Buster Poindexter

Olive Branch, MS

#23 Mar 13, 2012
John is doing a great job,possibly the best superintendent Hardin County has had to date.If all staff even support staff were given right to carry permits,after proper training,i would support it 100%.If some little thug brandishes a weapon,then let some of the staff dispatch him quickly before we have our own columbine.
uh huh

Arlington, TX

#25 Mar 14, 2012
Yep Yep Yep wrote:
The law states that even law enforcement officers are only to carry weapons into a school while students are present; when the circumstances of their job warrants the weapon. They should have reasoon to enter the school with a weapon!!
so true
Yep Yep Yep

Kingsport, TN

#27 Mar 14, 2012
Do you people really think carrying a gun in school makes anyone safer? You want a shoot out? Maybe you were born a century too late; but DO NOT do it where my children or grand children are!! I won't argue about if Thomas is a good superintendent or not; although I think they should be replaced; the fact is; The Law is The Law and we should ALL be required to follow the law!! It is true our children are not safe in schools any more; but citizens carrying guns in the school only serves to escalate that problem. Bullets flying from 2 guns is not safer than bullets flying from one.
OHNOUDONT

Olive Branch, MS

#28 Mar 16, 2012
I agree with the statement that if a person had grabbed that weapon and shot someone your statements would be different!
Intlp

Bowie, MD

#29 Mar 16, 2012
Yep Yep Yep wrote:
Do you people really think carrying a gun in school makes anyone safer? You want a shoot out? Maybe you were born a century too late; but DO NOT do it where my children or grand children are!! I won't argue about if Thomas is a good superintendent or not; although I think they should be replaced; the fact is; The Law is The Law and we should ALL be required to follow the law!! It is true our children are not safe in schools any more; but citizens carrying guns in the school only serves to escalate that problem. Bullets flying from 2 guns is not safer than bullets flying from one.
Bull!!! A trained single shot from a composed individual would not be "bullets flying". It would, however, end the bullets flying from the weapon of a crazed rogue individual!

Guns do not kill people!!! People kill people!
Yep Yep Yep

Mcminnville, TN

#31 Mar 16, 2012
you think you would be composed if a teen had a gun shooting at others? Ever been in that position? As you say "crazed rogue" with a gun and you; John Thomas; or anybody else would be composed! And I do know he has not been trained to deal with such a situation.
Intlp

Olive Branch, MS

#32 Mar 16, 2012
Yep Yep Yep wrote:
you think you would be composed if a teen had a gun shooting at others? Ever been in that position? As you say "crazed rogue" with a gun and you; John Thomas; or anybody else would be composed! And I do know he has not been trained to deal with such a situation.
And you know this how?? Oh that's right. Cuz you're one of those smarty pants know it alls!!

I guarantee you if someone was out of their minds, randomly firing a firearm at anything that moved, I could have them secured with one shot!! GUARANTEED!!!! I don't miss!
Yep Yep Yep

Mcminnville, TN

#33 Mar 16, 2012
Oh!! guaranteed? And I'm the know it all. WOW!!! Why can people not have a discussion without all the name calling? but there is no guarantee.
jerry pickens

Olive Branch, MS

#34 Mar 16, 2012
Intlp wrote:
<quoted text>
And you know this how?? Oh that's right. Cuz you're one of those smarty pants know it alls!!
I guarantee you if someone was out of their minds, randomly firing a firearm at anything that moved, I could have them secured with one shot!! GUARANTEED!!!! I don't miss!
dumbass
Intlp

Washington, DC

#35 Mar 17, 2012
Yep Yep Yep wrote:
Oh!! guaranteed? And I'm the know it all. WOW!!! Why can people not have a discussion without all the name calling? but there is no guarantee.
There is a guarantee!! I'm not a know it all! I'm just very trained and experienced with firearms and personal protection, as well as urban warfare and ambush tactics. Like I said, I don't miss!!:)
Intlp

Washington, DC

#36 Mar 17, 2012
jerry pickens wrote:
<quoted text>dumbass
Lol not really, but I've been called worse!! There's a difference in being an inexperienced smart mouth a$$ and being confident in my abilities!

Since: Nov 11

Cordova, TN

#37 Mar 17, 2012
Intlp wrote:
<quoted text>
Internet Tough Guy.
Yep

Chatsworth, GA

#38 Mar 17, 2012
Uncle Snuffy wrote:
<quoted text>
he is a trained individual or he wouldn't carry it, it's called a gun permit dumb assssss
You're the DUMB A$$ is you think the class people take to get a carry permit is any kind of training for weapons in school. It is the most basic kind of education they can get by with to keep people from randomly shooting other people. You don't even have to score a passing score on the shooting course. If you hit anywhere on the target you're gold.
Selina Scott

United States

#39 Mar 19, 2012
Just because he carries a gun into the school, doesn't make him qualified to "take care of the situation". I could carry a scalpel into the school, but does that qualify me to do brain surgery while I'm in there? No! He should be fired for not following the laws he posted. And, he should face charges for carrying a gun onto school grounds.
Yep Yep Yep

Mcminnville, TN

#40 Mar 20, 2012
Apparently the court agrees he broke the law! Indited today... will go before the Grand Jury.
Ctown

Bowie, MD

#41 Mar 20, 2012
You are a complete idiot someone comes into a school and starts shooting the only damn thing that can stop them is another gun where is your common sense.
Yep Yep Yep wrote:
OHNOUDONT

Olive Branch, MS

#42 Mar 21, 2012
OKay they did the right thing now let the legal system do there job! He did it , he should have been held accountable, now he is being held accountable. Please let the law take care of things.
Wonder

Manchester, TN

#44 Mar 23, 2012
JT may have a carry permit, that is NOT training to handle crisis situations. That is NOT training in how to handle an attacker or attackers.
Yes, maybe if there was a student or adult in the school with a gun he could get lucky and take them out and become a hero. OR, students could be running around in chaos, JTs nerves get the best of him, his bullet(s) hit the wrong people. Then what?!
Same goes for having armed faculty. I am not saying this is a bad idea, but it IS a horrible idea if they are not properly trained and counseled in all aspects and scenarios such responsibility carries.

JT is In the hot seat not based on his ability to be a great teacher, principal, or superintendant. He is in trouble with the law because of his obvious disregard for the law!
The reason it has become such a huge deal and controversy is because everyone who could have addressed the issue on the date in question didnt for fear of their job, social standings, and future acceptance of themselves and their family in this judgemental town.
I dare say that the reason none of his faculty while he was principal at PWSS brought it to anyones attention back then was b/c they assumed it was ok since he was the principal or because they knew it wasnt but couldnt afford to risk their job, social standings, and acceptance of themselves and their family in this judgemental town.(yes, i know that was redundant, it was on purpose)
I am quite certain that many many faculty and staff in the HC School System, as well as other families in this county, wont speak up is because they know the risks associated with going against the grain in this town.
Its a very messed up world we live in folks, when we cannot speak our own self truths for fear of backlash on ourselves and our families.
I have no clue who Jerry Fowler is, who is kin to, where he came from, what he does, or anything. But wether you agree with him on this issue or not, you must respect the man for standing up for what he believes in no matter how hard that may be!
donedeal

Kingsport, TN

#45 Mar 24, 2012
Kilgore wrote:
Here is the bottom line. If you are the average Joe anywhere , you will take it in the shorts every-time. Corruption and greed have taken control everywhere. If you have Big money ,or in the gold card club in any area, You walk. They are Greasing the rails to get results they want. The average hard working American is unable to afford to grease the rails, so in return they suffer even more. When Money has no value??
Will be a day the average American will have had enough of the crap, and yes history will repeat. May not be North against the South, but the greedy against the used and abused.
It will happen. Seems the average middle class worker keeps getting less of his/her hard earned monies to spend, and the Government, and everyone else is spending it for them.
Mr Thomas will walk away untouched. keep his job!
Then get a raise in pay to boot... Gotda' Love it.
What do you think now that he has been indicted ??
monkey see money do

Kingsport, TN

#46 Mar 24, 2012
Intlp wrote:
<quoted text>
I think mam that the only thing you don't miss with is your MOUTH !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do people at the papermill make so much money? (May '10) 7 min Head 123
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 55 min TN born and bred 8,646
Whats wrong 58 min grow up 4
terrance 1 hr Arnold Horshack 5
Man Charged in Robberies, Behind Bars (Jan '10) 1 hr Arnold Horshack 77
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 1 hr qwerty 9,477
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Pilot 152,380

Savannah Jobs

Savannah People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Savannah News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Savannah

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]