Who is the best towboat company to wo...

Who is the best towboat company to work for?

Posted in the Savannah Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
I guess

Jackson, TN

#1 Apr 20, 2011
would like to go to work for a good towboat company.just dont know who would be the best choice for someone green.
tankerman7121

Alvin, TX

#2 Jun 20, 2011
I would have to say Blessey marine.
Info

United States

#3 Jun 20, 2011
Crounse Corp.. It's the best I know of.. But there are several companys that are great..
Kayce

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Jun 20, 2011
I know of a lot of people that work for Southern Towing Co. out of Memphis. My family has worked for and with them for about 15 years now. I'm sure there are a lot of good companies to work for but at Southern, they treat you more like family and not just a number or a hand. They have taken care of my family through some really hard times and if you are serious about your job, they will take care of you.
towboater

Philadelphia, PA

#5 Jun 20, 2011
Ingram is the best and has good benefits and aep
crounse sucks

United States

#6 Jun 22, 2011
i happen to work for crounse and its the cheapest one on the river. im quiting and going somewhere else. but if you like being underpaid and treated like shit then thats the company for you. and as for the ass kissers that want to get on here and defend this peice of crap company you also know its true. but go ahead and work yourself to death for low pay, crapy benefits and an awful retirement
danny

United States

#7 Jun 23, 2011
I used to work for southern towing and pay not all that great . Then I working for hunter marine now . The pay here is good . I know they are hiring now but the pay for inexperience is about the same everywhere until you work yourself up to experience. It really depends what kind of schedule you prefer.
TowboatVet

Middleton, TN

#8 Jun 23, 2011
I worked out on the water a long time.It depends on what your goals are.If you want to deck,ARTCO.If you want to be a tankerman,DIXIE CARRIERS.If you want to get in wheelhouse quick go work with the coonasses anywhere along Intracoastal Waterway,if you can put up with them.
towboat bob

Weimar, TX

#9 Jun 23, 2011
Dixie carriers got bought out by Kirby inland marine in 1969 an today Kirby is the largest inland tank barge company in America
tow boater

Tullahoma, TN

#10 Jun 23, 2011
have you tried acl,use to be acbl?
i quess

Tiptonville, TN

#11 Jun 23, 2011
thank you all for the info. i tried ingram,canal,golden and inland but no luck so far.i'll try the others
towboater

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jun 23, 2011
I know ingram is hiring and if I knew u I could help u out
towboat bob

United States

#13 Jun 23, 2011
Golding barge line is a great company I hear
LeRoy

United States

#14 Jun 24, 2011
After 31 years out there, I can tell you towboating is not the same as it used to be. Try Blessy Marine. They have beautiful boats, and I hear that ole man Blessy treats his employees with respect!
i quess

Tiptonville, TN

#15 Jun 24, 2011
towboater wrote:
I know ingram is hiring and if I knew u I could help u out
are you a captain?
Mustang

Shelbyville, TN

#16 Jun 24, 2011
That nickel boy that works for ingram is a queer I heard
whatever

United States

#17 Jun 24, 2011
Mustang wrote:
That nickel boy that works for ingram is a queer I heard
well u heard wrong i know him and hes far from being a queer. hes got a girlfriend and a baby so next time get ur facts straight
boat Lover

Tipton, TN

#18 Jun 24, 2011
i like peters
Wardbuster

Middleton, TN

#19 Jun 25, 2011
towboat bob wrote:
Dixie carriers got bought out by Kirby inland marine in 1969 an today Kirby is the largest inland tank barge company in America
Not to call you wrong but you got that backwards.Dixie Carriers bought Kirby.I was working for Brent when Dixie Carriers bought them out.We then started running under Kirby.I used to get company magazine every quarter.
lindsey

United States

#20 Jun 25, 2011
My b/f works at AEP out of Paducah, KY. As far as I know its a great company to work for. Might should try it out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
savannah, land of retards (Oct '10) 4 hr Ignorance s ux 9
courtney richards (Sep '11) 6 hr Rhett Butler 24
Brandon Garrard 10 hr Dingledick 14
Sweet Tater 11 hr Grandpa 1
burnout contest pickwick dragstrip tonite! 11 hr Uniden Bearcat 7
lost and found 14 hr youngin 5
Whose house is this? 14 hr Franks 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages