

Search the Savannah Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 30 min WTSenior 124,440
jessica murphy 1 hr Really 38
4 Lane Pickwick Road 1 hr shame 26
savannah villiage apartments 1 hr frinightspecial 18
Has anyone heard from Robert Grissom, friend of... 2 hr Bud Hols 1
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 3 hr land owner 8,501
Class of '06 3 hr Crazy1 7
•••
•••
•••
Savannah Dating

more search filters

less search filters