bassett hound missing
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
please

Humboldt, TN

#23 Jul 17, 2012
Found dog wrote:
We brought the dog by the address you give us and there was nobody around when we come by. Hopefully we can try it again.. But its a lil hard to believe from where we picked her up, to where the address you give us,this would be your dog.. There is MANY miles between the two locations.. Another thing is, we called her by the name bella and she didn't respond to it.. Another thing I wanted to ask, did your dog have a collar on her?
You went to the wrong house. Was y'all in a white truck? Because he was outside mowing and said seen someone go down the hill w a dog in the bck that looked like bella but he knew I told y'all the address. If u turn off hwy 203 onto mt comfort it's first house on left or if u come in the back way it's the last house on right. Theirs a white car trailer in the front. I hate that you went to the wrong place but u said above I will come wherever if u tell me where. We just want our dog. She may not be ours but I'll never be able to sleep at nite if I don't see. And no she didnt have a collar
please

Humboldt, TN

#24 Jul 17, 2012
its a shame wrote:
<quoted text>its a damn shame people would mess with your mind and play with your heart and emotions over your missing dog this is why animals are way better than people!!! ive seen her out by the road from time to time when going to BC. shes a fancy hound!! i wish u the best of luck im sure u will be rewared with her return! my heart goes out to you!! with all the luck!!
Thanks so much I hope so we miss her and just want her back.
Found dog

Sarasota, FL

#26 Jul 17, 2012
This dog we found did have a collar on her, so this is probably not your dog. I'm sorry that it got your hopes up.. I wish you the best of luck to finding your dog.. I've had a few of mine come up missing and I know how hard it is on you and more so on your child!! And like I said, I tried calling her by the name "Bella" and I didn't get any response from her at all... My family and I will keep our eyes open when we are out in that area.. We are out that way usually every week.. I wish you luck in finding your pup.. I really was hoping this one was yours..:(
hwy 203

Mcminnville, TN

#27 Jul 17, 2012
I live on 203 and saw a young brown and white bassett in the back of a older model extended cab red ford yesterday. Probably not yours but you never know. I noticed the dog because all I could see was the white and brown, couldn't see any black from where I was sitting, it was a very pretty younger dog. Didn't look like it belonged in the back of some old dirty truck.
showed up

Olive Branch, MS

#28 Jul 18, 2012
I do not know if this is you dog , but you are more then welcome to have him. someone dropped him off at my home. he is a great little dog and dose not mes in the house. looks to be a bassett hound , but not sure..
BassetsRMe

Savannah, TN

#29 Jul 19, 2012
If anyone want to adopt a Basset Hound, go to Petfinder.com and do a search. Basset groups will check your references, your vet, and do a home visit. A fenced yard is required because, after all, Bassets are wanderers and can travel many miles in one day when their noses are following trails. They are great pets, wonderful with children, can tend to be sloppy, but so worth cleaning up after.

The Courier does free ads for Lost and Found pets. Also call the area veterinarians, pet groomers, local animal shelter, and local animal rescue groups to search for a missing dog. Put up flyers with photo of the pet, info on date missing and where from, and if wearing a collar with or without tags; also if it has been microchipped.

Best of luck finding your missing Basset.
bartender

United States

#30 Jul 19, 2012
To whoever thought it was to far the dog to be that one if a dog was in heat they will follow another dog for miles and sometimes can't find their way back home
to bartender

United States

#31 Jul 22, 2012
That's a true statement, BUT that usually applies to a MALE dog chasing after the female... It was,a female that come up missing... The females tend to stay closer to home while every dog in the county comes to her.. i do believe the dog that come up missing wasn't their dog.. for one , no response from the name Bella and they said they didn't have a collar on her and the one found did.. I sure hope they find their dog. I know how it feels to loose a animal... It's heartbreaking!! Hopefully she's made her way back home by now..
bartender

United States

#32 Jul 22, 2012
I hope and prayers go out to These folks that they find their dog it's like one of your family members gone so if somebody has this dog please give it back to them and I don't even know them but I know how.it feels
please

Sarasota, FL

#33 Jul 22, 2012
No we still don't have her back nor have we heard anything else. It kills me to say it but I don't think we will either. Thanks for all the help & kind words.
maybe

Chatsworth, GA

#34 Jul 22, 2012
Hopefully u will either find dog or it will come back home!
Hungry Eyes

Chatsworth, GA

#35 Jul 22, 2012
Check with Golden Dragon. The owner and her mexicans pick up stray dogs all the time for filler in the dishes.
I saw one

Sarasota, FL

#36 Jul 24, 2012
I saw one on hwy 203 on my way to work this morning! He/ she was on the side of the road between sylvan dr and Neill acres subdivision. Please post a number.... If I see it again, I will call u! Good luck!
Curious

Lexington, TN

#38 Jul 27, 2012
Was your dog fixed since she was a female? If not she may have come in and run off with a pack of dogs.. I hate to say it but if that is what happened, they can travel for miles.. But don't give up.. I've had a dog missing for 2mths before and just run up on him by accident one day.. We lived at the beginning of 203 and we found him passed whites school.. So don't give up.. She may still come up yet.. Wish you and your son all the luck!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Savannah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jim Casteel (Sep '15) 5 hr Tennessee 4
michael johnston 6 hr just saying 31
The pretty girl that owns the blue s10 with the... 7 hr Burd Turgler 10
Did Bobby Holt stab Matt Talley (Dec '15) 8 hr Bobby Holt 3 88
15 Hooker St - trap house. 11 hr Paul 7
mark alexander the biggest crook 12 hr thatinformant 19
t -bird wkwx radio 22 hr Respect 6

Savannah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance