East Hardin Elementary MOLD
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
truth

Henderson, TN

#41 Sep 16, 2013
If they couldn't follow through with letter it shouldn't have been promised!
selina scott

United States

#42 Sep 16, 2013
The test were done nearly 2 weeks ago. The results were expected back on Friday. The Board of Education told us the results would be sent home in a note Friday evening. They were not sent home with any news about the mold.
Letter

Savannah, TN

#43 Sep 17, 2013
I received a letter Monday.was I the only one , lol. It states that the test results were inconclusive and needed to be reevaluated. As soon as the results are back in we'd receive the results. The health dept has been in the school and the EPA has had someone in. They have decided at this point it is safe for our children. The faculty at East have taken every step and action necessary. All parents have also been told if the problem ever becomes unsafe all children will be removed, immediately. Not one child from this school has been to a doctor and diagnosed with a sickness even related to Mold. If so it would be all over the news and this podunk town.
I know most all of savannah believes in a few conspiracies, but this is not one.
dude

Pine Bluff, AR

#44 Sep 17, 2013
Letter wrote:
I received a letter Monday.was I the only one , lol. It states that the test results were inconclusive and needed to be reevaluated. As soon as the results are back in we'd receive the results. The health dept has been in the school and the EPA has had someone in. They have decided at this point it is safe for our children. The faculty at East have taken every step and action necessary. All parents have also been told if the problem ever becomes unsafe all children will be removed, immediately. Not one child from this school has been to a doctor and diagnosed with a sickness even related to Mold. If so it would be all over the news and this podunk town.
I know most all of savannah believes in a few conspiracies, but this is not one.
I said this a few posts back.
Green peace

United States

#45 Sep 18, 2013
I actually did take my child to the doctor with concerns that she might be getting sick related to the mold exposure. The doctor said that if she starts wheezing, she might be having a reaction to the mold. Nasal congestion or sinus issues is just that- sinus issues related to this time of the year. I send my child, who is medically fragile, to that school every day with the utmost confidence that she is loved, cared for and being educated by the best. The administration would never put her health in jeopardy to keep themselves from "looking bad". After all, they did not plant the mold, so why should they try to "cover up" anything? Any and all questions I've had have been answered honestly & to the best of their ability. I think that communication with- instead of bashing- your child's educators on a public forum is a much more effective way to get answers.
AweHell

Mcminnville, TN

#46 Sep 18, 2013
Green peace wrote:
I actually did take my child to the doctor with concerns that she might be getting sick related to the mold exposure. The doctor said that if she starts wheezing, she might be having a reaction to the mold. Nasal congestion or sinus issues is just that- sinus issues related to this time of the year. I send my child, who is medically fragile, to that school every day with the utmost confidence that she is loved, cared for and being educated by the best. The administration would never put her health in jeopardy to keep themselves from "looking bad". After all, they did not plant the mold, so why should they try to "cover up" anything? Any and all questions I've had have been answered honestly & to the best of their ability. I think that communication with- instead of bashing- your child's educators on a public forum is a much more effective way to get answers.
Awehell, the ones doing the bashing are prob the one that got their pissie little rundown schools closed and are still crying about it. But you can't blame them for it, after all, look at their breeding habits. They are taught to bitch about the man. They don't have any other goal in life or life for that matter.
concerned citizen

Paris, TN

#47 Sep 18, 2013
AweHell wrote:
<quoted text>Awehell, the ones doing the bashing are prob the one that got their pissie little rundown schools closed and are still crying about it. But you can't blame them for it, after all, look at their breeding habits. They are taught to bitch about the man. They don't have any other goal in life or life for that matter.
I would like you to make this comment out in some of the rural areas where the schools were closed.
concerned citizen

Paris, TN

#48 Sep 18, 2013
Green peace wrote:
I actually did take my child to the doctor with concerns that she might be getting sick related to the mold exposure. The doctor said that if she starts wheezing, she might be having a reaction to the mold. Nasal congestion or sinus issues is just that- sinus issues related to this time of the year. I send my child, who is medically fragile, to that school every day with the utmost confidence that she is loved, cared for and being educated by the best. The administration would never put her health in jeopardy to keep themselves from "looking bad". After all, they did not plant the mold, so why should they try to "cover up" anything? Any and all questions I've had have been answered honestly & to the best of their ability. I think that communication with- instead of bashing- your child's educators on a public forum is a much more effective way to get answers.
Thats exactly what I would say {if I were a employee of the board of education}.
dude

Pine Bluff, AR

#49 Sep 18, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like you to make this comment out in some of the rural areas where the schools were closed.
Haha ain't never gonna happen..
bystander

Collierville, TN

#50 Sep 19, 2013
What? I cannot believe what im reading. Yes, there was outrage over schools being closed but whats done is done. The new schools are built and kids are finally settled in them. This has absolutely nothing to do with the schools closing. We have a 4 year old school that has a mold issue and the truth is it always has.Mold was seen as the school was being built. As much as you would like to make this about the other schools closing its a outright lie. Whether you want to admit or not kids are getting sick. To the one who posted about not blaming our educators. You obviously don't know the whole story. Our educators are the ones telling our teachers not to even be looking for mold.
Green peace

United States

#51 Sep 19, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats exactly what I would say {if I were a employee of the board of education}.
My comment was made as a parent, not as an employee of the Board of Education. Anyone who knows me or my situation knows that I have nothing to lose by standing against the school system if I thought they were hiding something or in the wrong. My feelings are based on my experiences as an involved parent, not on who signs my paycheck.
info

Cookeville, TN

#52 Sep 19, 2013
Simple as this. If u wanna take a stand private message Angela Murphy or selina Scott on Facebook and tell them you will show up to the wbbj TV interview scheduled for Monday! We need a headcount Friday and they will come. We need your help! Please! Also there is another board meeting tomorrow at 10 at the board of education and wbbj was also contacted to be here for that. If u wanna do something about it then step up! I work there and I can tell u anything u wanna know about that school. Its not conspiracies or lies. Its seen in person. If u don't like what ur reading, leave this forum. Thanks!
knows

United States

#53 Sep 20, 2013
Pickwick Landing State Park is completely full of mold and they have been fully aware of it for years, can you imagine the number of people it has made sick thru the years? Their answers to the the mold is to slap some paint on it and throw a few humidifiers in the rooms and halls. Osha has no air regulations so they will not do anything to help.Taxpayers support the Inn and our schools!! so what does it take? no one seems to care
Cruel World

Henderson, TN

#54 Sep 20, 2013
I have took my child to the doctor over his stuffy nose, nausea and fatigue bc as in a letter received from this school were signs to be looked for. I just wanted to be sure and didn't panic at first. But now after taking him I am here to tell you that yes any parents should be concerned. They now want to test him with blood work, swabs, and more tests if his probelms continue. They are believing that possible exposure to mold spores could be an issue in his sickness. Needless to say my child is being pulled from this school if the tests conclude mold is the problem. Before any negative remarks are thrown my way no I do not work for the Board of Education, this school, or any other for that matter. And I am not a pissy person about the older schools bc he did not attend any of those. So now for those of you who want to try come on and find an excuse for what ive stated. You can't find one other than THE MOLD COULD BE DANGEROUS whether any of you skeptics believe it or not.
mother

United States

#55 Sep 20, 2013
Cruel World wrote:
I have took my child to the doctor over his stuffy nose, nausea and fatigue bc as in a letter received from this school were signs to be looked for. I just wanted to be sure and didn't panic at first. But now after taking him I am here to tell you that yes any parents should be concerned. They now want to test him with blood work, swabs, and more tests if his probelms continue. They are believing that possible exposure to mold spores could be an issue in his sickness. Needless to say my child is being pulled from this school if the tests conclude mold is the problem. Before any negative remarks are thrown my way no I do not work for the Board of Education, this school, or any other for that matter. And I am not a pissy person about the older schools bc he did not attend any of those. So now for those of you who want to try come on and find an excuse for what ive stated. You can't find one other than THE MOLD COULD BE DANGEROUS whether any of you skeptics believe it or not.
I hope your child gets better... This is a bad thing and I hope they can do something before any more gets sick.. My prayers are sent for your child and family...
Cruel World

Henderson, TN

#56 Sep 22, 2013
mother wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope your child gets better... This is a bad thing and I hope they can do something before any more gets sick.. My prayers are sent for your child and family...
Thank you. I hope so too. All these deserve a healthy place to learn at. Kids are what make the world so they deserve nothing but the best.
Mold gone

Counce, TN

#57 Sep 29, 2013
Will check

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
c10 1 hr Elephant Rhino 2
Diary Queen old building 3 hr Grammar Police 4
Wayne Hill 8 hr PREACHER 16
savannah, land of retards (Oct '10) 16 hr Earl 14
Poll why dose the savannah topix allow lies to be to... (Sep '11) 16 hr Grammar Police 10
Whisper Jones 18 hr Ctx 6
Is Kroger a good place to work? (Oct '12) 19 hr HomeStore 46

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages