First Prev
of 3
Next Last
just wondering

United States

#1 Jan 28, 2010
I am looking for a GOOd doc in Savannah. not one that will put me on a bunch of meds I don't need. Any suggestions?
Catfish

Memphis, TN

#2 Jan 28, 2010
I personally think that most all of em are pretty damn good. Dr. Vinson in A-ville is good. I went to that NP over by Delanys towing a while back and she was pretty good. Lisa Marbury I think was her name
TheDocIsIn

Olive Branch, MS

#4 Jan 28, 2010
Gigi Davis is great. Actually figured out what was wrong with my loved one, instead of dopin em up. And Vinson is great.
just wondering

United States

#5 Jan 28, 2010
How much do they charge for office visits? I recently lost my insurance.
Catfish

Memphis, TN

#6 Jan 28, 2010
just wondering wrote:
How much do they charge for office visits? I recently lost my insurance.
Yikes! Prolly looking at least 150, but up to 300 bucks. My regular MD is in Memphis and he is 300 a visit, but Savannah may be cheaper. I didn't notice when I went last
MPerfect

Cookeville, TN

#7 Jan 28, 2010
Dr. Conway charges $50 for office visit. I is an okay doc if you are not Diabetic, but if you are Diabetic, it doesn't matter your situation, it will be his way or no way. He does know is stuff though.

Melanie Nixon next to Bob's Pharmacy is very good/ thorough. I don't know what they charge for office visits.
just wondering

United States

#8 Jan 28, 2010
I have heard that Life Span does some kind of discount. Is there any truth to this? And what kind of people do they see?
DR JOKE

Chatsworth, GA

#9 Jan 28, 2010
I do NOT recommend Dr. Conway...he is a joke!! All he wants to do is dope a person up with all kinds of nerve medications. Go in for a sore throat come out with some Xanax.
Catfish

Memphis, TN

#10 Jan 28, 2010
DR JOKE wrote:
I do NOT recommend Dr. Conway...he is a joke!! All he wants to do is dope a person up with all kinds of nerve medications. Go in for a sore throat come out with some Xanax.
I'll have to try him out then
confused

United States

#11 Jan 28, 2010
I went to Dr. Conaway on 128 for a year before I found out he was a veternarian. When they told me he was a vet, I thought he was in the army or something. But, I don't have heart worms, or come down with the mange, and plus, I got a good worming, so I guess it worked out ok....
MPerfect

Cookeville, TN

#12 Jan 28, 2010
DR JOKE wrote:
I never knew that about Dr. Conway. He asked me every time I went in if I was depressed, but when I said no, he let the subject drop. I didn't think anything about it, since depression is common among Diabetics.

The reason I stopped seeing him is because my prescription coverage went up to the point that I could no longer afford the insulin he wanted me to use, and he was not willing to put me on anything else.
Catfish

Memphis, TN

#13 Jan 28, 2010
confused wrote:
I went to Dr. Conaway on 128 for a year before I found out he was a veternarian. When they told me he was a vet, I thought he was in the army or something. But, I don't have heart worms, or come down with the mange, and plus, I got a good worming, so I guess it worked out ok....
lol, I imagine the worst part was the worming, unless of course, you are into that kinda thing
TheDocIsIn

Olive Branch, MS

#14 Jan 28, 2010
80 bucks for Vinson.
doc

Olive Branch, MS

#15 Jan 28, 2010
dr mike dolan in selmer is a great doctor that will work with you on your visits very reasonably.
TheDocIsIn

Olive Branch, MS

#16 Jan 28, 2010
Omg, I took my Rotty to him. Now I have to go check her script. Brb.
Pharm Tech

Summerville, GA

#17 Jan 29, 2010
Dr. Janet Cromwell and Nurse Practitioner James Delaney are very good.
I also recommend Melanie Nixon and Lorrie Beckham.
Dr. Conway is not good at all about helping his patients with insurance problems and you have to come in every month for refills.
Pharm Tech

Summerville, GA

#18 Jan 29, 2010
confused wrote:
Dr. Conway is a medical doctor and Dr. ConAway is the vet! LOL
me-n-u

Memphis, TN

#19 Jan 29, 2010
Lifespan does have a sliding fee scale that's based on your income. When you call to get an appointment, they will tell you to come by and get the paperwork to fill out to qualify. The lowest amount (I think) is $10 or $20 for an office visit. If you need other tests, I think (but not sure) that they can help with the cost of that too.
yell right

Jackson, TN

#21 Jan 29, 2010
MPerfect wrote:
Dr. Conway charges $50 for office visit. I is an okay doc if you are not Diabetic, but if you are Diabetic, it doesn't matter your situation, it will be his way or no way. He does know is stuff though.
Melanie Nixon next to Bob's Pharmacy is very good/ thorough. I don't know what they charge for office visits.
melanie has too many men problems to worry about her pt she is looking for next victim or taking someones huband away
noesy neighbor

Byhalia, MS

#22 Jan 29, 2010
that's not nice ! my mother always said if u dont have anything nice to say---------the subject was need a doctor remember !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
15 Hooker St - trap house. 2 hr SomeGuy 5
who are the loyal guys in Hardin county 6 hr ghetto 33
michael johnston 6 hr snitchfinder 30
Savannah th mcdonalds 6 hr Ronald McDonald 7
Derek meguire child molester 7 hr JrMan 6
Justin white 7 hr Kristi 1
News Hardin County woman charged with TennCare fraud... (Dec '10) 20 hr Das Pee Pee 13

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Savannah Mortgages